British Football

ThaiPauly

PLEASE can we have a forum dedicated to the World's most popular sport..

There is now a seperate Golf forum...so why not one for Football..especially with the World Cup coming up.

Us footie fans have no interest in Baseball, Football (USA style) etc (and vice verca to be fair)

So PLEASE let us have a forum where we can discuss the stuff that is of most interest to us.

If you can do it for golf.. then why not football?

Cheers

TP

Anyone want to add support to this plea?

I think there should be room for one.

There are a lot of Football fans on here, how about we keep bumping this to the top of the pile(if needed), see how many responses we get in a week or so then see where we go from there (unless you admin/mods just wanna give us what we want straight away, which is also fine :o ) . I can think of quite a few fans already from the classic United in decline thread who'd prob say yes...... :D

redrus

done, now if you want a new name for the thread PM me

Firstly, is it British Football, or English. I think British as there are some from elsewhere around the isle on the forum.

British Football Forum, or is that too lame.?

redrus

UK football isn't just all about the EPL and I get confused as to wot Oirish football is anyway so

howabout

UK Footie :o

The Republic won't forgive you for classing them as being in the UK though, if thats what you meant.

UK&I Football Forum....?

redrus

Oxford United Forum would be spot on. :D

great idea Brit...once you have secured your Football League staus we can discuss it further :D

personally I would go with " The Football Forum" then we can discuss everything relating to it. The Ozzies, Italians ,Dutch et al can be involved then. Anyone who enjoys "The beautiful game" can join in. Once the yanks realise that its not their particular brand they will clear off :o

TP

Well bang my <deleted> with a dustbin lid. Well done TP.

Lamps, have your boys got a week off before the party next week, you know its gonna be a draw....! :D

I think if we win all our games by a margin of 4-0 per game we can do it eh, where's the bookies.. :o

Bleedin Sunderland.... :D

redrus

Edited by redrus

I'm gonna go have a look now, cos I'm non plussed as to how a golf forum got started. How can you talk about golf.? Play it yeah, talk about it...?.! What more can you say than about the game you just played. Good game good game, end of conversation. So on to the 19th eh Rodders.....!

redrus

The forum needs to be sepearte like the Golf one is.

I posted a few replies on the Golf furum 2 days ago...there has not been another one since... shows that Red is correct about the "Cant talk much about golf" theory.

So please Mr Moderator can it be sepearte from everything else.

Call it International Football...that covers one and all

Cheers

TP

Lamps, have your boys got a week off before the party next week, you know its gonna be a draw....! :o

redrus

No mate................................little job of dumping Liverpool out of the F.A. Cup.

I suppose you could call that a holiday really :D

Also.....any chance of banning Supermouth from this forum

Edited by lampard10

McLaren, Curbs, will he, won't he.....? Would you want either.....?

McCLAREN AND THE ENGLAND JOB: THE TRUTH

Steve McClaren & Alan Curbishley

Boro contacted about compensation FA won't break bank over pay-out Public backlash sparks major worry

By Oliver Holt And Martin Lipton, Daily Mirror.

ENGLAND bosses were last night agonising about whether they can afford to buy Steve McClaren out of his Middlesbrough contract.

Mirror Sport has learned FA chiefs contacted the Teesside club this week to inquire about the cost of extricating the favourite for the England job from his four-year deal.

One interpretation is that the move is a significant step towards deciding that McClaren - whose side lost 1-0 to Steaua in their UEFA Cup semi-final first leg in Bucharest last night - is the man to succeed Sven Goran Eriksson as England boss after this summer's World Cup.

Chief executive Brian Barwick and his recruitment panel colleagues meet today amid concerns that plumping for McClaren will break the bank at Soho Square.

It is believed the FA would have to pay Boro chairman Steve Gibson £1.75million - a year of McClaren's salary - to prise their preferred choice away from the Riverside.

FA bosses are also determined to make a considerable saving on the £4.5m a year they pay Eriksson and are worried that the compensation they will have to pay Boro will make McClaren just as expensive. On top of that is concern at the growing public backlash against the likely appointment of McClaren. Phone-in polls and surveys of pundits have uncovered serious opposition to the idea of McClaren moving up to the top job, with Martin O'Neill attracting most support.

Its O'Neil for England and Hiddink for United for me, when SAF decides of course.

redrus

Lamps, have your boys got a week off before the party next week, you know its gonna be a draw....! :o

redrus

No mate................................little job of dumping Liverpool out of the F.A. Cup.

I suppose you could call that a holiday really :D

Also.....any chance of banning Supermouth from this forum

lamp's old mate think you got a little over confident.

do you think roman is happy today.

mourino the most ungracious looser, and with wenger they have no class.

what has happened to the old gentlemen of the game busby, shankley,ect.

was good seeing wenger blowing his top,,lol. preasure must be on him now as i think they will not be in the champions league next season as i think barca are to strong.

Nothing wrong with Spurs goal..... Wenger picked the wrong players , bad tactical decision...could prove very expensive as I agree Barca will be very difficult to beat if Arsenal make it to the final.

BUT...its a funny old game!!

Went out of fashion when that arrogant, obnoxious, red faced, gum chewing, senile, myopic old alcoholic who prowls the touchline at Old Trafford came down from North of the border.

Went out of fashion when that arrogant, obnoxious, red faced, gum chewing, senile, myopic old alcoholic who prowls the touchline at Old Trafford came down from North of the border.

Eddie, I was unaware that Gordon Strachan was now at Old trafford :o

They died

But there are still some gracious ENGLISH gentlmen still managing English clubs.

Brain Robson

Steve Bruce

Steve Coppell

Joe Royle

Alan Curbishley

Add any others you can think of here... or is it NO surprise that these mild mannered Gentlmen never win much... Good guys come last and all that.. Any opinions?

Touchy touchy Eddie, back when Fergie started you could've done with a better manager too, what if he'd have joined you.? You now have a good manager, concentrate on keeping him. If Fergie had of won a little less I might join you in the slagging but.............. :o

Eddie, I was unaware that Gordon Strachan was now at Old trafford :D

On your bike, we got rid of him once, we don't want him back..... :D

They died

But there are still some gracious ENGLISH gentlmen still managing English clubs.

Brain Robson

Steve Bruce

Steve Coppell

Joe Royle

Alan Curbishley

Add any others you can think of here... or is it NO surprise that these mild mannered Gentlmen never win much... Good guys come last and all that.. Any opinions?

Mark Hughes

I think Chris Colemans cool too.

redrus

Edited by redrus

Mark Hughes

I think Chris Colemans cool too.

redrus

They are not ENGLISH, which woz wot i woz talking abut :o

Wales never produces any Gentlemen to my knowledge....unless you wanna include Niel Kinnock :D