SRT Lady Passenger Car popular among passengers

webfact

SRT Lady Passenger Car popular among passengers
By Digital Content

1407396879539.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 7 -- The State Railway of Thailand (SRT) said that since the agency has started to provide the 'Ladies and Children Car', service compartment, it has become quite popular among train passengers.

In addition, SRT plans to step up its measures against thievery on board its trains.

SRT Information Division chief Nuan-anong Wongchan said since the services of the SRT's 'Ladies and Children Car' was launched on August 1, women and children passengers have shown great interest in using the service provided and reservations in the passenger compartment were fully booked.

Only females riders and children age 10 and under, with the height of 150 centimetres or less are allowed to board the Ladies and Children Car.

The pilot service has been initiated on board eight train routes.

Meanwhile, SRT Acting Governor Prasert Attanan told the press about the improved measures against stealing on the board the trains, that all compartments would be locked at 10pm until 5am the next morning, where train conductors would patrol the train every two hours to prevent any untoward incidents.

Two railway police officers will also patrol the train every hour, starting from midnight until 5am the next morning.

Acting governor Prasert said that in the near future, railway passengers must also provide their ID card numbers when purchasing tickets, and CCTVs would be installed on board the trains within the next two months. (MCOT online news)

[tna]2014-08-07[/tna]

Heheee!!! Of course it is popular now. If you cant take the ladies and child car you risk getting drugged and robbed now. I am sure they are having full bookings now for that protected car

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Heheee!!! Of course it is popular now. If you cant take the ladies and child car you risk getting drugged and robbed now. I am sure they are having full bookings now for that protected car

And before the Lady passenger car they had the choice of being raped and thrown from the train...... tough choice.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Locking the compartments? Surely this is a ludicrous thing to do. What about fire or derailment?

Agree, plus it's quite probably 'one key fits all' and nobody knows how many people have copies of the key, including

many SRT folks and many people who previously worked for the SRT or it's numerous contractors.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Is this first class or second class sleeping cars, or both, and is there also a third class sit up all night ladies and children only carriage? Anybody know?

Is this a midgets Lady/Children's carriage. What is this nonsense about a height restriction of 150 cm. or just poor journalism.

Popularity of such a provision only goes to reflect as to how vulnerable women feel in this country where assault, rape theft and murder are common place.

Another carefully thought out plan.

Seems like the idea media-tes to females and children that all males and ladyboys are rapist, druggies, and potential killers.  And the fact that it's popular suggests a huge cultural problem that is anti-HAPPY.

Edited by Ve37

This is sooo much a failure statement.....

We can't control people that should be jailed so let's jail the potential victims.....

Would I want to travel by train with wife and 3 years old daughter, I risk my life on a train while they are locked in a safe????

They sure got their priorities right.... crazy.gif

We can't control people that should be jailed so let's jail the potential victims.....

Would I want to travel by train with wife and 3 years old daughter, I risk my life on a train while they are locked in a safe????

The problem with them "locked in a safe" is a few days ago someone drugged an entire carriage and stole the passengers belongings, what happens when they drug the ladies carriage and just wander from seat to seat raping each of the ladies.

Edited by Spoonman

The problem with them "locked in a safe" is a few days ago someone drugged an entire carriage and stole the passengers belongings, what happens when they drug the ladies carriage and just wander from seat to seat raping each of the ladies.

I think we have now gone into the realms of fantasy.

I think we have now gone into the realms of fantasy.

Why Fantasy ?

1. Girl attacked, raped and thrown from the train whilst still alive and died at the side of the tracks.

<Big clampdown on train security and what not>

then we have;

2. Whole carriage drugged and possessions stolen.

Both happened within a short time frame of each other.

3. nobody knows.

Edited by Spoonman