Exercises for the not so young

triffid

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/04april/pages/is-exercise-to-blame-for-andrew-marrs-stroke.aspx

"Andrew Marr has described how he felt the symptoms of his stroke after he went on a rowing machine and "gave it everything I had". This, and other references to short bursts of intense exercise, suggests that he was undertaking some very vigorous exercise in the belief that this would benefit his health.

Most health advice actually focuses on simple, moderate levels of exercise, which raises the heart level and leaves you feeling slightly out of breath. Jogging, cycling and swimming are all good forms of moderate exercise. However, recent research has suggested that intense bursts of exercise may be just as good for you as the recommended 150 minutes per week of moderate exercise."

Edited by chiang mai

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/04april/pages/is-exercise-to-blame-for-andrew-marrs-stroke.aspx

"Andrew Marr has described how he felt the symptoms of his stroke after he went on a rowing machine and "gave it everything I had". This, and other references to short bursts of intense exercise, suggests that he was undertaking some very vigorous exercise in the belief that this would benefit his health.

Most health advice actually focuses on simple, moderate levels of exercise, which raises the heart level and leaves you feeling slightly out of breath. Jogging, cycling and swimming are all good forms of moderate exercise. However, recent research has suggested that intense bursts of exercise may be just as good for you as the recommended 150 minutes per week of moderate exercise."

Not interested in Marr,or what he was up to and as for getting out of breath, after a two hour session I can positivly state I am totally knackered to the point of maximum exhaustion,unable and fit for nothing , after all is that not the main point of being in Thailand

Perhaps I should forego the gym side of things and concentrate on the more immediate

Not interested in Marr,or what he was up to and as for getting out of breath, after a two hour session I can positivly state I am totally knackered to the point of maximum exhaustion,unable and fit for nothing , after all is that not the main point of being in Thailand

Perhaps I should forego the gym side of things and concentrate on the more immediate

I'm OK that you are not interested but just so that we're perfectly clear, then you can go and exercise yourself to death and I wont feel guilty:

the article come from the UK national health advisory service. Andrew Marr is a TV personality who is extremely fit, exercise mad, runs marathons etc. He had a stroke whilst exercising in the same way that you do and that was the cause.

All done now, job done.

When it comes to exercising their is no one size fits all. I'm 70 y/o and I power walk everyday for 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the evening and have been doing this for over 20 years. I think the biggest problem most people have is sticking to a exercise routine, and not seeing instant results give up. This works for me, find what works for you and stick to it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...