Pack of stray dogs attack Thai-German Boy on Pattaya Beach

webfact

The boy looks fine she looks like the injured party.

No wonder Thai police are too busy. with people coming in reporting non-drama like this, let alone the local news station.

Where was she while this was happening, sat on a bench somewhere?whistling.gif

you would not say shit like this if it was your son ,dogs can kill and do kill

They are big dogs too, big dogs equals big bites, simple.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City official/Police officers child bitten by dog on Pattaya Beach is not going to make it into the papers as the dogs aren't going to make it to sundown.

Too busy to deal with a problem ?, not if it effects them !

"Thai-German boy", is it less important or more if its a Thai or German ?

Edited by Likener1

i want to respond to this,as i live their and help with that pack(which is the only pack on pattaya beach) after the great culling in 2005 when they killed all the dogs even the ones we had given collars,i am afraid this will happen again... in know for a fact ,a litter of pups is in the bushes in that area,which i see all the people looking at,and mabey the child had desturbed the litter,i dont know the facts i can only comment on the pack,of about 7 dogs mabey 2 are agressive , i know all the dogs in pattaya nrth,they are a good bunch,well fed and loved...im sure we will see an over reaction....as they launch yet another cull early in the morning and dart the dogs and take them away....(moderator deleted one comment likely to lead to friction on the forum)

i want to respond to this,as i live their and help with that pack(which is the only pack on pattaya beach) after the great culling in 2005 when they killed all the dogs even the ones we had given collars,i am afraid this will happen again... in know for a fact ,a litter of pups is in the bushes in that area,which i see all the people looking at,and mabey the child had desturbed the litter,i dont know the facts i can only comment on the pack,of about 7 dogs mabey 2 are agressive , i know all the dogs in pattaya nrth,they are a good bunch,well fed and loved...im sure we will see an over reaction....as they launch yet another cull early in the morning and dart the dogs and take them away....(moderator deleted one comment likely to lead to friction on the forum)

cheesy.gif Yeah I hear they got a great reputation too cheesy.gif

You are talking about canines here right?

• Like 1

Yes, I've been chased by packs of dogs while on my bicycle and harrassed in Central Pattaya. They are everwhere and very territorial. The trick is to bend down and pretend to pick a stone up off the ground . They know whats coming !

Excellent point. I was chased by a dog, briefly, a few years ago. Just behind me was a Thai lady vendor. She bent down and picked up a rock and tossed it at the dog. It took off. So, I started walking around with a medium rock in my pocket during my walks. Never needed it until about 6 months ago. A dog chased a guy into the ocean on one of my walks. I was coming up to the same spot and it ran at me. I held up the rock like I was going to throw it. It took off.

The dog belonged to an illegal beach vendor near the Ambassador hotel. It's a mean dog and still there. But doesn't bother me any more.

Then take them home with you, take them out only on leashes for exercise, and everybody will be happy.

• Like 1

a good bunch but 2 are aggresive? I dont mind the dogs but the aggresive ones have to be removed from public areas, thats all there is to it. theres a long haired one up there that should have been removed long ago, it spends all its time harrasing people. there a street person that hangs out with them but he cant control them

I worries more about the house dogs that have been trained to attack unknown people.

Many times here the owners forget to close the gates and they run around free.

And if you hit the dogs when they chase you, the owners get very angry blink.png

2 weeks ago a Thai boy was bidden here. The owners of the dogs did not care at all.

wai.gif

If a dog comes at me, I kick it or throw a rock at it. I don't give a damn what the 'owner' thinks. I have

also been given verbal support from other locals.

If you can't, or are too lazy to train a dog properly, you shouldn't own one.

• Like 1

A couple of those dogs have collars. I'd bet there's an owner nearby. They should be fined for this. Too bad city hall can't deal with this. Another loss of face!

I noticed that too, so find the owner and fine him heavily.What is need to reduce the population is castration for the male dogs,easy to do and free at a government vet on 3rd road.

Castration will make the dogs less vicious too, if that is indeed the case.

Many idiot 'do gooders' put collars on soi dogs to stop them being taken away, they are still strays with no owners.

"a good bunch but 2 are aggresive? I dont mind the dogs but the aggresive ones have to be removed from public areas, thats all there is to it. theres a long haired one up there that should have been removed long ago, it spends all its time harrasing people. there a street person that hangs out with them but he cant control them"

This sounds just great. Think I'll take the family on holiday to this beach.

Round up the muts and dispose of the lot, but hey in Thailand ...no chance

Exactly. They need a nationwide cull. If they are owned by anyone, they must have a collar with a disc stating where they live. If not, in the cull.

jb1

• Like 1

A couple of those dogs have collars. I'd bet there's an owner nearby. They should be fined for this. Too bad city hall can't deal with this. Another loss of face!

I noticed that too, so find the owner and fine him heavily.What is need to reduce the population is castration for the male dogs,easy to do and free at a government vet on 3rd road.

no ''one person''owns the dogs,they are fed by many,and loved by many....the collars are bought by people who care for them...they are not wild,they are beach dogs... ''ill bet there's an owner near by''...go get yer guns boys,we be a shootin us some dog....ya billy bob.'' then we shootin us some owners'' sounds like a scit off '' hee haww...

no ''one person''owns the dogs,they are fed by many,and loved by many....the collars are bought by people who care for them...they are not wild,they are beach dogs... ''ill bet there's an owner near by''...go get yer guns boys,we be a shootin us some dog....ya billy bob.'' then we shootin us some owners'' sounds like a scit off '' hee haww...

And you consider that responsible? Feeding the pack, leaving them on the beach - knowing that at least 2 of them tend aggressive, and that they have attacked a child?

Then come here and mock the people who suggest possible solutions?

• Like 2

Stray dogs are noisy, dirty and dangerous disease carriers. They are an absolute menace everywhere and should be put down humanely.

If those people who like them want to adopt them and keep them in their homes, that's fine also (though I pity their neighbours).

I recall a few years ago enjoying a lunch on the beach in Pattaya, when one of the soi dogs started making a lot of noise. The dog was announcing the arrival of a cobra (the snake not the military exercise). People were too busy running to stop and give the dog an "attaboy award". So, not all soi dogs do all bad. Some may deserve a bus ticket To Sakhon Nakhon but, not all. oc

Thais are obviously very hesitant to put a dog down so the only solution then is sterilization and it works.In Phuket there where hoards of dogs on the beach years ago and the Soi Dog Foundation among others started a sterilization project that dramatically reduced the numbers.

Thais obviously has a great fascination for dogs,since every family "owns" at least one,but what I don`t understand is that loads of farangs also seems to be caught up in the fascination of getting a dog as soon as they move here....which then in many cases are left in the neighbourhood as a nuisance once the owner goes home or can`t cope with it.

Edited by Yahooka

Now where's that pompous ass Tony and his soi dog shelter when he's needed

He's busy working on his PR campaign.

No matter how you look at it, stray dogs are a problem, not just in Pattaya.

1/ Most of them are friendly but they move in packs, as per their instinct, and as a pack they can become dangerously aggressive, if triggered by the wrong behaviour. OK you can blame adults for such behaviour, but children are likely to do silly things too, simply because they don't know better.

2/ Many times as I was riding my motorbike, a dog started barking at me and running after my bike. It's a very dangerous and unpleasant experience. Obviously the dog does it because it was injured by a motorbike before, but that's not really my problem, right ? Even when they don't 'attack' vehicles, they cause innumerable accidents when they cross the road suddenly.

3/ A lot of them are obviously infested with all kinds of diseases and flees. When I read signs that say 'free rabies zone', in my mind it translates as 'wishful thinking zone'.

Dog lovers don't like the idea of euthanizing dogs and I understand their point. But (and notwithstanding how much trouble they can cause to humans) when you see what a rotten dog's life these dogs have, is letting them live and multiply really a sign of love ?

Edited by Yann55

All of these stray dags that number in the thousands, and are located all around the town should be put down.

Somebody will end up with Rabies or some other awful disease from these creatures, and City Hall will not be too busy then to react to the reported incident/s, which will result in an imminent downturn in tourism.

• Like 2

Was trying to get some exercise...walking briskly along Jomtien beach sidewalks...when one dog kept following me to closely...menacing look...growling and barking...I turned around and scolded him to shoo him away...and in a matter of seconds...half a dozen dogs showed up in his defense...I made a hasty retreat to the other side of the road...and luckily they did not follow...I always try to keep a health distance from those beach soi dogs...they are known for their propensity to attack innocent beach goers...

Same "rule of thumb" should apply when dealing with Thai (toddler) guys. Wisdom dictates that you ignore them,......for your own sake. Thai society is one gigantic (macho) "Kindergarten". Capiche? whistling.gif

Edited by NativeSon360

All of these stray dags that number in the thousands, and are located all around the town should be put down.

Somebody will end up with Rabies or some other awful disease from these creatures, and City Hall will not be too busy then to react to the reported incident/s, which will result in an imminent downturn in tourism.

Don't hold you breath waiting for that sense of accountable responsibility to occur. It would take another 2557 years to happen, and then only "maybe"! Capiche? whistling.gif

Thais are obviously very hesitant to put a dog down so the only solution then is sterilization and it works.In Phuket there where hoards of dogs on the beach years ago and the Soi Dog Foundation among others started a sterilization project that dramatically reduced the numbers.

Thais obviously has a great fascination for dogs,since every family "owns" at least one,but what I don`t understand is that loads of farangs also seems to be caught up in the fascination of getting a dog as soon as they move here....which then in many cases are left in the neighbourhood as a nuisance once the owner goes home or can`t cope with it.

Thais may be hesitant about putting dogs down, but are quite hasty about putting down another human being, and for the slightest infraction. Go reside in a 95% (Indigenous) Thai community. Observe the "Theravada" notion of Buddhism,.....; the reality! whistling.gif

Edited by NativeSon360

And you consider that responsible? Feeding the pack, leaving them on the beach - knowing that at least 2 of them tend aggressive, and that they have attacked a child?

Then come here and mock the people who suggest possible solutions?

Its called idiots compassion. And furthermore "if" two are aggressive the others will follow with pack mentality.

This is interesting:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/751848-officers-round-up-stray-dogs-on-pattaya-beach/#entry8245910

PATTAYA:--PATTAYA – August 13, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; – at 12.00 pm Pattaya public health officers were notified from beach operators that 6 stray dogs had bit children and tourists. Therefore the officers brought tranquilizer guns and cages to rush to the scene.

At the scene they found these 6 stray dogs and one of them had bitten an 8 year old Thai-German kid at 11.00 am and she had already been sent to hospital.

The beach operators revealed that the dogs had roamed around the beach and they had bitten tourists many times.
Full story:http://www.pattayada...-pattaya-beach/

Feeding the pests only makes things worse, the only solution now in Thailand is mass culling of these dogs, which must number in the hundreds of thousands. I can't even go for a walk around my house without being surrounded by a pack of aggressive soi dogs.