Laos Suggestions

monk213

Anybody with first hand experience able to offer suggestions to someone who has lived in Thailand for 5 years and wanting to move to Laos? I would simply like to know of locations you would regards decent to live. I do not care much for gogo bars and would prefer a more quiet way of life rather than a hustling bustling place surrounded by farang. Not too far from the border would be a plus.

Cheers

only place i would even consider living is Vientiane,

I have traveled throughout the country a few times with my car,

Luang Prabnag is beautiful and nice but not sure would want to live there

There are no go go bars in Laos,

Not easy to get a long term visa so u would be doing visa runs every 30 days so....

Check over on , teak D@#r their are a few posters that live in Laos

Edited by phuketrichard

Not easy to get a long term visa so u would be doing visa runs every 30 days so....

One year, multi-entry visas are much easier to get than Thailand. The north of Laos from VTE to LP is the only suitable part of the country.

One year, multi-entry visas are much easier to get than Thailand. The north of Laos from VTE to LP is the only suitable part of the country.

Really> i have heard there not easy to get unless ur working for a big company

If you want somewhere reasonably quiet then you should take a look at Vang Vieng. Very scenic and I can count the number of Falangs on both hands.

Its 3 hours from Vientiane, 150km.

Yearly visas are not a problem, think it was $420 for the first year, $390 thereafter, Contact me if you want further details.

Vang Vieng is cheap in comparison with Luang Prabang & Vientiane.

Visa question: with a year's visa, do you have to leave every 30 days, e.g, dip into Thailand and back again?

Well... if it's a year's visa, why would you have to leave every 30 days? Your question doesn't make much sense.

No it doesn't make any sense. But when I looked into a long-term stay in Laos four or five years ago, and if memory serves, it was said you had to leave every 30 days. Here's the thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/145703-lao-pdr-visas-residency-info/?p=2193085

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

Visa question: with a year's visa, do you have to leave every 30 days, e.g, dip into Thailand and back again?

Well... if it's a year's visa, why would you have to leave every 30 days? Your question doesn't make much sense.

No it doesn't make any sense. But when I looked into a long-term stay in Laos four or five years ago, and if memory serves, it was said you had to leave every 30 days. Here's the thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/145703-lao-pdr-visas-residency-info/?p=2193085

That was over 7 years ago!!!

When you say 'a years visa' do you mean a 'business visa'?

You do not have to leave the country, because if you get a legal visa it will be 'multiple entry'

Take a look at the pinned thread about Lao visas.