THAI's cabin factor down to 70.2% in July

webfact

AVIATION
THAI's cabin factor down to 70.2% in July

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International (THAI)'s cabin factor in July stood at 70.2 per cent, compared to 75.3 per cent in the same month last year.

The airline said that in July, flight schedules were adjusted in response to changing demand, resulting in a 5.4 per cent drop in the available seat-kilometre (ASK) from the same period last year. In the month, the revenue passenger-kilometre (RPK) declined by 11.8 per cent, particularly on Asian flights.

Freight load factor in the month rose to 51.2 per cent, from 47.4 per cent last year.

The figures were reported to the board of directors who convened today.

The board is chared by ACM Prajin Juntong, a deputy chief of the National Council for Peace and Order.

In a statement, the airline said that the situation in July showed an improvement from the previous month along with overall sentiment. However, it was still worse than the same period last year.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/THAIs-cabin-factor-down-to-70-2-in-July-30240921.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-08-14

even on discount search engines Thais prices are over the top, no wonder people use other airlines . I dont even bother looking at Thai now

Exactly correct.... The prices they are asking are way over the top, when compared to like airlines Emirates or QANTAS...

On their site, a return from Sydney to BKK is 1300 bucks... Same dates... Emirates are 950

No Brainer really.

• Like 1

Our airline has seen a significant improvement compared to last year.

Our cabin factor improved from 75.3% to 70.2%.

Our airline offers cheaper prices compared to our competitors.

Sydney to Bkk cost ONLY 1300 bucks, other airlines charge higher at 950.

Please... CHOOSE US

cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Khon Kaen to Bangkok (Don Mueang) - Thai Smile 2,250 baht. AirAsia - 1,185.

But you have to consider in the long 40 mins journey you have to gulp down a plastic water and a sweet cake, that is why you pay 1000 baht more.cheesy.gif

At least people still fly THAI airways .... I gave up long ago , there are always better and cheaper .....even the cabin staff look bored and tired .... flying biz all the time , rarely receive a greeting in the plane ..food is lousy ..comfort is minimalist .... we have the choices of flying any other ailrines , that's what we do ..

• Like 2

Freight load factor in the month rose to 51.2 per cent, from 47.4 per cent last year.

More money in freight anyway thumbsup.gif

And on Thai service is same same cheesy.gif

Although if "flight schedules were adjusted in response to changing demand, resulting in a 5.4 per cent drop in the available seat-kilometre (ASK) from the same period last year" means that they have switched to smaller aircraft, as seems likely, then the same freight-volume would show up as being a higher percentage on a similarly-reduced hold-capacity.

It does make sense to cut capacity, while maintaining schedules, at times of low demand. Similarly capacity is normally boosted, when demand is higher, switching to larger aircraft or adding extra flights where possible. This is simply normal practice, isn't it ?

Low-demand time (for TG) is therefore a good time to schedule major-maintenance, or try to lease out aircraft to other airlines, who are busier during the European peak-summer-season.

- with almost double of tourists coming to Thailand in the past 5 years - Thai Airways has not been able to increase market share.

Why ? Pricing is not competitive. Solve the pricing and customer will come back. 40 % of cost is fuel anyway thus flying with each passenger more is already a WIN. Also stop spending 80 million US$ in additional advertising. A complete mistake. Rather give the price benefit direct to the customer. Lets see if there is someone capable of fixing it.

• Like 1

Just came back from Paris on a 380 and the service (and plane) were as good as any other airline - only trouble was the occupancy, wish it was only 70% and not the 101% it seemed like.

Can you be honest, will you inform us of the price.

Totally agree. I always liked Thai and still have a Gold Card, which is only current because I fly on other Star Alliance airlines. Recently I was going to use miles to fly to Yangon, but because the "fuel surcharge" is not included in the 'free' ticket, it would have cost more to fly 'free' on Thai than get a promotion ticket on Air Asia. Is anyone at Thai aware of what other airlines charge? Thai never has a better deal.

Totally agree. I always liked Thai and still have a Gold Card, which is only current because I fly on other Star Alliance airlines. Recently I was going to use miles to fly to Yangon, but because the "fuel surcharge" is not included in the 'free' ticket, it would have cost more to fly 'free' on Thai than get a promotion ticket on Air Asia. Is anyone at Thai aware of what other airlines charge? Thai never has a better deal.

Thai has a unique product that is superior to that of other airlines. It is therefore justified that they charge more. Charging less would indicate an inferior product to the competition's. It is preferable to suffer a lower cabin factor than show inferiority.

Edited by 96tehtarp
  • Like 1

even on discount search engines Thais prices are over the top, no wonder people use other airlines . I dont even bother looking at Thai now

and the service is bad and if you book it you may end on a code sharing airplane

Years ago I flew Thai..Was really impressed as service was excellent and the price was the best I could find...I always go for value for money...since then have given up even looking for thai prices as they are very expensive.

Now in recent years I have gone by Etihad and now I can fly from Isle of Man to Bangkok return for 28.500 bht..From Manchester only it would cost 25.800 bht.

A thai airways flight sourced today from Isle of Man to Bk...I kid you not...cheapest I can find 178,200.00 bht....and that's for ecomony..The best I can do on Thai is 40,878.00 and thats from London.Why would anyone in there right mind go Thai.....

if they lower their prices they think they will lose face by showing the need to compete.

I'm sure your right...but in the mean time till one day this century when they wake up and realise that admitting a mistake isn't as earth shattering as they always thought they will continue to lose money....

• Like 1