Australian parents reveal their side of the surrogate baby story: Thailand

webfact

The man is a convicted and serial paedophile. He should not be allowed to adopt or have a surrogate child. Full stop.

No argument from me. 100% agree the child should be in the care if the Dept Human Svc's now.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The man is a convicted and serial paedophile. He should not be allowed to adopt or have a surrogate child. Full stop.

their address is publicly known (I would post it but I would banned again), he will be dealt with.

News that the father of this child is a child molester and did time in prison for that will not help public sympathy for him. IMO he should not be allowed within a mile of any kiddie let alone having children of his own. Sad story in every respect.

Can you point to where this allegation came from?

News that the father of this child is a child molester and did time in prison for that will not help public sympathy for him. IMO he should not be allowed within a mile of any kiddie let alone having children of his own. Sad story in every respect.

It is the aussie news article.

http://www.news.com.au/national/parents-in-baby-gammy-thai-surrogacy-row-break-silence/story-e6frfkp9-1227013652057

It is all over the media that he is a slimy rock spider.

Father in Gammy case has string of child sex convictions

A Western Australian man believed to be the biological father of abandoned baby Gammy has been convicted of child sex offences on multiple occasions, 9NEWS can reveal.

The man, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, went to jail for three years in the late 90s on two child sex offences against two girls under the age of 10.

He was later convicted of indecent dealings with a child under the age of 13.

Read more at http://www.9news.com...3YurzqP3d9Yo.99

their address is publicly known (I would post it but I would banned again), he will be dealt with.

They have apparently gone into hiding as death threats are circulating against the slimy pedophile.

Some people will take the word of a phedophile over a thai. You'll be believing the yellow shirts next.

Well that would be miles ahead of believing anything from the other side, and besides such a comment is so Passé.

• Like 1

4Pm 7 news, We now have the story that Thai authorities told the Oz parents that the baby only had a day to live and the surrogate mother wanted to give the baby a Thai funeral, there was no mention of downs syndrome there is concern of the fathers criminal history regarding underage girls , because of this the surrogate mother wants the baby returned, the Oz child welfare are now looking into these matters , so as it stands, you can be a pedophile and use Thailand as a breeding ground, so to speak, because of small minded politician's that run Australia, the grand Liberals , 1 Term Tony and his band of oxygen thieves, who balk at anything that the good lord hasn't invented.bah.gif

UPDATE:

Australian in Thai surrogate case has child sex convictions: report

PERTH, August 5, 2014 (AFP) - An Australian father accused of abandoning his Down's syndrome baby has convictions for child sex offences, reports said Tuesday, as the surrogate mother said she was willing to take back the boy's twin sister if the allegations were true.

The revelations came as the man and his wife claimed the Thai woman who gave birth to Gammy had misled the world over what happened.

The couple, who cannot be named for legal reasons, have come under heavy criticism for apparently rejecting the boy at birth and taking only his healthy twin sister back to their home in Bunbury, south of Perth, from Thailand.

Australian Associated Press said court documents show that a man, believed to be Gammy's 56-year-old father, was convicted for sexually molesting three girls.

State broadcaster ABC added that he was jailed for sexually molesting two girls under the age of 10 when he was in his 20s. He was also accused in 1997 of another six charges of indecently dealing with a child.

Other reports said child protection services had been called in to investigate his "suitability", although they were unable to confirm this to AFP and police had no comment.

The surrogate mother, Pattaramon Chanbua, has insisted she will raise seven-month-old Gammy after saying the biological parents at first requested an abortion and then walked away when they learned of his condition.

But the Australian couple said in a statement, issued through a friend to their local newspaper the Bunbury Mail, the allegations were false and they did not know he had Down's syndrome, although they were aware he had a congenital heart problem.

"Gammy was very sick when he was born and the biological parents were told he would not survive and he had a day, at best, to live and to say goodbye," the friend, a woman, told the newspaper, without saying who told them this.

The birth of the twins was supposed to take place at a major international hospital in Thailand but Pattharamon went to another facility, which made the surrogacy agreement void, according to the newspaper.

This meant that the couple had no legal rights to the babies although the surrogate mother finally agreed to hand over the girl, the report said.

"The biological parents were heartbroken that they couldn't take their boy with them and never wanted to give him up, but to stay would risk them losing their daughter also," the friend said.

She added that allegations that the couple "ignored" Gammy when they visited the hospital were untrue and they had bought gifts for both infants.

The friend said the couple spent two months in Thailand but due to military unrest at the time felt they had no option but to leave without Gammy.

"This has been absolutely devastating for them, they are on the edge," she said.

- 'I have never lied' -

The case has sparked fevered debate on the moral and legal grounding of international surrogacy.

Commercial surrogacy, in which a woman is paid to carry a child, is not permitted in Australia but couples are able to use an altruistic surrogate who receives no payment beyond medical and other reasonable expenses.

To avoid those curbs, Surrogacy Australia said couples are increasingly choosing to find women willing to carry their baby overseas, with several hundred each year travelling to India, Thailand and the United States.

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott said the Gammy case was "a tragic human situation".

"I don't think there would be anyone in the country who wouldn't be really pretty cut up about what's happening here," he added.

While the full picture of exactly what happened in Thailand remains unclear, Pattaramon insisted to AFP on Tuesday she had been transparent.

"I have never lied or hidden anything. The truth is the truth, it's up to society to make their own judgement," she said.

Pattaramon said she was willing to take Gammy's sister back if the latest allegations were true.

"I'm shocked, but I don't know how true it is ... (if it is true) I will try to take the other baby, but that's up to the law," she told AFP.

Pattaramon has said she agreed to carry another Thai donor's egg fertilised by the Australian man in exchange for around US$14,900.

An agency, which she refuses to name for legal reasons, acted as the go-between.

She says the agency told her the parents wanted her to have an abortion once medical tests revealed the boy had Down's syndrome, but she refused.

Abortion is illegal in Thailand -- except in very specific cases including rape and to protect the mother's health -- and it also runs counter to beliefs in the overwhelmingly Buddhist kingdom.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-08-05

mum has hit paydirt from the sounds of it, plenty of coin being donated and Moira Kelly is going to adopt the kid.

Moira Kelly is a wonderful beautiful person. She has done so much for challenged children.

Always two sides to a story.

If the Thai surrogate is a liar, and in my experience Thai women are incapable of telling the truth, then she has done untold damage to this couple.

It would seem very odd to me that a multiple child molester would be allowed to arrange and keep a surrogate child.

All parties concerned are probably surprised to hit the headlines worldwide, yesterday it was in the (very serious, no tabloid) Dutch newspaper I read online. Wonder if this story first went viral in the social media, before hitting the printed press.

They got royally screwed over by Goy who breached the surrogacy contracts' conditions thus depriving them of their legal rights.

She initially refused to hand over their daughter. She lied about the abortion and it seemed a few other things The guy is being called a serial pedophile: he molested some girls 30 years ago, that's <deleted> up, it went to court 15 years later, he confessed did his time. He raised a family of adult kids ...no recidivism in 30 years. Okay to some people that doesn't matter but I think it counts for something..
I agreed with the 'what a <deleted> couple' narrative and I donated but inconsistencies appeared in Goys story and now the other side comes out. When I first moved here way back when, I noticed that Thais lied a lot but weren't that good at it....they haven't mastered plausible deniability. That's what I'm seeing now.

And as yet not a single peep or any trail of the agent. Who is this guy to be so powerful to be able to be keeping his name out of the papers?

Named in the media as David John Farnell with two criminal convictions for child sex offences. Now being investigated by WA Police for suitablity. Does beg the question if surrogacy parents are required to have a criminal record check.

Edited by simple1

And as yet not a single peep or any trail of the agent. Who is this guy to be so powerful to be able to be keeping his name out of the papers?

Named in the media as David John Farnell with two criminal convictions for child sex offences. Now being investigated by WA Police for suitablity. Does beg the question if surrogacy parents are required to have a criminal record check.

The state of Victoria is the only state that requires full criminal history checks prior to IVF/surrogacy.