Pack of stray dogs attack Thai-German Boy on Pattaya Beach

webfact

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stray dogs are noisy, dirty and dangerous disease carriers. They are an absolute menace everywhere and should be put down humanely.

If those people who like them want to adopt them and keep them in their homes, that's fine also (though I pity their neighbours).

Agree 100% but there is a large falang as well as Thai community who think it's a better idea to feed these pests and to make the situation even worse. Thais are opposed to killing anything due to their religious beliefs although they don't mind others doing the killing for them, i'd gladly go round killing off the dogs in our area. High time for a 'crack down' on the soi dog menace.

When it comes to dogs the lame excuse is it's not the dogs it's the owners, well what's the excuse where there are no owners?

Edited by jacky54
  • Like 1

The boy looks fine she looks like the injured party.

No wonder Thai police are too busy. with people coming in reporting non-drama like this, let alone the local news station.

Where was she while this was happening, sat on a bench somewhere?whistling.gif

If that bite to his shoulder had been a bite to his throat or neck, as it so easily could have been, would your callous opinion have been the same? What an idiot.

Edited by Zeegator
  • Like 1

Where is the evidence on the boy of a dog attack?

I wouldn't make too much of this....Much bigger problems in Pattaya than soi dogs...

CB

In the photographs in the link, open your eyes.

"Much bigger problems in Pattaya than soi dogs..."

Not if you've ever been bitten by one.

And this is not a problem with a soi dog, it's an incident in which a child was attacked on a beach by a pack of them, I can only hope the same happens to you.

Edited by Zeegator

Was trying to get some exercise...walking briskly along Jomtien beach sidewalks...when one dog kept following me to closely...menacing look...growling and barking...I turned around and scolded him to shoo him away...and in a matter of seconds...half a dozen dogs showed up in his defense...I made a hasty retreat to the other side of the road...and luckily they did not follow...I always try to keep a health distance from those beach soi dogs...they are known for their propensity to attack innocent beach goers...

most farang make the mistake of talking to the dogs in English or their native language

these dogs only understand Thai

so in dog talk you could have been saying to the dogs

come on dude get your boys and lets settle this once and for all

Dogs do not understand any human language, regardless of which country you come from.

A couple of those dogs have collars. I'd bet there's an owner nearby. They should be fined for this. Too bad city hall can't deal with this. Another loss of face!

I reckon those dogs have nothing to do with it. The journo just rushed off to tne nearest beach to get a tele pic of any dogs so as the editor doesn't have to pay for use of a stock photo. Not that stray dogs are NOT a problem in Thailand. My wife's sister lives only a few 100 m from us and her 5 mutts pillage the neighbourhood. They are learning some fear of me & my new slingshot. If firearms were easier to own they might be dead already. 12ga & buckshot, yeah!! Too many Thais "love" their dogs and children so much that would never think of controlling or disciplining either. She visits us on her motorbike. They hear it turn into our drive and come across country immediately. She tells them to "Glep Bahn!!!" & she complains that they ignore her. She is not the boss, they are. They do what they like without any fear of consequences. (Except my slingshot.)

Edited by The Deerhunter

For those of you who think this case should be taken lightly.

I was bitten as a 9 year old when I was cycling on my way home from school. A large black dog

sunk a canine tooth up to the hilt in my left calf muscle. It was a very apinful and frightening experience.

I was taken to the doctor and got a tetanus shot.

Luckily Rabies is not endemic in Australia.

Some facts about Rabies:
Globally most cases are the result of a dog bite, with this being the cause in more than 90% of cases in countries where dogs commonly have rabies.
Rabies causes about 26,000 to 55,000 deaths worldwide per year, more than 95% of which occur in Asia and Africa.
Death almost invariably results 2 to 10 days after first symptoms. Survival is rare once symptoms have presented, even with the administration of proper and intensive care.
My case rests !

No wonder Thai police are too busy. with people coming in reporting non-drama like this, let alone the local news station.

And why not? She was on holiday.And why not report to the Local Police? Who else do you go to to get the dogs removed. What would you do if a member of your family was bitten? Rabies is not uncommon here and I bet he received anti rabies shots at the hospital.Each sentence of your posting is showing ignorance. She is looking aggrieved because her son has been bitten. Most mothers feel for their kids.Use your loaf before making ridiculous posts.

• Like 2

Facts:
28 million dogs all over Thailand of which
10 million stray dogs all over Thailand of which
2 million dogs rabies infected

it's time to invoke plan Z and get rid of this plague. Collect them and sell them to the Vietnamese or Laotian; this whole discussion about the poor little doggies is accepted only if the same people are vegetarians.
Thais do not eat dogs, turkeys and rabbits - in other countries they feature prominently on the menu. On the other hand Thais feast on chicken feet, duck beacons and crickets. Different countries, different cuisines.

I - for one - stay rather vegetarian but the dogs are a major nuisance in this country!

• Like 2

I have witnessed a Thai lady leaving food for these particular dogs actually on the road at the Beach Road north end bend. These dogs and the latest litter can be seen often on the road now at that bend.

Idiotic, but on the other hand....

Maybe she's setting them up?

Was trying to get some exercise...walking briskly along Jomtien beach sidewalks...when one dog kept following me to closely...menacing look...growling and barking...I turned around and scolded him to shoo him away...and in a matter of seconds...half a dozen dogs showed up in his defense...I made a hasty retreat to the other side of the road...and luckily they did not follow...I always try to keep a health distance from those beach soi dogs...they are known for their propensity to attack innocent beach goers...

most farang make the mistake of talking to the dogs in English or their native language

Dogs do not understand any human language, regardless of which country you come from.

Carry a walking stick, piece of bamboo or one of those extendable carbon fibre hiking sticks. (I have one.) They speak all common dog languages, very clearly!

Carry a walking stick, piece of bamboo or one of those extendable carbon fibre hiking sticks. (I have one.) They speak all common dog languages, very clearly!

A taser is effective too:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-28736634

Agree 100% but there is a large falang as well as Thai community who think it's a better idea to feed these pests and to make the situation even worse. Thais are opposed to killing anything due to their religious beliefs .....

I see nothing in Buddhism that forbids these dogs from being neutered, even if it does forbid euthanasia. And yes, Thais certainly aren't the only ones who leave food out for these dogs.

A couple of those dogs have collars. I'd bet there's an owner nearby. They should be fined for this. Too bad city hall can't deal with this. Another loss of face!

I noticed that too, so find the owner and fine him heavily.What is need to reduce the population is castration for the male dogs,easy to do and free at a government vet on 3rd road.

Castration will make the dogs less vicious too, if that is indeed the case.

To anyone who has made light of this incident I suggest they talk to a relative of someone who has died from being bitten by a rabid animal. My g/f's father was bitten by a dog and didn't think it serious enough to seek medical treatment. He was dead within a month and I'm told his state of mind/health was such that it is difficult to find appropriate words to describe his suffering.

As Thais are avid and diligent Buddhists, they would not want to interfere with these animals, just in case they are a deceased relative.

I think we must be sensitive to the teachings of the Buddha here.

Cultural sensitivity is so important.

Now I know why some of the dogs on the beach look so like the dogs in the bars.

• Like 2

As Thais are avid and diligent Buddhists, they would not want to interfere with these animals, just in case they are a deceased relative.

Now I know why some of the dogs on the beach look so like the dogs in the bars.

Something like this?

post-20996-0-75960700-1408001397_thumb.j

Why do deceased persons come back only as dogs? Thais have no problem killing chickens or pigs or rats or mosquitoes. Who determines the form of the afterlife?

Dogs understand body language not thai or english,they are just sounds

Everyone concerned should go to the Mayor's facebook pg , send photo's and make a complaint directly to him, thats Mayor Kunplome, we used to do it about the jet ski scam , and he did respond, but i think they just ignored him, but worth a try .

Cultural sensitivity ? Do you know what you are talking about ?

In our neighborhood there were about ten stray dogs. Not barking, not dangerous, very shy. One day there was no more dog around.

Guess what happened to them ? Poisened by a Thai who was even proud to tell.

My former Thai landlord poisoned one of my cats. He told me to remove the other cat otherwise she'd also get poisoned.

Cultural sensitivity ! Careless they are selfish and lazy. They care about YOUR cultural sensitivity ?

If ANYBODY, Poisoned my cat, i would make it my duty to inflict much damage on that person, even if i had to wait months.

you would not say shit like this if it was your son ,dogs can kill and do kill