Any good Rock concerts in Bangkok in the near future?

flyingsaucersarereal

Clapton, Santana, Lady Gaga, Celine Dion, Suede, Charlatans, Noel Gallagher have played in the last few years. They simply can not sell enough tickets at an affordable price for them to make money.

Gallagher was playing at the Singapore GP the next day or so and likes a night out in Bangkok.

There is hardly any good live music in Bangkok. Not even DJ's. It is sad. I think the reason is because in every profession it does not pay to be good here. Nobody cares if you are good, no matter what it is. Think about it, have you ever heard a Thai rave about "the best car repair man in BKK". Never, they don't care. Anyway, forgive the rant, I just find this place so odd.... quality is the last thing on anybody's mind.

Edited by isawasnake
  • Like 2

Been to Linkin Park like 3 years back, and it sucked: Open air (Muang Thong), rather small crowd with not much of an atmosphere, bad sound (seriously) and rain at the end...

Lucky we paid "only" like 3,000 THB per ticket...

Concerts in Thailand? Forget it, fly to Singapore instead...

Just my 2 cents!

One Direction are booked to play next March at Rajamangala stadium, but I think the event is sold out already. I've heard that one reason that a lot of bands don't want to play here is that the main music venue has terrible acoustics and no one wants to play it.

• Like 1

One Direction are booked to play next March at Rajamangala stadium, but I think the event is sold out already. I've heard that one reason that a lot of bands don't want to play here is that the main music venue has terrible acoustics and no one wants to play it.

Beat me to it lol. Not sure if its sold out yet, sar another full page advert in the Post recently.

People may knock them, but they are on course to become one of the biggest grossing bands out of the UK if not the world for decades, and yes they do write some of their own songs and play instruments

Only band to have 3 albums straight to number one on the bill board 100., not even the Beatles did this

Even if you think they are crap, just look at this, a cool billion dollars gross revenue by the end of 2014

http://www.businessinsider.com/one-direction-worth-1-billion-2013-8

There is hardly any good live music in Bangkok. Not even DJ's. It is sad. I think the reason is because in every profession it does not pay to be good here. Nobody cares if you are good, no matter what it is. Think about it, have you ever heard a Thai rave about "the best car repair man in BKK". Never, they don't care. Anyway, forgive the rant, I just find this place so odd.... quality is the last thing on anybody's mind.

well if you are looking to see aging western stars obviously Bangkok is no the place to be looking. The statement that it does not pay to be good here is nonsense as far as singers and musicians is concerned, just don't expect them to be like western artists. There are several good quality venues apart from Impact and probably more smaller venues where you can see bands than in most Capital cities. Just to name one Hollandbeer on Param 2 has a very large stage, good sound great beer. There are hundreds of smaller places like this, although few brew their own beer.

I've heard Millwall are coming soon to sing the Farangs New Anthem in response to the visa clampdowns.

" No one likes us, none likes us, no one

Iikes us, we don't care, we are Farangs, super Farangs, no one like us, but we don't care !"

Can't think of any western bands I'd go to see these days for free even, Asian bands piss all over them as far as i'm concerned, even the kids are better. Love to see these, they have been to Singapore 3x and are in the states now fronting a few lady Gaga shows, well somebody has to!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eQzKsSksQE

Edited by jacky54
  • Like 1

Wait, did you label Metallica as classic rock? Just shoot me now...

Well have a look at some of the other crap acts he mentioned.

Bon Jovi, gimme a break, poor mans Springsteen.

The Stones, havent released anything worth listening to in the last 40 years.

Aerosmiff, jeez an even poorer mans version of the Stones.

Tom Petty, the Travelling Wilburys made him, that vocal style is crap.

Metallica RAWK.

I believe the simple answer is the difficulties with Thai work visas for the support/stage hands.

If you don't want to do Europe, NZ get some surprisingly good bands on their way through.

Nah, I'll go see 'em in Europe.

First of all these are all America/British bands...why would Thai people flood stadiums like people in those countries..is not their culture. If you want to see these bands i suggest you're a decade late pal. Furthermore; stick yo Thai concerts, thats the excitement youre looking for...kohn kaen has alot of outdoor shows, the thai people get pretty drunk and rowdy and you may even get t wtness a stabbing. Asking for your demands is like being in America asking for a good Korean pop groups next show on Bourbon Street New Orleans...aint happening my friend. Embrace the culture you'll find what youre looking for.

Thaksin and Yingluck will be doing Beatles tunes via Skype from Dubai all this year.

Next year they do ABBA from Cambodia. Great act and really rocks.

55555- We need more of this kind of "attitude of comedy" on this site.! Bravo! Welcome to the A List!

Beat me to it lol. Not sure if its sold out yet, sar another full page advert in the Post recently.

People may knock them, but they are on course to become one of the biggest grossing bands out of the UK if not the world for decades, and yes they do write some of their own songs and play instruments

Only band to have 3 albums straight to number one on the bill board 100., not even the Beatles did this

Even if you think they are crap, just look at this, a cool billion dollars gross revenue by the end of 2014

Well there's no accounting for taste is there, and how much money one can make has little to do with quality. Give them a year or two and they'll be heading in one direction, downwards.

Sad todays youth has so little choice, but then I would say that, as an old fart.

I embrace the culture everyday it would be nice to see a concert every once in awhile. Lots of American and British bands come to Japan so why not Thailand?

Thais are not really interested in paying half a months wages to see some washed up millionaires reliving their youth.

Wait, did you label Metallica as classic rock? Just shoot me now...

Well have a look at some of the other crap acts he mentioned.

Bon Jovi, gimme a break, poor mans Springsteen.

The Stones, havent released anything worth listening to in the last 40 years.

Aerosmiff, jeez an even poorer mans version of the Stones.

Tom Petty, the Travelling Wilburys made him, that vocal style is crap.

Metallica RAWK.

Didn't anyone ever tell you, with music, each to their own. Otherwise it's like calling your woman fat and ugly. biggrin.png

• Like 1

well if you are looking to see aging western stars obviously Bangkok is no the place to be looking. The statement that it does not pay to be good here is nonsense as far as singers and musicians is concerned, just don't expect them to be like western artists. There are several good quality venues apart from Impact and probably more smaller venues where you can see bands than in most Capital cities. Just to name one Hollandbeer on Param 2 has a very large stage, good sound great beer. There are hundreds of smaller places like this, although few brew their own beer.

Aging rock stars you bet! Or tried to anyway..Had tickets to see Frankie Valli & 4 seasons (might be down to two: rainy and dry, by now), also Eric Clapton was booked in March. Both cancelled due to unrest. Had a show about 8 years or so ago I did want to see: Bryan Ferry and Pretenders. I didn't go as I was waiting for cataract surgery, figured I wouldn't "see" them anyway....

Went to the Impact for Santana. The noise was horrendous.

Clapton pulled out of there eariler this year.

jb1

Edited by jimbeam1