bitten by something

ryanhull

I'm sorry to have been a little abrupt but Lyme is a very complicated disease with a political issue.

If you read the bit about Chronic disease on cdc they call it post Lyme Syndrome

In some cases, these can last for more than 6 months. Although often called "chronic Lyme disease," this condition is properly known as "Post-treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome" (PTLDS).

Which makes all the difference and allows health insurance companies to deny refund to their patients.

For the moment every country except Germany has followed the American board advice and refuses to treat thousands of very sick and dying patients. This is why CDC literature is not a reliable source of info. For better information you should watch the movie: Under our skin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JgR_Jfbhv8

It explains how the American Board was infiltrated by insurance companies to say that there is no such thing as Chronic Lyme disease.

I know most websites only mention ticks as a vector to just make the message clearer as it is a complicated disease, but ticks are just one of many vectors.

http://www.stopthelymelies.com/lyme-disease-101/transmission-controversies

Anyway, in doubt I definitely think the OP should get treatment asap. A few weeks of antibiotics even as prevention, is nothing compared to what he might be facing.

I hate to say this... looks like you are right, I thought that this was just conspiracy stuff.

For the moment every country except Germany has followed the American board advice and refuses to treat thousands of very sick and dying patients." - Because the SCIENTIFIC proof is NOT THERE

No one is screaming.

Just presenting the OP with the option to avoid easily a seriously debilitating disease.

Advising a person with no indications of Lyme Disease, and living in an area of low transmission, to self-treat with prophylactic antibiotics is highly irresponsible.

1/As previously said I advised the OP to get hold of a LLMD to seek advice for treatment. Never advocated self medication.

Here is what I wrote;

Contact www.tbdalliance.org ASAP and get a LLMD on the phone to talk to you for which abx treatment is suitable.

2/ As for now it is not possible to establish that Thailand is a low transmission area.

Edited by Kitsune

I'm sorry to have been a little abrupt but Lyme is a very complicated disease with a political issue.

If you read the bit about Chronic disease on cdc they call it post Lyme Syndrome

In some cases, these can last for more than 6 months. Although often called "chronic Lyme disease," this condition is properly known as "Post-treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome" (PTLDS).

Which makes all the difference and allows health insurance companies to deny refund to their patients.

For the moment every country except Germany has followed the American board advice and refuses to treat thousands of very sick and dying patients. This is why CDC literature is not a reliable source of info. For better information you should watch the movie: Under our skin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JgR_Jfbhv8

It explains how the American Board was infiltrated by insurance companies to say that there is no such thing as Chronic Lyme disease.

I know most websites only mention ticks as a vector to just make the message clearer as it is a complicated disease, but ticks are just one of many vectors.

http://www.stopthelymelies.com/lyme-disease-101/transmission-controversies

Anyway, in doubt I definitely think the OP should get treatment asap. A few weeks of antibiotics even as prevention, is nothing compared to what he might be facing.

I hate to say this... looks like you are right, I thought that this was just conspiracy stuff.

For the moment every country except Germany has followed the American board advice and refuses to treat thousands of very sick and dying patients." - Because the SCIENTIFIC proof is NOT THERE

Lyme disease is a very controversial disease.

This is obviously not the place to start a debate on this.

Let's just the OP decide for himself.

I wish someone had for me.

Thanks

To repeat what Sheryl suggested; there is NO indication that this individual was exposed to Lymes disease so keep this out of the conversation.

Likely sandfly or spider but it looks more like bruising.  Sandfly is intensely itchy which distinguishes it from a spider bite, and takes some time to heal.

Proper examination with some magnification by a dermatologist is surely indicated if this persists beyond a few days..

I had similar last year on the top of my foot. Thought it was a mozzy,......... then it looked like a bruise. 3 days later very swollen and very very painful. Very difficult to walk on it. Total 2 weeks. A powerful magnifying glass revealed fang marks = small (tiny)spider (we think). The bite was night time (I was stoking the BBQ at the time) I live in the forest.

I should add (probably irresponsibly). I self treated with anti histamine. Not sure if the doc would have done any different Edited by iancnx

Ok not sure you are listening any longer but I will go on in the event it helps another. This is unlikely a bite. You don't seem to have an immune response going on. This is what is called a hematoma, or ecchymosis. There is a point proximal- north- in the hairline that looks like it may be a primary irritation of bite, but unsure. It is possible that an injury or impact here could cause the subtle bleeding to widely disperse in the round shape you see on the dorsal side of your palm= gravity. The area is thin and a little blood disperses a great deal. It actually looks like your hand impacted on object. Normally this is more typical of the elderly, and I don't think you are over 50, so less common.

Everyone who suggests seeing a doctor is always correct.

Despite numerous requests by the moderators to stay on topic some posters have continued to derail this thread into discussion of Lyme disease, which is not in any way relevant to what the OP described.

As the OP has informed that he is fine and the slight bruising (which was the ONLY symptom present) quickly resolved on its own, the thread is now closed.