Yingluck's visit to Singapore 'not listed on itinerary'

webfact

AFTER COUP
Yingluck's visit to Singapore 'not listed on itinerary'

The Nation 

30240740-01_big.jpg?1407797665943
Former premier Yingluck Shinawatra shops at a supermarket near her house. It was her first public appearance after returning from a trip abroad amid people

BANGKOK: -- While former premier Yingluck Shinawatra returned to Thailand late on Sunday as per a schedule she gave to the junta, the fact that she visited Singapore without prior notice on her travel itinerary may affect the next time she seeks permission to go abroad, a junta source said yesterday.

It was not necessary for Yingluck to report to the NCPO now that she has come back. It would not take any action over the fact her travel did not match her itinerary.

In her plan submitted to the junta, she said she would visit France, United Kingdom and the United States.

But the committee that will consider whether to allow her to go overseas next time would take her record into consideration, the source said.

In her first remarks to the media since her return, Yingluck said yesterday she would not flee abroad, because she is bound to Thailand.

"I would like to thank Thai people who feel worried for me. No matter how I live or what I do, I am bound to Thailand. I won't go anywhere," she said in her first public appearance since returning from a trip to Europe and the United States.

Yingluck returned to Thailand on schedule, arriving at Don Mueang Airport from Singapore on a chartered flight. However, no one saw her at the airport.

The former PM visited a supermarket on Praditmanootham Road in Bangkok yesterday morning. She said she had just wanted to take a vacation with her son.

"For most of the past three years, I had no time for my son, so I devoted time for him and took him abroad. I was also able to spend time with my brothers and sisters," she said.

Photos of her at the supermarket circulated on social media along with a video clip taken by her personal staff. These were also sent to the media to confirm her return.

In the video, she looked fresh and kept smiling while shopping. She said she had not bought groceries in Thailand for a long time and she wanted to buy food for cooking and to make merit.

While shopping, she was amazed to see ready-to-eat rice and instant rice on a shelf at the supermarket.

"It's unbelievable we have this kind of rice that is ready to eat," without re-heating required, she said in the clip.

Yingluck was permitted to go for a holiday in Europe and the US from July 23 to August 10. She was required to seek permission because legal allegations against her were pending.

A few days before she was due to come back, it was reported that she had asked to delay her return until the end of this month. Speculation was rife that she might stay abroad rather than return to face charges of dereliction of duty in regard to her government's controversial rice-pledging scheme.

On August 5, the National Anti-Corruption Commission filed a case against Yingluck to the Office of the Attorney-General, which has set up a working group to conclude within 30 days whether it should be forwarded to the Supreme Court.

During her trip to Paris, she attended a birthday party for her brother Thaksin.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Yinglucks-visit-to-Singapore-not-listed-on-itinera-30240740.html

[thenation]2014-08-12[/thenation]

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

""It's unbelievable we have this kind of rice that is ready to eat," without re-heating required, she said in the clip."

Must be the start of a media-offensive in defense of her part in the rice pledging scheme. She's a smart smart lass.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

She shows amazing resilience and fortitude and deserves less harassment as Thailand's first female PM (now ex). Frankly all this bullying makes me puke.

+1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So that's two traps she's firmly set foot in . . . going somewhere that wasn't agreed to and not knowing the basics about rice.

A serious "PM" or "leader" really needs to be a bit more aware of what they are doing and the world around them.

From what I read in other newspapers she informed the junta she would go to Singapore.  A serious member of TV really needs to be a bit more aware of what they are saying here.   But that seem usually here open mouth insert foot.

It's OK Mango Bob, no one here takes you seriously so when you open your mouth and insert your foot, we just laugh quietly at you from behind the screen.

One of the "conditions" to her leaving Thailand was "Yingluck must inform the Thai authorities of her whereabouts through overseas embassies while travelling." and "In her plan submitted to the junta, she said she would visit France, United Kingdom and the United States."

She was given permission to visit France (specifically Paris) to visit her brother for his birthday celebrations . . . Singapore was not mentioned on the itinerary nor was it agreed to.

• Like 1

Really, who cares?  Are we going to have to put up with every little thing that another has been Shinawatra does in the news every day.  Hope we don't have a real slow news day and get reports of her wiping her ass.

Edited by steveyinasia

So that's two traps she's firmly set foot in . . . going somewhere that wasn't agreed to and not knowing the basics about rice.

A serious "PM" or "leader" really needs to be a bit more aware of what they are doing and the world around them.

From what I read in other newspapers she informed the junta she would go to Singapore.  A serious member of TV really needs to be a bit more aware of what they are saying here.   But that seem usually here open mouth insert foot.

I have checked what you say and you are correct. Tthe OP is nothing less than anti Shinawatra propaganda ahead of the legal proceedings against her. No doubt this sort of so called journalism is something this news forum does not wish to be associated with.

Any info re--Quote "other newspapers" Bob??, as I would be interested if it was fact. as it puts a new view on the --yes propaganda--or no propaganda.

She shows amazing resilience and fortitude and deserves less harassment as Thailand's first female PM (now ex). Frankly all this bullying makes me puke.

She deserves everything she gets and "we" deserve some answers as to where all the wasted monies have gone to . . .

Other than the 0.018% of missing rice largely stolen by the granery operators-owners as per the NCPO completed audits, your so-called "wasted monies" was authorized by the Junta for payment after the Yingluck regime failed to get government loans to pay rice farmers for pledged rice stockpiles because of Constitutional restrictions; restrictions the Junta suspended.

NACC has never charged Yingluck with any kind of graft or monetary theft related to the rice pledge program other than maybe a single minister. What the Yingluck regime suffered was a loss of revenue because of the large disparity between the price the government obligated itself to pay the rice farmers and the market prices it was actually getting in sales. Because of the loss of revenues, sales alone could not make the price pledged to the farmers. If you don't make money you can't waste it. But if you borrow money to knowingly take a loss, you have wasted those funds. So if there is blame to be laid, responsibility must be assigned to the Junta.

• Like 1

Thanks to Pinthongta Shinawatra for posting the pictures of her aunt Yingluck in Singapore to provide the proof of Yingluck's deceit.

laugh.png
well done biggrin.png

No deceit at all, it is reported in the Bangkok Post that she had kept the NCPO advised of her change in itinary.