Possible 14 days more at border if entered on 30-day visa free stamp?

I'm a genuine tourist (only spent less than 3 weeks in Thailand previously this year).

Entered Thailand on July 21 on 30-day visa-free waiver.

Is it still possible to go to the border in Mae Sai and get stamped in for 14 more days?

According to this up-to-date link  http://www.thaivisaservice.com/visa-rules  it seems possible

THESE COUNTRIES CAN ENTER ONCE VIA AIRPORT AND ARE ALLOWED ONE 15 DAY STAMP FROM LAND BORDER. AFTER THAT THEY HAVE TO APPLY FOR A VISA AT THAI EMBASSY. 

but I would rather not find out otherwise at the border. 

If anyone has experience regarding what happens out there in real life please share.

(Standard 1900 baht extension of stay at immigration would be possible I think? Does it need any supporting documents apart from ticket out of the country?)

Thank you

As said you can get a visa exempt entry in Mae Sai. The only cost will be for the entry into Myanmar.

At the moment the only extension you can get is 7 days at immigration and it does cost 1900 baht.

On the 29th of this month or later you will be able to get a 30 day extension.

• Like 2

This was part of the original post. Firelily,  "If anyone has experience regarding what happens out there in real life please share."  I was responding to the orginal post and don't need your advice, dutchisaan.