pattaya realty real estate agency are they reliable?

tomtom345

i have seen nice condos in good locations in this agency with reasonable prices , that's why i'm asking this question?

Did you, by any chance, visit the PattayaRealty shop and form your own opinion? I mean, you are telling us all your opinion of Alan Bolton, but I don't remember you asking about ABs trustworthiness on TV

Or are you trolling?

IN my experience of the realtors in Pattaya, and indeed Thailand, I notice the following; 

1. Their websites / listings are never up to date. You call them up about a property, they say it is gone, and ask what you are looking for. Fair enough (sort of) but my response is "I was interested in that property". Tell me one where they actually list what is actually available, and I would be surprised. 
  2. Their prices on rented houses are simply not realistic. The place I am in, right now, no intention of leaving, and the land lord knows this, is currently listed as available on P R's website for 46% more than the rent I am actually paying. I also think that based upon the village, and prices of other peoples houses, the price should go down. So if you see a price, knock about 30% off it and offer that which will be closer to what the land lord has in mind. 
  3. Also, sometimes they list properties at LESS than the landlord will accept. For example, went to one place a year ago through an agent, and then when I said "ok" and spoke with the landlord who was there, he was stunned at the price I had said OK to  - he wanted 15% more than the place was actually listed at. 

In general, I advise driving about and if you see something you like ask around. For condo buildings as the security or what ever - they will know the prices and how to reach the owner directly. 

They might indeed be reliable, but they are just frustrating and you will pay more when going through an agent. 

Edited by boldface

I do not know about Alan Bolton's, but one thing for sure there are a lot of sharks out there of all nationalities, also of any poster who say's one is good I would always be suspicious that they are actually the agent plugging himself.

Lot of money for little work, ideal job for crooks/scam artists on the run, next step up from selling time share.

Just be careful...

• 2 weeks later...

It's actually folly to ask publicly for an opinion on a person or business in Thailand due to the "unique" defamation laws.  Nobody could say anything bad about a real estate agency without risk of legal prosecution and possibly incarceration.  EVEN IF TRUE and ADEQUATELY DOCUMENTED to be so, anybody discrediting a person or business can be successfully prosecuted under Thai law.

So, all you might possibly expect to read in this thread would be positive reviews.  Never the chance of a negative review.

No need to use an agent in Pattaya, drive around in the area you want and look for signs. This is much more productive, you will cutout the commissions and see active properties. Personally I would be afraid to use an agent, as others have said, they will up the price considerably to get more profit.

All agents give you a means of finding properties, the sale or rental prices that they advertise are "wish for" prices rather than realistic ones.

Decide where you want to live and then actively research the prices in that area or development yourself.

Then you at least know what the prices should be then armed with this knowledge you can negotiate.

Agents do have their place but of course all their prices are commission loaded, far better to rent from an owner direct.

As for the agency named, they are merely a conduit as are all agents, the question though sounds more like an ad for one agency rather than a question about another.

Edited by Likener1

ok thanks for the advices.
i have a question though , if i rent directly from the owner who needs to pay for the lawyer who does the contract?
and does anyone here knows a reliable lawyer? and if i have to pay some for the lawyer as well what is the ussual rate?

You can request to see the title deed from the owner. To be extra safe, go to the land office to confirm the ownership.

If I were to engage agents to rent out my unit, I will tell the agent the rent price I'm looking for, and let them advertise as my requirement. Besides, I would put the rental amount on the contract and reach agreement between tenant and owner before signing.

Tenant should not pay any commission to the agents, owners should food the bill. I would engage agents just to reach out to a wider network of prospective tenants. If the tenants is happy to recontract, no need to engage the agent to do the recontract. Thus owner can save on commission also

My old gf years ago worked selling condos and houses. She quit after about 6 months as she is very honest and was always upset about how her boss always wanted her to basically cheat customers. Condos and houses can always be had cheaper if you go direct to seller

ok thanks for the advices.
i have a question though , if i rent directly from the owner who needs to pay for the lawyer who does the contract?
and does anyone here knows a reliable lawyer? and if i have to pay some for the lawyer as well what is the ussual rate?

Why would you need a lawyer just to rent for 6 months or a year ?  The owner will ask you to sign the standard contract , it should be written in both Thai and English.  And you also need a witness. As long as youre dealing directly with the owner there's no big risks involved .

and one more question , how do i make sure the guy who claims he is the owner of the condo is truly the owner?
what documents do i need to ask him to show me?

Seems you are terrified of taking the next step. How do you manage in life?

Heck why dont you hire a barrister instead of a lawyer ?

Jees , rent a place if you like it , if you don't , don't.

What the hell would you do with your contract if they defaulted anyway ?

Take them to court ?????

To coin a phrase ( again ) you aint in Kansas anymore Dorothy.

Rant Over...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app