Two more bombers against PDRC protesters arrested

webfact

Two more bombers against PDRC protesters arrested

7-29-2014-4-43-50-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Two motorcycle taxi-drivers suspected to be members of a gang responsible for several grenade attacks against anti-government protesters of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee have been arrested by the police.

The two suspects were identified by police as Natthapan Loombangla, 40, a motorcycle taxi-driver working at Petchaburi Soi 5, and Charoen Promchart, 38 who works at Rama IX road. Only Natthapan was presented to the media on Tuesday by the police led by Pol Gen Somyos Poompanmuang, the deputy national police chief.

According to police investigation, Natthapan and Krisda Chaikae who is on the run and believed to be taking refuge in a neighbouring country went to Sampeng Square shopping centre to collect four RGD-5 hand grenades from Apichart Puangpetch but it was Krisda who lobbed three hand grenades at the protest sites at Victory Monument and Banthadthong road during the PDRC protests.

Police alleged that Charoen had received 10 RGD-5 grenades from a supplier but he denied the charges. Before the recent arrest, he was on bail for allegedly lobbing a grenade at Rama IX road.

(Pic : file photo)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-bombers-pdrc-protesters-arrested/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-29

"The two suspects were identified by police as Natthapan Loombangla, 40, a motorcycle taxi-driver working at Petchaburi Soi 5, and Charoen Promchart, 38 who works at Rama IX road."

Personally, I read that as 3 persons... however........... facepalm.gif

"The two suspects were identified by police as Natthapan Loombangla, 40, a motorcycle taxi-driver working at Petchaburi Soi 5, and Charoen Promchart, 38 who works at Rama IX road."

Can you count or am I missing something? It refers to two people who have been identified by Police. One is 40, the other 38. Where is the third one. Is he hiding under a rock somewhere?

'Before the recent arrest, he was on bail for allegedly lobbing a grenade at Rama IX road' What? I beg you pardon? Even some suspected terrorist (or how would you call someone 'lobbing' explosives at innocent civilians?), can get out on bail in Thailand?! I'm losing my last hopes, fast, about this country's future! Even with the NCPO in place, bail is still given to potential murderers, no numbered 'communiqué' about that yet, oh my...

Can you count or am I missing something? It refers to two people who have been identified by Police. One is 40, the other 38. Where is the third one. Is he hiding under a rock somewhere?

Someone is being pedantic about the comma placement.

1. Natthapan Loombangla, 40,

2. a motorcycle taxi-driver working at Petchaburi Soi 5,

3. and Charoen Promchart, 38...

• Like 1

Not being pedantic, just thought I was reading the article incorrectly. It specifically relates to two suspects and then identifies them. There is no incorrect placement of a comma. If one was to refer to a third person in the sentence I would imagine it would state three suspects arrested. As far as I can see a third alleged offender, Krisda Chaikae, is apparently on the run and has sought refuge in a neighbouring country.

Actually there are four names mentioned when the supplier is included although only the two suspects are described.

Many of these articles cause more questions with the limited information that they provide.

1) Natthapan, aged 40, working as a motorcycle taxi driver.

2) Charoen, aged 38, working Rama IX road.

Where is the third?

(and no incorrectly placed commas ... except one missing after "38")

So, as usual the cannon fodder is the only group which performs with those using the cannon fodder for what they are (deemed to be) worth still out of the picture and those who set things in motion by maybe 'merely' mentioning that those anti-government protesters became somewhat annoying have never even been in the picture. Maybe just taking a well deserved holiday or so.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Personally, I read that as 3 persons... however........... facepalm.gif width=24 alt=facepalm.gif>

Not being pedantic, just thought I was reading the article incorrectly. It specifically relates to two suspects and then identifies them. There is no incorrect placement of a comma. If one was to refer to a third person in the sentence I would imagine it would state three suspects arrested. As far as I can see a third alleged offender, Krisda Chaikae, is apparently on the run and has sought refuge in a neighbouring country.

You are being pedantic.