Pay your Citibank credit card bill - even if you don't have it

Posted (edited)

Hi welcome to Thailand.

Same thing happened to my wife. 

Just do a search in your banking app for UOB credit card.  The card is not being recognized as Citi brand anywhere anymore.

You will need the app to track your expenses. It was a pain setting it up even for a Thai national.

Edited by Celsius

1 hour ago, treetops said:

Isn't it due on the same date every month like my UK credit cards?  Shouldn't be difficult to remember.

I guess it is. But then, until now for me it was due when I received the statement/invoice.

I check all my emails, and until now I always paid after I received the emails. Simple.

Now UOB sends out an email every time I open their app. But, as far as I remember, they didn't sent me any email telling me that from now on they won't send out statements per email anymore. Why? What's the problem with sending one more email like: Now it's time to pay your bill.

It seems many company, not just above, send so much here and there and everything. All marketing. But somehow they "forget" to send the important information. 

39 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Set up a Direct debit to pay the minimum each month!

That way you won't be charged for missing a payment!

I like to see my bill before I pay it. And normally I pay the full amount right away after I received the statement/invoice.

But that only works if they send me an statement/invoice... 

• Confused 2

I have the same problem and I'm not able to set up the UOB App. I neither know the amount I owe, nor how to pay. Didn't get any proper info, tried the call center multiple times for looong but no avail.

Now I have to go to a UOB branch and get help for set up the App.

This immigration from Citi to UPB is pain in the A$$ and customer service from UOB is non existing. 

This situation sucks and I am close to ditch this card and get me something else.

I hate that I now have to run after these idiots to make sure I pay my due.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Toddel said:

I have the same problem and I'm not able to set up the UOB App.

I tried to setup their app maybe 3 weeks ago and I couldn't add my card.

Then I contacted them (I forgot how) and they told me something like: wait another week, and then you can use your existing username and pw from the Citi App. That's what I did and then I could add my card.

Maybe try again.

The App is called: UOB TMRW TH

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Toddel said:

I have the same problem and I'm not able to set up the UOB App. I neither know the amount I owe, nor how to pay. Didn't get any proper info, tried the call center multiple times for looong but no avail.

This immigration from Citi to UPB is pain in the A$$ and customer service from UOB is non existing. 

This situation sucks and I am close to ditch this card and get me something else.

Not ideal, but my workaround for my April bill due in mid-may was to use a QR from my final March Citibank statement and the payment went to UOB in less than 5 minutes.  This workaround is on the UOB website and will work until next month.

To change to an e-mail statement notification and once you get the App working, you go to Services > Statement Settings > estatement notifications and pick e-mail.   UOB April Statement was issued 7 days later than normal with old Citibank with same due date.

EDIT - I did get the e-mail notification after performing above step.  This e-mail does NOT attach a statement, I had to go to the App to upload the statement to my One Drive.  Not ideal but at least Ï was able to get the e-mail notification working and see that the statement has a QR I could use with 3rd party bank to pay for future months.  I will quote the body of the e-mail below:

Dear customer, your Credit Card eStatement is ready for viewing. Please log in to UOB TMRW or Personal Internet Banking to view your statement.
UOB EMAIL DISCLAIMER
Any person receiving this email and any attachment(s) contained,
shall treat the information as confidential and not misuse, copy,
disclose, distribute or retain the information in any way that
amounts to a breach of confidentiality. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete all copies of this email from your computer
system. As the integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed,
neither UOB nor any entity in the UOB Group shall be responsible for
the contents. Any opinion in this email may not necessarily represent
the opinion of UOB or any entity in the UOB Group.

Edited by Expat4life66

6 minutes ago, Expat4life66 said:

Not ideal, but my workaround for my April bill due in mid-may was to use a QR from my final March Citibank statement and the payment went to UOB in less than 5 minutes.  This workaround is on the UOB website and will work until next month.

To change to an e-mail statement notification and once you get the App working, you go to Services > Statement Settings > estatement notifications and pick e-mail.   I changed mine after the first UOB statement was issued so was notified by SMS (default) and had to retrieve it on the app, will see if this works in a few days.  April Statement was issued 7 days later than with Citibank with same due date.

According to their website they don't send any e-statements for email anymore.

In the app is an area where we can set if we want paper statements. At least for me that was by default set to off, no paper statements.

just paid my CC minutes ago as i make a note on my phone and I always pay early

did the same for my airfare bill CC as i just made it under the wire with transfers and time zones.......use your calendar app on phone.....or if a good customer and pay on time call the bank and ask for a credit as i explain why i missed my usual payment

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

According to their website they don't send any e-statements for email anymore.

In the app is an area where we can set if we want paper statements. At least for me that was by default set to off, no paper statements.

calendar app on phone

to do app on my phone

get a pen+paper?..post it for the fridge?..rely on yourself the bank is there to HOPE you miss a payment hence profits

On 5/23/2024 at 2:28 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

This is information for anybody with a Citibank credit card in Thailand.

Today I received an email from an online account which I pay regularly with my Citibank credit card. They told me my bank refused to pay.

I thought there should be more than enough credit available. I logged on to the app, and I saw that my payment was 2 days overdue.

How could I have missed that payment?

It's easy why. Because I didn't receive a bill from them. Until recently, when Citibank was still Citibank, I received every month a statement from them. And then I paid.

Now, that this is part of UOB, I didn't receive such a statement. And for that reason, I didn't know I should pay. And they didn't send me any email like it's time to pay or anything like that.

When the payment was refused, I checked their website and I found this:

Will customers be able to continue using the Electronic Statement Service (e-statement)?

If you had previously enrolled for e-Statements with Citi, you have automatically been enrolled for e-Statements with UOB for your converted current and savings accounts, credit card and cash card. Please note that for security reasons, UOB will discontinue the delivery of e-Statements (in PDF format) to your designated e-mail address. You will be able to retrieve and download your e-Statements via the UOB TMRW app.

No statements anymore, What a stupid idea! 

How should we know that we should pay? Manually check the app? Really?

And after I found that information, I tried to get a statement. But how. The app has about 1000 "buttons" but nothing obvious about a statement or paying for the credit card. Annoying!

So, if you also have one of those cards, and if you want to make sure you can use the card, then I suggest better check if you have to pay and pay.

I tried to call them. After about 30min in the que I gave up. Sad. 

I have one of the Citbank Credit Card accounts too.  I keep it in Credit by paying more than I used in the previous month.  Get the points but pay no interest.

Previously I was able to transfer from my Bangkok Bank Account to the Citibank Card.  I can't seem to do this anymore. 

The UOB TMR App said I needed a Deposit Account with them.  Went to UOB Branch to open said account - I have an LTR Visa.  Not Impossible but very difficult without a Work Permit.  I just don't have the patience. 

Needs letters from my Embassy or Immigration and a letter from my Thai Bank stating how much withholding tax had been paid on interest earned.  I don't have or need Term Deposit account in Thailand, so earn bugger all interest.

Anyway to cut a long story short I went over to the Bangkok Bank and withdrew a sizeable sum, dropped it on the UOB Counter and had it credited to my two cards (the missus uses the one).  The teller staff asked repeatedly why I didn't just open a deposit account, so I pulled out the long list of requirements handed to me in my previous "chat" with the Deposit Opening Lady and said "mai pen rai".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SHA 2 BKK said:

I have one of the Citbank Credit Card accounts too.  I keep it in Credit by paying more than I used in the previous month.  Get the points but pay no interest.

Previously I was able to transfer from my Bangkok Bank Account to the Citibank Card.  I can't seem to do this anymore. 

The UOB TMR App said I needed a Deposit Account with them.  Went to UOB Branch to open said account - I have an LTR Visa.  Not Impossible but very difficult without a Work Permit.  I just don't have the patience. 

Needs letters from my Embassy or Immigration and a letter from my Thai Bank stating how much withholding tax had been paid on interest earned.  I don't have or need Term Deposit account in Thailand, so earn bugger all interest.

Anyway to cut a long story short I went over to the Bangkok Bank and withdrew a sizeable sum, dropped it on the UOB Counter and had it credited to my two cards (the missus uses the one).  The teller staff asked repeatedly why I didn't just open a deposit account, so I pulled out the long list of requirements handed to me in my previous "chat" with the Deposit Opening Lady and said "mai pen rai".

I successfully transferred the payment from my Kasikornbank account as usual. I did this by scanning the QR code on the statement from UOB in my K-Bank app. But obviously first I needed that statement, see above. 

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I successfully transferred the payment from my Kasikornbank account as usual. I did this by scanning the QR code on the statement from UOB in my K-Bank app. But obviously first I needed that statement, see above. 

Thank you.   I will have a look and see if I can find a statement.  Much appreciated. 

3 minutes ago, SHA 2 BKK said:

Thank you.   I will have a look and see if I can find a statement.  Much appreciated. 

Here is where I found the statement on my UOB app - after lots of searching.

Open app, Login, click on the account, click on "Transactions". Now there is a button on the bottom "View eStatements". I clicked that several times and always got an error message (like some technical error). Then I gave my phone to a friend, like, you try, I gave up. He played around and also found this button and after he pressed on it a couple of time finally there was a statement.

Good luck with that. It seems to be a question of luck if that works.

Sorry, I can't make a screenshot, the app doesn't allow that.

had the same issue....went to a UOB branch and they helped me to set up their APP and register my Citi CC......as I don"t need another bank account I could not set up payment for my staement.....I registered to UOB Thai Line account then 'Apply service" and "QR payment request" enter CC numer and receive QR code and able to pay via my banking APP....pain in the ass

• Like 2

On 5/23/2024 at 10:28 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

This is information for anybody with a Citibank credit card in Thailand.

Today I received an email from an online account which I pay regularly with my Citibank credit card. They told me my bank refused to pay.

I thought there should be more than enough credit available. I logged on to the app, and I saw that my payment was 2 days overdue.

How could I have missed that payment?

It's easy why. Because I didn't receive a bill from them. Until recently, when Citibank was still Citibank, I received every month a statement from them. And then I paid.

Now, that this is part of UOB, I didn't receive such a statement. And for that reason, I didn't know I should pay. And they didn't send me any email like it's time to pay or anything like that.

When the payment was refused, I checked their website and I found this:

Will customers be able to continue using the Electronic Statement Service (e-statement)?

If you had previously enrolled for e-Statements with Citi, you have automatically been enrolled for e-Statements with UOB for your converted current and savings accounts, credit card and cash card. Please note that for security reasons, UOB will discontinue the delivery of e-Statements (in PDF format) to your designated e-mail address. You will be able to retrieve and download your e-Statements via the UOB TMRW app.

No statements anymore, What a stupid idea! 

How should we know that we should pay? Manually check the app? Really?

And after I found that information, I tried to get a statement. But how. The app has about 1000 "buttons" but nothing obvious about a statement or paying for the credit card. Annoying!

So, if you also have one of those cards, and if you want to make sure you can use the card, then I suggest better check if you have to pay and pay.

I tried to call them. After about 30min in the que I gave up. Sad. 

Same here, but I got SMS stating the amount and due date. Looked into the app and didn't like it. Asking for too many unrelated permissions. Tried to call them but like you - got tired of waiting.

Tried to find then on "line" as per their suggestion on the recording but couldn't find them so far. Really upsetting.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Same here, but I got SMS stating the amount and due date. Looked into the app and didn't like it. Asking for too many unrelated permissions. Tried to call them but like you - got tired of waiting.

Tried to find then on "line" as per their suggestion on the recording but couldn't find them so far. Really upsetting.

Yeah, it's sad.

I know this is Thailand and we shouldn't expect too much. But I wonder who managed this disaster.

I think the very basic requirements for a credit card are: make sure the customer has the card, can use it, knows how much to pay and how, and they pay it. It's not rocket science - but they f$%%$ it up. Amazing! 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Toddel said:

I called them and waited for ages. Then got thru. I insisted he help me with every step to download the app and finally log in. It took ages and was complicated. Just call them and get it done. About 30 to 45min on the phone but worth it

I've been getting notifications for at least a year about the change, and thought it was pretty seamless. 

I normally paid with Kasikorn but, but when it did not work, I tried to pay at the UOB counter, but they would only take cash, so I paid the minimum. 

Went a couple weeks ago to set up an account at UOB, but I had to get a "tax withholding statement" from Kasikorn. Got the statement and went last week and got a new interest-bearing savings account. The staff spoke great English, and when I squeaked about the interest, I had to pay for the last month because of the payment debacle dude refunded it. 

The app seemed a bit odd at first, but I think I like it better than the Citi app. That said, you can't see the old Citi statements, so the statements portion does not seem to work, until you get your first UOB statement. 

They have a nice, big, full-service branch just past Emporium on the right coming Asoke. Good, free (with validation) parking and quick u-turns before and after. Also an easy (100m?) walk from Phrom Phong BTS station. 

Aren't they just the pits. I have a UOB credit card and they send me a reminder every month - a day or so after payment is due.

I have a alert on my phone now. If you forget, the interest is horrendous. And don't get me started on the annual ~Bht4300 'membership' fee.

The app is less worse than it used to be but you still can't pay PWA or PEA bills with a QR scan - you'd think that would be a prerequisite in this day and age.

7 minutes ago, 3STTW said:

Aren't they just the pits. I have a UOB credit card and they send me a reminder every month - a day or so after payment is due.

I have a alert on my phone now. If you forget, the interest is horrendous. And don't get me started on the annual ~Bht4300 'membership' fee.

The app is less worse than it used to be but you still can't pay PWA or PEA bills with a QR scan - you'd think that would be a prerequisite in this day and age.

UOB02.thumb.jpg.3a4594702aa498f796f1473043c18a72.jpg

On 5/23/2024 at 2:28 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

How should we know that we should pay?

That´s very easy. Just keep track on what you order and not payed for.

14 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

UOB02.thumb.jpg.3a4594702aa498f796f1473043c18a72.jpg

Yep, I get "Payee not recognized" or suchlike.

Talked to PWA & PEA they say it's the bank's problem. Talked to UOB and they say "solly".

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 3STTW said:

Yep, I get "Payee not recognized" or suchlike.

Talked to PWA & PEA they say it's the bank's problem. Talked to UOB and they say "solly".

Works for me, solly.

11 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

They have a nice, big, full-service branch just past Emporium on the right coming Asoke. Good, free (with validation) parking and quick u-turns before and after. Also an easy (100m?) walk from Phrom Phong BTS station. 

That's wonderful. Now imagine if someone would also pick up the phone.

30min waiting is simply unacceptable.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That's wonderful. Now imagine if someone would also pick up the phone.

30min waiting is simply unacceptable.

Did you have to wait 30 minutes on the phone?