Which Thai person do you most respect?

squarethecircle

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My ex Thai boxing champ chum. Our friendship has never faltered from the time I came to LOS. He enjoys having an English guy as a chum too.......thumbsup.gif ......He is perhaps a wee bit different from most as he likes having a laugh.clap2.gif

Prayuth

Chamlong Srimuang

Respect !....At present it would have to be Prayuth and his team for the great effort, and consideration, they are giving to everyone in Thailand.

They have earnt it....thats for sure

• Like 1

My wife is the obvious answer (after 17 years and two kids - a true constant in my life). However, I guess you meant other than family, so I would say my school friend's father - a man that went to the UK with five quid in his pocket, working as a tester for Thai grain imports, and now, 30 years later, had a chain of restaurants, grocery stores, takeaways and property businesses - he is also a really nice guy that is happy to use his contacts to help others.

any Thai willing to stand up for what they perceive as an injustice in their country, any Thai willing to not tow the proverbial line....Any Thai who has some idea about the way the outside world works and doesn't believe Thailand is the center of the universe. Thai's who go out of their way to learn, learn anything....another language, geography, world history....Any Thai who knows I have a name other than "falang." Any Thai who shows an interest in other cultures and ways of life, any Thai that understands that not every country is perfect, including their own and there are still miles to go before things truly are fixed...Any Thai who during Songkran doesn't ask me "how do they celebrate Songkran in your country?" Any Thai who has gone to jail for having the courage to speak their mind freely...including Joe Gordon, GIles Ungpakorn and Grandpa SMS....Any Thai who has made a worldwide contribution to Science, Literature, Peace...etc.....oh wait, there aren't too many of those now are there?

Edited by Smurkster
  • Like 2

Posts containing comments on members of the Royal family have been removed.  Although the posts were not disrespectful, it would only be a matter of time until opposing views would be aired.

Sorry Met, ran out of 'likes'

Don't want too appear brown nosing but good moderating (and judging by the other 'likes', other people think so too).

Posts containing comments on members of the Royal family have been removed.  Although the posts were not disrespectful, it would only be a matter of time until opposing views would be aired.

Sorry Met, ran out of 'likes'

Don't want too appear brown nosing but good moderating (and judging by the other 'likes', other people think so too).

Forum Rules:

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

You're banned! Only kidding :D

The jet set monk ,the red bull heir.......

yeah....they use their time better than you an me and have fun......

Specially the jet set monk. It is like Bill Gates or Steven Jobs minus the work plus a lot more fun.

My Dr. Who called all over thailand to locate my medication that i m3eded badly. It wad after hours. Plus she wrote letters to explain the situation in Thai so that I could get it without Problems. And she called the next day to make sure I was ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app