Fax service in CM?

clokwise

Between the Thai wife and I we have been unable to find anywhere in CM who can send a fax to Australia for us. Commonwealth Bank is holding our account balance hostage until we can "prove" our identity by sending them a fax. They insist on a fax only, no email or other means of verification will suffice. When I suggested to them than any criminal with Photoshop could fake my credentials they insisted they are able to tell if documents sent by fax have been forged. So needless to say, we'll be closing our accounts with them ASAP -- as soon as we get verified!

I realize the answer to this question may be obvious to a lot of people, but we really have tried our best to find a fax and all we get are smirks or questions like "Are you a time traveler from 1990"? So it's my turn to be the guy asking the dumb obvious question, and I'll await everyone's sarcastic comments that follow...

I know of two places on Huay Kaew Road where you can send a fax:

• Buddy's Internet, across the street from Kad Suan Kaew shopping center
  • In the basement of Kad Suan Kaew, near the food center and around the corner from Tops, is a photocopy shop that also has a fax service.

The fax machines in both establishments are ancient--but they work!

• Like 1

In the past I have simply taken a (careful) photo of the document then sent it as a fax using one of the (many) online fax sending services. Takes a few minutes and costs very little.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Thanks for the tips.

I will investigate these areas this weekend.

As for the computer and online fax services, Commonwealth Bank specifically told me not to use them because they are able to detect when a fax is sent electronically like that and they will reject it. I must use an actual circa-1990 fax machine because then they can be certain the image was not manipulated. When I asked how I am supposed to stick my passport into the fax machine she said I can make a photocopy first.

The utter stupidity of the security protocol at Commonwealth Bank is both astonishing and frightening.

As for the computer and online fax services, Commonwealth Bank specifically told me not to use them because they are able to detect when a fax is sent electronically like that and they will reject it. I must use an actual circa-1990 fax machine because then they can be certain the image was not manipulated. When I asked how I am supposed to stick my passport into the fax machine she said I can make a photocopy first.

The utter stupidity of the security protocol at Commonwealth Bank is both astonishing and frightening.

wow, even Swiss banks whom i thought were the last to hold out, gave up on demanding "fax only" about 4 years ago.

I know of two places on Huay Kaew Road where you can send a fax:

• Buddy's Internet, across the street from Kad Suan Kaew shopping center
  • In the basement of Kad Suan Kaew, near the food center and around the corner from Tops, is a photocopy shop that also has a fax service.

The fax machines in both establishments are ancient--but they work!

Buddy's +1

I've sent many fax though them in the past few years.

Thanks for the tips.

I will investigate these areas this weekend.

Scary!

Yes, a relocation of funds is called for.

I understand all these banking needs in Australia and Singapore. I do about 4 bank fax a year. So I enrol in Skype Pam fax. Put about aud5 and each A4 page fax thru my computer n printer/scanner cost about aud 0.80
Never had problem since in Chiangmai

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand