Dealing with Immigration matters in old age

Guest jonzboy

Guest jonzboy

Many thanks for all the replies.  I like them all (except for the troll), whether positive or negative.  All things have to be considered when planning for the future, and your varied views will certainly help in deciding what is the best for me.  I am in fact motivated to ask these questions as a result of a former colleague of mine who retired to live in Chiangmai.  I visited him there.  He was a regular at The Pub.  He was, however, a singleton.  He lived there for over ten years until he had a massive stroke that left him paralysed on one side and totally unable to care for himself.  With no family or close friends in Thailand to help, he managed to contact his former colleagues who sent a couple of guys out to Chiangmai and sort out his affairs and arrange for him to be repatriated.

I have noticed advertising for a care home on TV's website in the past.  Also in Chiangmai as I recall.  However, details of services provided were scant.  It would be nice to know more.  Perhaps I'll visit next time I am visiting CNX.

Thanks again...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic