Who's this elite card for?

Is it possible to choose down payments, instead of paying 500k cash . I could pay 20k monthly .

Absolutely possible, you can pay as little as you want, as long is constant payments made in good faith.

Rubbish. Full payment required in advance by wire or bank transfer.

Why such negativity, and why inducing others in doubting your intelligence humor.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt very much that the posters of this forum would enjoy such places as the Pacific City Club (where Thailand Elite members are welcome).

But the Khi Nok Card (introduced in post #400) certainly has hundreds of sleazy bars recommendations and cheap beer promotions.

There is a card for every style smile.png

Just don't say "cheap" in the context of a Thai Elite thread. Kinds spoils the atmosphere.

My apologies for spoiling the atmosphere.

But I said "cheap" in the context of the Khi Nok Card.

Personally I am more into premium imported beer :)

• Like 1

Can u exchange limo service for short time? It's a downgrade anyway.

For something called "Elite", this card should at least get you into some of the private clubs, no ?
I doubt very much that the posters of this forum would enjoy such places as the Pacific City Club (where Thailand Elite members are welcome).

But the Khi Nok Card (introduced in post #400) certainly has hundreds of sleazy bars recommendations and cheap beer promotions.

There is a card for every style smile.png

Au contraire Gerry they'd love it. They could fill up their tupperware containers from the Sunday Brunch and eat like kings all week.

A thaivisa posters' party at the Pacific City Club... That must be worth looking at :D

But I may chose to keep my distances on that day :rolleyes:

Thailand Elite members can always meet in a nearby restaurant while the orgy is going on in the club :)

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Au contraire Gerry they'd love it. They could fill up their tupperware containers from the Sunday Brunch and eat like kings all week.

A thaivisa posters' party at the Pacific City Club... That must be worth looking at biggrin.png

But I may chose to keep my distances on that day rolleyes.gif

Thailand Elite members can always meet in a nearby restaurant while the orgy is going on in the club smile.png

I don't believe you have anything to worry about Gerry most of them wouldn't make it past security. Elite Card or not.

I used to go to the Pacific Club for their smoked salmon, caviar and vodka Sunday Brunch, do they still do it?

A thaivisa posters' party at the Pacific City Club... That must be worth looking at biggrin.png

But I may chose to keep my distances on that day rolleyes.gif

Thailand Elite members can always meet in a nearby restaurant while the orgy is going on in the club smile.png

I don't believe you have anything to worry about Gerry most of them wouldn't make it past security. Elite Card or not.

I used to go to the Pacific Club for their smoked salmon, caviar and vodka Sunday Brunch, do they still do it?

I did not go for a while I must admit.

Last time I went, we wanted to have dinner at the Sirocco but it started to rain... so we ended up at the club.

But if you like caviar I have a good address in Phuket too :)

Imported from Iran. The real stuff.

No need to book with the Elite card, they welcome all quality people :)

We should ask for Thailand Elite to look at caviar privileges. I am hungry now :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

2.75% p.a interest on an investment could hardly be called a profit. Do your maths assuming a mere 3% p.a inflation rate and see how profitable your assumed investment would be.

It is still much better than a 500k loss.

I will need better replies than this.

I bought this card 9 years ago when it was a B1m package. Back then I was not married, didn't have a business in Thailand and didn't qualify for any other visa. I am not a wealthy person but if you are committed to staying in this country for a long period of time in the future, then this card solves a number of issues. Because I purchased it back then my cost per year has now diminished to B110,000.00. per year and will continue to fall for every year hence. I get Immigration assistance for every departure and arrival and free limo service to and from my residence which I use about 5 times a year. Every year I get a free full medical checkup at Bumrungrad ....if I paid for it the fee is in more than B30,000.0 .per year. All these costs which are covered by the card add up and if you take a long term viewpoint about this card then it is not difficult to see that it is good value. If I were to apply for a retirement visa or marriage visa then the yearly financial requirements are more than my present pro-rata cost this year of B110,000.00.

If you make your argument for a one-off cost and then not apply it for a considerable time in the future then I think you miss the point about how cost effective this is. What you spend to purchase this card is not a "loss", it is an investment for your future here.

Thank you for sharing this.

Your post emphasizes the fact that the Thailand Elite program is suitable for a wide range of people.

The program offers various advantages and each member bases his decision to buy the card following his own interests.

As it was already said on several occasions, the biggest group of people who joined the Thailand Elite program since its launch in 2003 are... South Koreans. And they come mainly for golfing (TE statistics).

This forum is populated by mostly Farangs and many Thailand Elite haters. Haters yes, we know, but the reason of their hate towards the program is rather irrational.

For westerners the long term Thailand Elite PE visa is certainly the main and most important privilege.

You don't need to be especially rich to be a member, but you need to be willing to pay for the comfort of having such a visa.

The card can be considered as a way to facilitate a number of issues, and allow westerners to spend long periods of time in the country without hassle. This comfort is worth much more than the price of the card, at least in my opinion.

Those who make improbable speculations about the future or make countless calculations about the program, just end up losing an occasion to enjoy life better.

• Like 1

Let's say putting 2 million baht on the table just for the hope to get a 20 year visa is not something I would take lightly. Also the new cards can't be resold so it's a one time money sink.

I am wondering how many would pay say $20k for an elite card to Canada? 5 year stay, no 90 day reporting and you don't have to leave the country at all. However the card gives you the right to buy condo AND land. The card just like in Thailand does not give you the right to permanent residence. If you wouldn't buy one for Canada why would you buy one for Thailand. Just curious about the logic here.

I am wondering how many would pay say $20k for an elite card to Canada? 5 year stay, no 90 day reporting and you don't have to leave the country at all. However the card gives you the right to buy condo AND land. The card just like in Thailand does not give you the right to permanent residence. If you wouldn't buy one for Canada why would you buy one for Thailand. Just curious about the logic here.

There was a scheme in Malaysia a while back I believe if you bought a house you could get citizenship. May be wrong though.

There was a scheme in Malaysia a while back I believe if you bought a house you could get citizenship. May be wrong though.

The scheme in Malaysia is a bit different.

It is not a membership with added perks, but it is quite good.

However, the requirement of the Malaysian program makes it inaccessible for lots of people who post on this forum.

- MM2H Program.

- No age requirements.

- Transfer 500,000 Ringgit (5 million baht) to a Malaysian bank.

- Gives right to a 10 years multiple entry visa.

- Gives right to buy one tax-free (locally assembled) car.

- And a few more little things... (Right to bring a maid, for example).

After a while you can use part of the 500,000 Ringgit deposit to buy a house or condo. However, as a foreigner you can only buy properties priced more than 1 million Ringgit (10 million baht).

This program is quite nice and the requirements make so that the quality of the people going to retire in Malaysia (young or old) is much higher than the quality of the Farangs ending up in Thailand.

But, Thailand Elite and MM2H and different products.

With MM2H you follow the requirements to obtain a long term visa.

With Thailand Elite you buy convenience and comfort.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

Let's say putting 2 million baht on the table just for the hope to get a 20 year visa is not something I would take lightly. Also the new cards can't be resold so it's a one time money sink.

You missed the 1 million offer, now you will miss the 2 million offer... Keep thinking hard ;)

You are wrong, the new card is transferable.

• Like 2

In Canada basically if you buy a condo you can get citizenship. This is why this elite card looks like such a bad deal. However I do think tat will get very smart here. It's a joke now but I strongly believe they will offer loso cards say 80, 000 a year with no perks or 200, 000 a year elite card for a discriminating farang. Don't forget in hua hin you can still pay 20k for a one year student visa and you don't even have to leave the country. This would be a good way to fight the corruption.

You missed the 1 million offer, now you will miss the 2 million offer... Keep thinking hard wink.png

You are wrong, the new card is transferable.

you are right, the new card is one time transferable.

I didn't miss the 1 million offer as I didn't have the money and any plans to live full time in Thailand back then sad.png

If I'm accepted back in on my return I'm pretty sure I'll go for the 500,000 baht card as it's a better deal than the 2 million offer:

at expiry I can either renew for 500,000 if still available or upgrade to 2 million plan for 1,5 million while saving 100,000 baht (5x 20,000 yearly membership of the 2 million plan) wink.png

Edited by yoslim

In Canada basically if you buy a condo you can get citizenship. This is why this elite card looks like such a bad deal. However I do think tat will get very smart here. It's a joke now but I strongly believe they will offer loso cards say 80, 000 a year with no perks or 200, 000 a year elite card for a discriminating farang. Don't forget in hua hin you can still pay 20k for a one year student visa and you don't even have to leave the country. This would be a good way to fight the corruption.

We are in Thailand, so who cares about what Canada (or Belgium, Togo, Lithuania, New Zealand, ...) does?

I like your idea of the "Loso" cards.

Indeed the Elite card should be offered to those who want to pay for convenience and service.

For the others, there should be a system to pay for visa.

Kind of "Tourist visa for 30 days free. After that you pay 10,000 per month".

That would be very convenient for many people and immigration would get some money in :)

No perks but a kind of "a la carte tourist visa"...

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

If I remember correctly you could have a PR if you invest at least 3 million RM in properties, bonds or real estate. Citizenship is only granted if you are a Muslim and are fluent in the Malay language. They did issued a lot of ID cards in the 90's to Indonesians that would vote for UMNO (Ruling Party) only.

The MM2H program offered long term visas if you invested between 110,000 - 130,000 USD.

I was offered a Malaysian citizenship in the 90's as I am fluent in Malay and had the right contacts with Maju Holdings but since at the time Germany didn't permitted dual citizenship I declined the offer.

• Like 1

So tell me what other choice I have ? Other than the elite card ?

Another option,

If you can afford it, you can live 6 month in Thailand and 6 or 9 in Vietnam using tourist visas from the embassy of Thailand in Vietnam or another country, Vietnam is quite cheaper than Thailand, still a package of 6 month for accommodation you can get a good price. I know that is not exactly what you look but is not a bad option.

I am not sure if your girlfriend is Thai or not, there are some hotels in Cambodia that inclusive are front in the beach and the prices are between 200 and 300 usd for long stay, but My girlfriend will never go to Cambodia or Laos to live and I understand why, but Vietnam seems to be ok for Thai people.

Still you can check in google "digital nomad vietnam" all the time you will find tips to live cheap in any country.

I don't know why so many are afraid of this option. There are many great places in South East Asia.

This is the option I will take, if I'm rejected for my next 60 day tourist visa.

The scheme in Malaysia is a bit different.

It is not a membership with added perks, but it is quite good.

However, the requirement of the Malaysian program makes it inaccessible for lots of people who post on this forum.

- MM2H Program.

- No age requirements.

- Transfer 500,000 Ringgit (5 million baht) to a Malaysian bank.

- Gives right to a 10 years multiple entry visa.

- Gives right to buy one tax-free (locally assembled) car.

- And a few more little things... (Right to bring a maid, for example).

After a while you can use part of the 500,000 Ringgit deposit to buy a house or condo. However, as a foreigner you can only buy properties priced more than 1 million Ringgit (10 million baht).

This program is quite nice and the requirements make so that the quality of the people going to retire in Malaysia (young or old) is much higher than the quality of the Farangs ending up in Thailand.

But, Thailand Elite and MM2H and different products.

With MM2H you follow the requirements to obtain a long term visa.

With Thailand Elite you buy convenience and comfort.

You are spot on Gerry.

Malaysia now only allows to buy properties (houses) valued around 1 mill RM. Around 8 years ago you were even able to purchase 500,000 RM properties but they changed it once again. The Singaporeans and Indonesians really bought up everything in the state of Johor and the Malaysian government had to put some kind of blocks on it.

For me the MM2H was never really an option to consider as 1) I can always fly over to Malaysia and get 3 months on the spot 2) I found Thailand always better then Malaysia 3) The RM is not traded outside Malaysia.

I think the TEC is a great product and next year I am 50 years so I might consider the TEC as I don't want the hassle of depositing 400k in the account and freeze the money for 2 months.

• Like 1

People want to stay in Thailand and not in Canada on this forum.

Thailand has always been a country that wants High net individuals to come to visit the Kingdom and the 2 million Baht card is just for those people's. What Thailand really doesn't want is the cheap people's to stay in this country forever and doing those border runs.

I have been flying every year to my home country to get a new visa on THAI - Royal Thai Silk and enjoyed one month either in Berlin, Munich, London or Paris. It was either 1 year None-B and just recently None-O and it cost me once a year between 200-300,000 Baht to stay for a month in Europe including the flight, some good wine, a good hotel and of course some shopping.

Regarding the ED visas that still can be bought for 20k without leaving the country those visas are also available in Pattaya as my Mrs has a cousin that runs such a visa company in Pattaya because she is well connected but I would never ever take that risk of giving my PP to someone and 3 days later I got all the stamps but if things goes wrong it will be the farang that is screwed and certainly not the Thais.

The 500k plan of TEC is a great product for many individuals who have the funds to bypass the stricter visa rules so for those people's it gives you instant access to a 5 year visa.

• Like 1

Problem with all of you, you want play the rich farang and you are broke. You life is based on materialism and always look for more to spend more. It s impossible to spend 100k a month in thailand, I tried it, I can not unless I decide to become fat.

You can eat very well from Thai market, and have nice condo that you could share with a top Sexy lady. you got all in one package (pussy cat , food, condo) and no need to buy beers to your go-go for sex.

In my point of view only a true loser spend his money in Thailand, you can live much better with less than 20'000 bahts/month.

I even managed to live with 7k a month and believe me or not, you can not be more happy than me. :)

And it s by choice if I have decided to live simply, die simply and your new life will be filled with joy and happiness.

My money will go to the Church of Thai Scientology.

Edited by bitcoinman

People want to stay in Thailand and not in Canada on this forum.

Thailand has always been a country that wants High net individuals to come to visit the Kingdom and the 2 million Baht card is just for those people's. What Thailand really doesn't want is the cheap people's to stay in this country forever and doing those border runs.

You've gotta be kidding me. Only rich Chinese go to Canada and poor come to Thailand. How else can you explain Chinese population owning 50% of the properties in canada? How many do they own in Thailand? Only stupid Whitey will buy a condo here.

Problem with all of you, you want play the rich farang and you are broke. You life is based on materialism and always look for more to spend more. It s impossible to spend 100k a month in thailand, I tried it, I can not unless I decide to become fat.

You can eat very well from Thai market, and have nice condo that you could share with a top Sexy lady. you got all in one package (pussy cat , food, condo) and no need to buy beers to your go-go for sex.

In my point of view only a true loser spend his money in Thailand, you can live much better with less than 20'000 bahts/month.

I even managed to live with 7k a month and believe me or not, you can not be more happy than me. :)

And it s by choice if I have decided to live simply, die simply and your new life will be filled with joy and happiness.

My money will go to the Church of Thai Scientology.

At least with posts like yours we can smile.

Good luck with your life, happiness is all what this is about.

With or without the Elite card (I prefer with)... ;)

Around 35 years ago, from time to time I crewed on racing yachts. Some worth in the tens of millions of dollars. The owners usually cranky bastards worth in the hundreds of millions, back in the day when a million meant something.

These folks would throw parties which costs USD 100,000 and then complain about ten dollars they had misplaced. I never understood them. And when they paid you, one had to double check they didn't short change you. I don't know how many times I lent money to these guys, usually a few hundred francs, because they didn't have any cash on them. You try chasing Gianni Agnelli around the boat yards of Monaco for 300 francs.

The frequently didn't pay their bills, would negotiate over 10 francs and kill you with their bare hands for anything more than a thousand.

But I never ever heard them put down someone, because they lacked money. I never heard them brag about how much money they had. Or how someone's miserable financial existence compared with their jet (i.e private) lifestyle. If anything they would see that persons situation as a challenge to help solve. They could happily sit down and eat with boat yard workers amongst the stench of varnish and resin and talk about how to save five bucks.

I'm very pleased for those posters who are financially comfortable and can spend as they wish. But to those who put down others, because they can't afford an over priced visa waiver and transports service, in a third world country - or when dares to question the value of this exquisite product, rubbishes that person, as not being a quality high net worth individual then…

Permettez moi de vomir.

• Like 1

Christine paul ....

Reverse the thought on your story...my mum left me forever at 1 , my dad at 8..lived here and there until teens and then homeless..slept on friends floor for a year and trailer parks etc...but one thing I did all my life is worked, every day from 16 ...as of now I have joined the TEC, yes I don't have vast sums of money , the easy access option took up 30% of my savings but you know what ???I earned the right to choose what I do with it, I worked hard to make my own decision....it makes me feel more comfortable my situation in Thailand as I have property and income coming into the country ....

That's my choice ..I am sure myself and others on here who have joined the Thailand elite card scheme are not doing it to shout out we have lots of money..as honestly I don't ..but one thing I do know is I want to spend a lot of my spare time in Thailand ..I have tried most of SE Asia and nothing in MY opinion comes close to suit my personal preferences ...so I have chosen it maybe like others as it benefits our personal situation....and I don't want to come on here listening to people like yourself slating the scheme and it seems like many with the hope that the scheme fails...I don't know why ...

I have many friends who are worried currently about the immigration situation as they have interests in Thailand but I genuinely hope for them this all is worry over nothing and everything with regards access to Thailand for them stays the same..but for me the TEC gives me additional confidence for my own situation ...what is the problem with that ..this is my decision and my choice

• Like 1

Christine paul ....

Reverse the thought on your story...my mum left me forever at 1 , my dad at 8..lived here and there until teens and then homeless..slept on friends floor for a year and trailer parks etc...but one thing I did all my life is worked, every day from 16 ...as of now I have joined the TEC, yes I don't have vast sums of money , the easy access option took up 30% of my savings but you know what ???I earned the right to choose what I do with it, I worked hard to make my own decision....it makes me feel more comfortable my situation in Thailand as I have property and income coming into the country ....

That's my choice ..I am sure myself and others on here who have joined the Thailand elite card scheme are not doing it to shout out we have lots of money..as honestly I don't ..but one thing I do know is I want to spend a lot of my spare time in Thailand ..I have tried most of SE Asia and nothing in MY opinion comes close to suit my personal preferences ...so I have chosen it maybe like others as it benefits our personal situation....and I don't want to come on here listening to people like yourself slating the scheme and it seems like many with the hope that the scheme fails...I don't know why ...

I have many friends who are worried currently about the immigration situation as they have interests in Thailand but I genuinely hope for them this all is worry over nothing and everything with regards access to Thailand for them stays the same..but for me the TEC gives me additional confidence for my own situation ...what is the problem with that ..this is my decision and my choice

Is your post a response to my post?

I honestly don't see any connection.

My post was directed toward those who berate, belittle and demean, those who either can't afford the TEC or who question its value. You don't seem to be in this category.

Your choice is your right, as is your opinion. And I'm sure you'd permit others the same privilege.

It was your end point in your post stating it was an over priced visa waiver etc that caught my attention, why not just call it what it is ..a TEC scheme basically with an option to buy for anyone who can make an educated decision based on their own personal circumstance and choice...it was a slight and minor bash on the system that you didn't need to put in..your post up to that point could be applauded. I seem to be getting a feeling from the anti TEC posts that they would be take some delight and satisfaction if the scheme should somehow fail and people lost money so they are no better than the people you were directing your post at for looking down on people who couldn't afford the card ...

Not all of us are smug millionaires

• Like 1

Around 35 years ago, from time to time I crewed on racing yachts. Some worth in the tens of millions of dollars. The owners usually cranky bastards worth in the hundreds of millions, back in the day when a million meant something.

These folks would throw parties which costs USD 100,000 and then complain about ten dollars they had misplaced. I never understood them. And when they paid you, one had to double check they didn't short change you. I don't know how many times I lent money to these guys, usually a few hundred francs, because they didn't have any cash on them. You try chasing Gianni Agnelli around the boat yards of Monaco for 300 francs.

The frequently didn't pay their bills, would negotiate over 10 francs and kill you with their bare hands for anything more than a thousand.

But I never ever heard them put down someone, because they lacked money. I never heard them brag about how much money they had. Or how someone's miserable financial existence compared with their jet (i.e private) lifestyle. If anything they would see that persons situation as a challenge to help solve. They could happily sit down and eat with boat yard workers amongst the stench of varnish and resin and talk about how to save five bucks.

I'm very pleased for those posters who are financially comfortable and can spend as they wish. But to those who put down others, because they can't afford an over priced visa waiver and transports service, in a third world country - or when dares to question the value of this exquisite product, rubbishes that person, as not being a quality high net worth individual then…

Permettez moi de vomir.

Mais vomissez donc...

It is true that many thaivisa forum posters would prefer to see the insults directed at Elite members (and wealthy people in general) unchallenged.

Personally I allow anyone to look down at me (and wealthy people in general) for the sole reason that I bought an Elite card. Please do so, as you wish, and as much as you want till it makes you feel better.

At the same time, forgive me if I challenge these insulting posts and posters who give themselves the right to comment not only on something that don't know much about, but especially on people who they never met.

You can only debate about respect if it comes from both sides.

Now, it would be interesting for you to start a new thread about who is doing what for the society. You may be surprised at who is "putting down" disadvantaged people and who helps the most...

Personally I am not angry at anyone on here. As I said, I am quite happy to belong to the "stupid" group of Thailand Elite card holder :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1