Police in Phuket's fun town to enforce 2am bar closing

webfact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as i know, all the bars is remain open to 03:30 every morning,

no changes and no action being taken ……..no changes here. whistling.gifwhistling.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

you are wrong. i just come from the military hq here in phuket town where i got told, closing hour is for all bars, karaoke and so on still 2 am without any exception. i made my report there and now they will come and check all this places. and all the other one too in the bangla road. this will be just a great job to clean up this places even i don´t like the junta.

Edited by bernd1616

bernd1616, whatever it is…..

only changes i see during my 3 weeks short stay in Patong was

no more table and chairs outside along blangla walk way. all is within it's premise

no more beach shade and chair for rent on the beach.

ladies and ladies boys still standing along walking street offering themselves

bar and disco still operate until 03:30 am in the morning and some later

tourist police / police still patrolling the street of bangla with a big smile

Tuk Tuk is back on their so called taxi premise

some motor bike are allow through the walking street

all fading away…………...

Ok, that went about as well as I expected. I'll leave out all the rest. You are a snitch

funny. then tell me for what we need any laws when everybody should make what they want. if somebody rob you and i see it, i should therefore close mi eyes? ok, in this case i will do it that you learn a lesson :-D

I'm not easily robbed, I used to put people in jail for robbery. Some laws shouldn't have been made, in particular those that try to enforce somebody's 'moral' code on others. My opinion of snitches comes from years as a law enforcement officer. You certainly fit the bill of one type. Mind your own business and let others get on with their lives, they aren't hurting you.

• Like 1

I'm not easily robbed, I used to put people in jail for robbery. Some laws shouldn't have been made, in particular those that try to enforce somebody's 'moral' code on others. My opinion of snitches comes from years as a law enforcement officer. You certainly fit the bill of one type. Mind your own business and let others get on with their lives, they aren't hurting you.

"Mind your own business and let others get on with their lives, they aren't hurting you." - I doubt you would have that attitude if your neighbours had wild parties, until the early hours of the morning, every night, with the stereo turned up.

Or, you could hear your neighbour assulting his missus, regularly, with yelling and screaming, and trashing the place.

You would be on the phone to police, "snitching" - and why wouldn't you / shouldn't you?

I've intervened in a neighbor abusing his wife/gf. Hey, I like wild parties, and frankly I've never in my many years lived where a neighbor had "wild" parties night after night. I'd just go ask to tone down or join in. I suggest you go back to your church, fall on your knees and pray for the "rapture", the sooner the earth is rid of so-called do-gooders the better, then we can get on with making life tolerable for all. I would never snitch, have never snitched. I went to jail for refusing to testify before a federal grand jury and Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas set my co-defendants and I free. There is a world of difference between a snitch and a citizen reporting a real crime, ah duh, late night clubs are not a crime. Some laws just never should be, i.e. so-called crimes to enforce somebody's so-called 'moral' code. Oh, you think you want to respond to a domestic, try it and see how high your pucker factor gets, I've been there, done that and never got a t-shirt. I worked in law enforcement for many years, I have no use for snitches, none, zip, zero, nada, comprende' ese?

I've intervened in a neighbor abusing his wife/gf. Hey, I like wild parties, and frankly I've never in my many years lived where a neighbor had "wild" parties night after night. I'd just go ask to tone down or join in. I suggest you go back to your church, fall on your knees and pray for the "rapture", the sooner the earth is rid of so-called do-gooders the better, then we can get on with making life tolerable for all. I would never snitch, have never snitched. I went to jail for refusing to testify before a federal grand jury and Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas set my co-defendants and I free. There is a world of difference between a snitch and a citizen reporting a real crime, ah duh, late night clubs are not a crime. Some laws just never should be, i.e. so-called crimes to enforce somebody's so-called 'moral' code. Oh, you think you want to respond to a domestic, try it and see how high your pucker factor gets, I've been there, done that and never got a t-shirt. I worked in law enforcement for many years, I have no use for snitches, none, zip, zero, nada, comprende' ese?

And I suppose Rodney King was resisting arrest. biggrin.png

Sounds like you were never involved in "turning" someone into an informant. So, you couldn't have done too much "law enforcment."

You were probably gaoled for contempt for refusing to give evidence that would give a police collegue, after his wrong doing.

"I have no use for snitches, none, zip, zero, nada, comprende' ese?" - really?

So, are you are saying they can not be a valuable source of intel? That's a little strange coming from an American, which have been cultivating "snitches" all around the world, for decades, and especially more so now with the war on terror, <removed>

Edited by LivinginKata
inflammatory remark removed

It wasn't a "rant". It was a reply to a personal attack and the situation in Phuket with snitches and those that would defend them or denigrate me . That attack is still on the board while my reply and explanation is gone. I'll try again without explanation. People in Phuket and else where should mind their own business and let other people live their lives as long as it does not harm them. Surely a late night club doesn't harm them as they obviously have no desire to attend such a place, only church.

It wasn't a "rant". It was a reply to a personal attack and the situation in Phuket with snitches and those that would defend them or denigrate me . That attack is still on the board while my reply and explanation is gone. I'll try again without explanation. People in Phuket and else where should mind their own business and let other people live their lives as long as it does not harm them. Surely a late night club doesn't harm them as they obviously have no desire to attend such a place, only church.

You will find most people on Phuket "snitch" after they have been arrested.

America is famous for plea bargaining, and in some cases, even when the accused is actually innocent.

It's nothing new. Eg. Give up your co-offender, and you only get 10 years, instead of life. Give up your drug supplier, and you only get 5 years, instead of 15 years.

In relation to the nightclubs, they are breaking the law if staying open after 2am. I don't really care, in fact, sometimes I am still out after 2am, but they are breaking the law.