Epl English Premier League

mrbojangles

Guys, would anybody else like the mods / admin to make a new sub-forum for the EPL ?

I think the World Cup forum has been a huge success. In fact i don't even go into the other sport forums anymore (hence why i have put this topic in the world cup) :D

This forum shows that Football is a huge topic on it's own and i'm sure many members (not only english) like the premier league.

If you want a new sub-forum just say "Aye aye" or post a comment and we'll see what the response is before going to those in higher places :o

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes then you will have to start some other sub-forums for Italian Serie A and the German Bundesliga and whatever..... yes, not to forget Spain, France....

after I have a football-coach licence and a referee's licence and did both for more than two decades, I can certainly say that I dont have anything against football....

but the football-topic is getting emotional too quickly as easily could be seen in the world-cup-subforum and that could sometimes create a nasty atmosphere that is not wanted in a "living in Thailand" forum-community (and is OFF-topic anyway) ..... sorry, just my humble opinion...... maybe others have a different view....

but the football-topic is getting emotional too quickly as easily could be seen in the world-cup-subforum and that could sometimes create a nasty atmosphere that is not wanted in a "living in Thailand" forum-community (and is OFF-topic anyway) ..... sorry, just my humble opinion...... maybe others have a different view....

How is it off topic? Don't expats have a right to debate and chew the cud about football? When in Thailand i get to see more EPL games than when i'm in the UK. Sorry, don't understand your point Wolfie :o As for nasty, well there have only been a couple of them posters, the rest of us have enjoyed having the banter. But you'll get nasty posters in every single forum on ThaiVisa. We just have to ignore them :D

As for the German, Spanish, French leagues etc. Well, we could just have one forum for Football. No problemo :D Golf have their own forum and here are some stats, as of today.

Golf forum: Started 20/11/2005 Topics 49 Replies 216

World Cup forum: Started 22/04/2006 Topics 329 Replies 3,814

So i guess football is pretty popular :D

In that case you've just given the very reason WHY it should have it's own little corner. Of course people get emotional over football. If someone hacks down three defenders, controls the ball with his hand, whacks the goalie, puts the ball in the back of the net and the goal is given, we don't say " Oh, what a naughty boy" or " Dear me, the ref missed that" like they would in golf. Ours is more of a *?!!!##$&*ing reaction.

No in all seriousness, I think it would go down well. For a start, it would stop all the Septics & Joey Boys claiming they don't know what we're writing about regarding "football' as opposed to 'soccer'.

I also had World Cup on my desk top and went straight to that forum everyday that the world cup was on. It's a pity it's all over now :o , but that's life.

What would be a REALLY GOOD IDEA is that after the World Cup is over World Cup Forum is replaced by EPL Forum.

We would have to lobby George about this, we got a sub forum on British Football but it was not what we wanted, just a thread, nothing more.

George ,or any Mod for that matter..can this be considered..PLEASE???

I also had World Cup on my desk top and went straight to that forum everyday that the world cup was on. It's a pity it's all over now :D , but that's life.

It's over already? I thought the most interesting games are tonight, Wednesday and Sunday. :o

I also had World Cup on my desk top and went straight to that forum everyday that the world cup was on. It's a pity it's all over now :D , but that's life.

It's over already? I thought the most interesting games are tonight, Wednesday and Sunday. :o

Only when Portugal beat Germany in the final. Then we can say " Wow, what a team England are. Our 10 men and no captain drew with the World champions" :D

Come on lads

Redrus

Bredblue

nev

chonabot

jjp

and many others

Do you want a football forum? :o

I vote for an EPL forum (I had to ask a Kiwi what he meant by EPL many moons ago, but they live for abbreviations and stats anyway so I didnt feel too bad).

What would be a REALLY GOOD IDEA is that after the World Cup is over World Cup Forum is replaced by EPL Forum.

We would have to lobby George about this, we got a sub forum on British Football but it was not what we wanted, just a thread, nothing more.

We just do a name change of "World Cup Forum" to something else. No pompems. What date's the current games over?

Last game is Sunday George..but leave it here till around Wedenesday till all the caht about who won the Cup and more importantly who came second to Old Croc in the forecasting

Many thanks George

This will be a very sucessful new forum

TP

We just do a name change of "World Cup Forum" to something else. No pompems. What date's the current games over?

It doesn't really matter what the forum is called. EPL, go dai! :D It will just be nice to have a forum where all the guys from the current World Cup forum can continue their ongoing banter and debates. :o

Smashing idea MrB.....but where does one discuss the mighty Rochdale? :o

Prof, I think with the level of interest for Rochdale, we'll just pm each other eh? :D:D

Edit// P.S. Thanks George :D

Edited by mrbojangles

Come on lads

Redrus

Bredblue

nev

chonabot

jjp

and many others

Do you want a football forum? :o

i think a epl forum would be a excellent idea, love the banter on here.

so a big thumbs up from me!!

Eye Eye.

ThaiPauly did already ask for this months ago, you lot must have missed it, don't see how though, its pinned. Got changed to a thread thinkin that would do but, oh no, up the rev................. :o:D

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66597

A swap of the WC forum when finished, would be the best all round. :D

redrus

looks like ronaldo wants out of united be sad to see him go but we only want player who want to play for the shirt.

we have not bought anyone, maybe we are waiting for the fall out from the italian league, who mkows. nev

Why not have it as a football forum and not just the EPL? There is more than one league in the world you know? FOOTBALL Forum. Simple as that.

Because the Premiership is the best, all the others smell....... :o