PTT GARAGE HUA HIN

Harrykrabi

Three or so days ago I drove my car into one of the PTT filling stations in Hua Hin. I asked the young man working there to put 1000 baht diesel into my trucks fuel tank. This garage always takes a debit card for payment which is why I use it. I tend not to carry a lot of cash around. After filling the car he took my card for payment then returned momentarily later saying the swipe machine was broken. I said I would go over to the ATM on site to withdraw the cash. Whilst at the ATM the garage staff member asked my GF to move the truck as another customer was waiting behind my car. She obliged. I returned from withdrawing the cash and handed over 1000 baht. Then drove away. My fuel guage takes a short while to rise and level but I soon noticed the guage was showing under half a tankfull. 1000baht usually gets me 75% full. I usually check the fuel pump reading after the fuel is delivered but cleverly the staff member had distracted me from this with the broken card payment machine. Please be careful when filling your car that you get what you pay for. If anyone wants the exact location of this place then PM me. I will also be happy to hear from anyone else who has been similarly scammed.

• 3 weeks later...

I always get out to make sure what they put into my car is even diesel, instead of petrol, always pay cash because of ATM card break ins to my account, happened before, and that they put the right amount into it, as being paid for, seems like here in Thailand, they are always trying to especially scam the farang.

At that station, there are a lot of punk kids who work there, I don't trust any of them