Buying a motor cycle of the net or other

Capt Rob

Well no one to blame but yourself. I've got 10 Kilos of gold if you're interested giving 50% discount because I'm leaving Thailand.

Well there is at least one in every crowd or site - you have not thought through the reason for the posting right? But I guarantee some of the brighter readers will, never mind . . . . . . . .

Well no one to blame but yourself. I've got 10 Kilos of gold if you're interested giving 50% discount because I'm leaving Thailand.

Well there is at least one in every crowd or site - you have not thought through the reason for the posting right? But I guarantee some of the brighter readers will, never mind . . . . . . . .

Sorry for your misfortune Rob but too many people hand over cash without checking the green book first. You wouldn't buy a vehicle back home without a Police check would you?

If you want to pursue the matter the guy has committed fraud and a sharp letter from a lawyer should put him straight.

• Like 1

Just in reply to Rob's forum piece, I have also been stung by the same fella from up in Ubon Ratchathani and have paid the price. As one reply has already said basically look before you buy. Well it's happened and what Rob and myself are trying to do is get it out there about this bloke. We aren't the only ones who purchased bikes from him so is not an isolated incident. If anyone feels they want to call us stupid or what ever go for it we are only putting this out there for future buyers.  Be careful when buying a bike from this bloke in the nth east.The ads are basically cut and pasted to the next bike for sale with very little if any mechanical work done. Just a paint job and maybe a new seat if needed then post. He has already been blocked from one classified site after I contacted them with this problem so will probably pop up under a new name. Buyer beware and a lesson learnt.

• Like 1

Why would i ever buy a bike w.o seeing and checking it?

As said above we have both purchased a bike from the bloke. Upon reading the ad and talking to him numerous times by phone he seemed straight down the line. our mistake and we are probably not the only ones as later found out he has sold quite a few. Once again Rob has only started this topic to hopefully warn other people he is out there. Mistake made we will live with that. 

Okay now Capt Rob ( newbie ) and his friend Jones8189 also a newbie ( strange that ) have both had their say.

Please allow me to have mine as the seller of both bikes.

I will start with Capt Rob's bike.

The bike was purchased for 100000 baht that was a discount of 15000 baht.

When the driver arrived he inspected the bike and paperwork.

The bike was then driven to where the pickup had parked and was then driven on the pickup.

The driver was told that there was no fuel in the tank,this was for safety when transporting the bike.

When delivered to 'The Sausage King' restaurant he then drained the battery trying to start it and after several bump starts realised there was no fuel.

From what I understand the bike shop that collected the motorcycle cleaned the plugs,carbs charged the battery and at his request put a new exhaust on. 

And as he states he drove off from the shop.

With regards to the other work, if it was so bad I say again how come you in your own words 'drove off on it'.

Then came the barrage of abusive e.mails everyday. 

Under Thai Law as everyone is aware it is illegal to swear or abuse or threaten.

I finally relented and my half hearted final offer was that upon safe receipt of the bike plus all paperwork I would reimburse him in full plus I would pay for the transport.

I would also say that the only other provision was that I asked him to contact BS and tell them he had been reimbursed.

He rejected this point blank and retorted with further abuse.

With regards to his friend who he has known for a considerable period of time and had dinner with at the weekend and not a coincidental meeting.

I offered him compensation of 3000 which was agreed however again I did ask him to notify BS that he had agreed a figure.

Guess what it never happened.

I do have a large collection of bikes and anyone who was interested in buying one is always asked to come and look and have a beer before you buy.

I have now put them back in storage.

This reply will probably be met with a load of 'huff and puff' but I just thought it might be okay to put the record a little bit straight. 

My BS account is still suspended and I am still receiving abusive mail.

As you guys say there is always 2 sides to a story.

Next handbags at 20 paces !.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Ok so lets reply with a load of huff and puff. Funny how you seem to have left some of the more interesting points out. Firstly Rob and myself only met after I purchased my bike and funnily enough was already in the workshop. So probably only known him for about six weeks now but word seems to get around the expat community. Secondly you failed to mention as why the ad stipulates that you were the owner when the last owner was actually a Thai fella from Bk.Do you want me to go on? Ok Apparently according to the ad there was 2 previous owners, Funny how it states in the Green Book as having 7 previous owners, But wait there's more. Apparently the bike had only done 1400km according to the ad, well guess what it was bought down here on the back of a ute so not ridden the extra 30000km around Thailand on the way. But wait there's more. Apparently it was a 1998 model. Oh hang on did you get that wrong too as it is actually 10 years older but that's ok isn't it. I think the record is getting a bit straighter with every line. In all my communication through emails to yourself i have been polite and holding my tongue. On you talking about the reimbursement of 3000 baht. As your ad for the bike says when all funds were cleared into your bank acc then the bike will be shipped. I to said to you with your request for me to contact BS that when the 3000 Baht was cleared into my acc  then I will consider my option but funnily enough I haven't heard back from you personally. Still waiting. I would have thought that under Thai Law it also illegal to sell Property with misleading information but I could be wrong. 

Again there is going to  be some who will call us a few things and again I will take that on the chin as I have broad shoulders. Just let this be a lesson for someone else. 

Okay now Capt Rob ( newbie ) and his friend Jones8189 also a newbie ( strange that ) have both had their say.

The bike was then driven to where the pickup had parked and was then driven on the pickup.

The driver was told that there was no fuel in the tank,this was for safety when transporting the bike.

When delivered to 'The Sausage King' restaurant he then drained the battery trying to start it and after several bump starts realised there was no fuel.

From what I understand the bike shop that collected the motorcycle cleaned the plugs,carbs charged the battery and at his request put a new exhaust on. 

With regards to the other work, if it was so bad I say again how come you in your own words 'drove off on it'.

Under Thai Law as everyone is aware it is illegal to swear or abuse or threaten.

I finally relented and my half hearted final offer was that upon safe receipt of the bike plus all paperwork I would reimburse him in full plus I would pay for the transport.

I would also say that the only other provision was that I asked him to contact BS and tell them he had been reimbursed.

With regards to his friend who he has known for a considerable period of time and had dinner with at the weekend and not a coincidental meeting.

I offered him compensation of 3000 which was agreed however again I did ask him to notify BS that he had agreed a figure.

I do have a large collection of bikes and anyone who was interested in buying one is always asked to come and look and have a beer before you buy.

This reply will probably be met with a load of 'huff and puff' but I just thought it might be okay to put the record a little bit straight. 

Its simple both of you made a mistake buying a bike without seeing it. No needs to explain more; it does make you look even more stupid.

If this makes me look more stupid so be it but the more info people can look out for and not go what we went through that's our aim.

Cheers anyway

then, please pay back the money you received from buyers once you receive the bikes from them and close this problem forever.

also stop misleading adds and try to sell your bikes honestly whatever they are without misleading information.

buyers responsibility is to check bikes and pay once they are sure about bikes and paperwork which it looks like it is missed.

but, it is their right to ask a refund if conditions/information in the adds are wrong.

so, pay their monies back ASAP otherwise it is illegal. i m sure you dont ask for trouble and want to offload your bikes.

Edited by ll2

Removed 2 posts with personal details. This topic is a personal dispute & venturing into dangerous territory .It contravenes forum rules & guidelines.

Closed.