Apartments/houses In Chiang Mai

keyser

I´ve never been to Thailand before, but I´ll be living in Chiang Mai from November-March and I need help in finding a place to stay. I don´t mind if it´s in the city or a little outside of it(if I can rent a scooter bike), whatever is cheapeast. I can afford about 10-15thousand baht a month. What I need is a kitchen, 2 bedrooms, internet.. and a pool would be great, but by no means a must(isn´t there a nice one in the city).

I have no idea how to look for such a place, can´t really find anything on the net.. so I was thinking of maybe booking a hotel the 1 week and hoping I could find something(again.. have not a clue how to look). I would greatly appreciate all help.

I´m also interested in learning mediation, but I can´t go for weeks at at time etc. A day or a few hours at a time would be great... I found some place called Middleway Technique that does it on Saturdays, but I think I found som other place that has courses on Sundays too?? Anyone recomend a place?

I´ll be working out a lot there.. so can anyone recomend a good gym, and are there stores that sell protein drinks(like EAS), and herbal supplements like Long Jack/Tongkat Ali(that even grows in Thailand) ??

Also.. any good golf facilities?

Hope someone can help me out with any of this.

... I've thought a bit along those lines, too --- Such a simple thing as entering the word "apartment" in the text-field saying "Enter keyword" below the thread list and clicking "Search Topic" yields a wealth of relevant info ... Who can take anyone seriously, who didn't figure out it might be worth a try to do so?

Edited by rishi

I've always found that making recomendations about accomodation is impossible, what I like other hate and vice versa.

My recomendation is turn up and book into a cheap guest house (there I will recomend Top North) and have a look around for a few days. You can rent almost on the spot and move in that day if you have a months rent and a couple of months rent for deposit in your pocket - say about 80,000 baht?

Thanks:) ! What is hillside 4, can you provide more info please?

hillside 4 is a large condiminum in huay kaew rd buy the big central shopping complex and many big hotels and resturants its manily private owned and you rent off owner though some estate agents do advertise one is www.chiangmairealty.com tele no 096311114

Thanks:) ! What is hillside 4, can you provide more info please?

hillside 4 is a large condiminum in huay kaew rd buy the big central shopping complex and many big hotels and resturants its manily private owned and you rent off owner though some estate agents do advertise one is www.chiangmairealty.com tele no 096311114

Hillside 4 also has a very nice gym. I do recommend Adam at Chiang Mai Realty though, he'll work with you to get you what you need. I found my place through him, near CMU, pool and modest gym, clean air and good view of Doi Suthep. You should definitely get a guest house for the first week or so, though, so you can look around and see not only what the rooms are like, but the areas they're in.

I suggest making reservations in advance with Julie's Guest House - very clean, central, and cheap. Book in advance though - you're coming high season, and it's a popular spot.

You will want a bike - they can be rented for 2-3K a month. Alternatively, you can buy a used one for 10-15K and sell it when you leave, more hassle but works out cheaper.

• 1 month later...

Try this: Sansai Land and House Project, PetBurin Subdivision, 40 tarangwa (160 sq.m.) , 2 bedrooms, 2 baths. Has clubhouse, etc. Rent for B4000/mo.

Webpage where this town house may be seen:

http://www.professionals.co.th/properties....a%ec&page=2

On the page, identify the listing by: Code CM-00524

On the webpage, you will see the map and picture of the premise.

Listed by: Professionals Asia Network Co.,Ltd.

138 Boonmitr Building, 12th Floor, Silom Road, Suriwong, Bangrak,

Bangkok, THAILAND 10500

Telephone : (66) 02-634 5855 Fax : (66) 02-634-5850

Email :[E-mail addresses removed as per Thaivisa Forum policy. Please contact the poster for more details, or use Google. /Meadish]

• 1 month later...

I'm a owner of Hillside 4 room with Mountain view Fl. 9 and Fl.12. each studio room in the middle of building, room area 45 sq.m., 1 A/C, 1 TV., 1 fridge, 1 microwave, water heater, telephone line, kitchen area, security guard 24 hours, key card, restuarant, swimming pool, Suthep view. 1 yr contract would be more prefer at 12,000 bht [E-mail addresses removed as per forum policy. Please contact the poster by using the PM button for additional details.]