Pack of stray dogs attack Thai-German Boy on Pattaya Beach

webfact

i want to respond to this,as i live their and help with that pack(which is the only pack on pattaya beach) after the great culling in 2005 when they killed all the dogs even the ones we had given collars,i am afraid this will happen again... in know for a fact ,a litter of pups is in the bushes in that area,which i see all the people looking at,and mabey the child had desturbed the litter,i dont know the facts i can only comment on the pack,of about 7 dogs mabey 2 are agressive , i know all the dogs in pattaya nrth,they are a good bunch,well fed and loved...im sure we will see an over reaction....as they launch yet another cull early in the morning and dart the dogs and take them away....(moderator deleted one comment likely to lead to friction on the forum)

You help with that pack! How? You give them collars to make it appear as if they are owned and trained. You feed them? You know 2 are aggressive but have done nothing about them! You are partly responsible for the attack.

How do you feel now?

• Like 1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Thais are avid and diligent Buddhists, they would not want to interfere with these animals, just in case they are a deceased relative.

I think we must be sensitive to the teachings of the Buddha here.

Cultural sensitivity is so important.

But if that relative while alive was seen defecating or urinating in public something would be done. If that relative attacked, injured, maimed possibly killed somebody something would be done. If that relative carried a disease that made them a danger to the general public something would be done.

Why should a dog get away with it?

Could somebody tell me what purpose or benefit to society these defecating, urinating, disease carrying, biting, attacking, killing, stray dogs have.

They make idiots feel they are doing a bit of good by feeding them, and thus making the situation worse?

• Like 2

"Could somebody tell me what purpose or benefit to society these defecating, urinating, disease carrying, biting, attacking, killing, stray dogs have."

We are a benefit because we can bark and bark at the slightest noise inaudible to human ears and we can smell snakes approaching!

Our owners want us around to alert them of danger ! Believe me, we take our jobs very seriously !

We were all bred to be "watch dogs" but frankly we found a watch dog's life was rather boring, just sitting around biting ticks and scratching fleas all day.

Our owners kicked us once too often and didn't give us enough food. We were all sick of eating stale boiled rice and meatless bones.

So we chose the life of freedom, the open road with plenty of company and lots of free sex.!

If we could avoid the dog-meat traffickers, the council men with their dart guns and the poison baits, it is a short but carefree life !

Fighting for dominance in the pack and dealing with cruel humans has made us ferocious.

You have to be tough to survive in this dog-eat-dog world and beware any human who looks like he wants to take our freedom away.

Grrrrr ! Growl... Snap !

Could somebody tell me what purpose or benefit to society these defecating, urinating, disease carrying, biting, attacking, killing, stray dogs have.

They make idiots feel they are doing a bit of good by feeding them, and thus making the situation worse?

Agree. Saw one such idiot just today between 4pm and 5pm on Soi Khopai 10, Pattaya while I was walking with my leashed Labrador. First he fed a dog outside ThaiFun apartment. Then he went round to the Futsal park and placed food and water out. I saw 3 strays there. When I shouted at him "Now you've fed the dogs, please go back and pick up the poop" he ignored me and drove away on his M/C.

Edited by Keesters

"Could somebody tell me what purpose or benefit to society these defecating, urinating, disease carrying, biting, attacking, killing, stray dogs have."

We are a benefit because we can bark and bark at the slightest noise inaudible to human ears and we can smell snakes approaching!

Our owners want us around to alert them of danger ! Believe me, we take our jobs very seriously !

We were all bred to be "watch dogs" but frankly we found a watch dog's life was rather boring, just sitting around biting ticks and scratching fleas all day.

Our owners kicked us once too often and didn't give us enough food. We were all sick of eating stale boiled rice and meatless bones.

So we chose the life of freedom, the open road with plenty of company and lots of free sex.!

If we could avoid the dog-meat traffickers, the council men with their dart guns and the poison baits, it is a short but carefree life !

Fighting for dominance in the pack and dealing with cruel humans has made us ferocious.

You have to be tough to survive in this dog-eat-dog world and beware any human who looks like he wants to take our freedom away.

Grrrrr ! Growl... Snap !

Next time please use the QUOTE function properly.

You have NOT shown any benefit to society that the STRAY dogs may give. The only benefit you have shown was when they were owned which was NOT my question.

Agree. Saw one such idiot just today between 4pm and 5pm on Soi Khopai 10, Pattaya while I was walking with my leashed Labrador. First he fed a dog outside ThaiFun apartment. Then he went round to the Futsal park and placed food and water out. I saw 3 strays there. When I shouted at him "Now you've fed the dogs, please go back and pick up the poop" he ignored me and drove away on his M/C.

Why are there so many dogs on the road causing accidents?

The roadside feeding brings the dogs to the...wait for it.... the ROAD.

• Like 1

they have definitely gotten worse the last few years, theres lots of places I cant walk at night now, or even in the day, that i could a few years ago

Yes you're right. It's the idiots that feed these strays that increase the population of strays. More food = more breeding = more strays. They think they are doing a service to the dogs but really they are doing a BIG disservice to their fellow man.

• Like 1

I was only trying to show that it's not the dog's fault that they have ended up like this.

Just be thankful you were born a human and not a dog!

Then it has nothing at all to do with the question I asked and it should not have been quoted.

i want to respond to this,as i live their and help with that pack(which is the only pack on pattaya beach) after the great culling in 2005 when they killed all the dogs even the ones we had given collars,i am afraid this will happen again... in know for a fact ,a litter of pups is in the bushes in that area,which i see all the people looking at,and mabey the child had desturbed the litter,i dont know the facts i can only comment on the pack,of about 7 dogs mabey 2 are agressive , i know all the dogs in pattaya nrth,they are a good bunch,well fed and loved...im sure we will see an over reaction....as they launch yet another cull early in the morning and dart the dogs and take them away....(moderator deleted one comment likely to lead to friction on the forum)

a good bunch but 2 are aggresive? I dont mind the dogs but the aggresive ones have to be removed from public areas, thats all there is to it. theres a long haired one up there that should have been removed long ago, it spends all its time harrasing people. there a street person that hangs out with them but he cant control them

yes i know him, his name is ''lucky''......kiddin

You help with that pack! How? You give them collars to make it appear as if they are owned and trained. You feed them? You know 2 are aggressive but have done nothing about them! You are partly responsible for the attack.

How do you feel now?

i sleep fine..i just dont drink coffee after 6pm...

How do you feel now?

You have to be heartless. Sleeping OK while a bunch of dogs you help attacked an 8-year-old.

How do you feel now?

You have to be heartless. Sleeping OK while a bunch of dogs you help ati

why dont you join us and help clean up the beach,we collect garbage and remove broken glass,also try and see the dogs are healthy and tick free.at least we try...yes comeon down and help pick some flees of ''spot''...sounds like you need to get out more...cheers

Edited by mok199

How do you feel now?

You have to be heartless. Sleeping OK while a bunch of dogs you help ati

why dont you join us and help clean up the beach,we collect garbage and remove broken glass,also try and see the dogs are healthy and tick free.at least we try...yes comeon down and help pick some flees of ''spot''...sounds like you need to get out more...cheers

I clean up beaches, collect garbage, remove broken glass, just not North. Pattaya beach. What I don't do is have anything to do with, feed, pick fleas off, stray dogs that go around attacking 8-year-old boys.

I get out more than enough thank you. Shame you don't care about your fellow human beings that get attacked by dogs you look after.