Getting Dsl In Pattaya With A Tot Line

Thaiquila

Can someone enlighten me on the general expected steps required and hassle level to get DSL hooked up in Pattaya with a TOT line.

For example,

do they require to see an O visa to sign you up, or will they take anybody?

do they sell or offer a recommended router on sign up, or is it strictly up to you? Modem?

is ther a requirement for a human to actually visit and do something physical, or do they just switch it on?

what is the software, setup situation like, and what are some typical issues?

how many days from requesting the service to actually having it work should be expected?

is there English language phone support when there is a problem?

Thanks!

(OK, maybe this belongs in the Pattaya forum, maybe not.)

Edited by Thaiquila

Can someone enlighten me on the general expected steps required and hassle level to get DSL hooked up in Pattaya with a TOT line.

For example,

do they sell or offer a recommended router on sign up, or is it strictly up to you? Modem?

is ther a requirement for a human to actually visit and do something physical, or do they just switch it on?

how many days from requesting the service to actually having it work should be expected?

Thanks!

You don't need an O visa, tourist should be fine, they sell a router (crap), but you can also have one of yours installed. Need to go down at the TOT office in Pattaya Klang Rd., anyway, I would advise you or your friend who requested these info, to get ready for getting pissed, last time I tried it was a disaster. Not sure about those numbers and everything, nobody understands anything out of their service and availability. I got lucky with a farang neighbour and I've just connected to his modem through a cable and finished all the hassle with TOT. Others, don't get so lucky. Good luck!!!

For example,

Thanks!

My last experience is you need a "O" (work permit or something like that). The reason is for a new line (so by TOT in Rayong) the first phone bill need time of or about three months.

...and your GF or owner can to for you, but you know yourself.

Well, I have a TOT phone line already.

If TOT is so bad, is there a better service to go with that can use a TOT line? I am sure TOT is probably the cheapest, but ...

I also had a TOT line, the problem is IF your line is DSL ready or not, because if the number it's not compatible with DSL, then you're in big trouble. You should begin with this one:

http://www.totweb.net/eng/adsl/ see what they say and then get ready for a real adventure

Edited by alexth

When you walk in the TOT office in Pattaya Klang don't bother waking up the two or three girls at the "information" desk. Walk past them into the room on your left, this is where the ADLS people are located. Ask for the manager. Forgot her name, but she speaks and understands English reasonably well and can help you through the application process.

They will try to sell you their hardware, check the specs and decide yourself. I bought my router at Tukcom...