THAI bid to stave off cash-flow crisis

webfact

You do realise that the "last (lot) in control" included 3 Air Chief Marshall's?

Maybe and the rest---who were they---care to look it up. Another clan member picking another topic and turning it into anti army propaganda.

If there were no political topics you Pro Shin anti army posters could not function.

Regardless of their political preferences, TG has always been a 'playground' for ex air-force personnel for it's entire existence. the fact that the previous lot were allied to PT is irrelevant, in years past they have been dem implants, all with the same result, a slow painful decline as airline amateurs faced the increasing cutthroat world of the modern airline business

My point to the anti army poster was why just single out them, when as you say it's a cancer over the years.

With respect (but who knows why), ginjag, you came up with this statement "We'll see, have to be much more than the last in control. Is this a real question or just another anti army poster." where you are saying that the military would know more than the "last lot".

I merely pointed out that amongst that "last lot" were three Air Chief Marshall's, which kind of takes the shine off your statement. I could have embellished that statement by saying that one of those ACM's had offered to resign earlier (about a month ago) but was persuaded by a senior member of the NCPO to stay on and "turn it (Thai Airways) round".

It doesn't appear that the gentleman concerned had enough of the "right stuff" to be able to turn it round, obviously.

You have a lot to learn about pots and kettles by the way.

Edited by fab4

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wondered if it was subsidised and asked the same in another topic..well we are being told there going to lose 12mill to 20 mill bht this year.

Wonder what the real amount is going to be and my guess is we will never know but you just know its a alot more than there saying or will ever admit too

"going to lose 12mill to 20 mill bht this year."

Unfotunately you dropped three zeros, that's billions not millions of Baht, in the OP ! facepalm.gif

• Like 1

My point to the anti army poster was why just single out them, when as you say it's a cancer over the years.

With respect (but who knows why), ginjag, you came up with this statement "We'll see, have to be much more than the last in control. Is this a real question or just another anti army poster." where you are saying that the military would know more than the "last lot".

I merely pointed out that amongst that "last lot" were three Air Chief Marshall's, which kind of takes the shine off your statement. I could have embellished that statement by saying that one of those ACM's had offered to resign earlier (about a month ago) but was persuaded by a senior member of the NCPO to stay on and "turn it (Thai Airways) round".

It doesn't appear that the gentleman concerned had enough of the "right stuff" to be able to turn it round, obviously.

You have a lot to learn about pots and kettles by the way.

People never too old to learn, but your teachings are not the education I need, You have to bring up the military involvement in Thai Airways, just an anti army thing--agenda again, why do I say this because the military has always throughout Thaksin ere were involved so whats new.

Turning the thread into another anti army/military topic.

If your so clever at pointing out others faults but forgetting your own, please read my entire posts re Thai topics, and what I think about them it is well known to TVF it is badly run, it needs privatization. Had your PTP government done its job and ordered The airline to shake it's self up --no 3 years wasted, In the meantime in 9 weeks the military man is on the job, I dare say he will not run it but will be able to see the big problems for starters.

Why mention Quote " merely pointed out re 3 Air Chief Marshals" do you think no one knows this ?? so why bring it up just to antagonize the posters for reason to argue ?? We know the problems, we know Fernando style management is needed.

Take your blinkers off and why make it so obvious about your posts what your objective is----anti anything that doesn't conform to your rhetoric.

Please answer the topic re YOUR thoughts how Thai can turn the job around instead of -----bla bla bla anti military, do not deny it as your posts are near all that and nothing more.

• Like 1

May I make a bold and daring suggestion? My guess is it is something the Thai board has never considered.

Lower your prices to the level where you are competitive with other airlines. Oh my God. What a concept! Such bold and innovative thought. Why would we do that? Everyone wants to fly on Thai. Oh wait a minute. We have been flying at only 60% capacity, so maybe not everybody wants to fly on Thai, after all. Never thought about that. Wow. What a strange thought. We are not doing everything correctly? We are not super genius angels? We need to improve? Wow. Where does one start.

Idea number two. Hire a foreign CEO who is fluent in Thai, and has overseas experience.

Idea number three. Hire a firm to do a completely objective analysis of the airline from top to bottom. Make sure the firm is foreign, so there is no chance of contaminated results.

• Like 1

Even Thai people are now awake to the silly prices and are booking other airlines, something they wouldn't have dreamed of doing just a few short years ago. I've recently had neighbours booking on Emirates, Etihad and even BA for their travel needs as they shy away from Thai prices and old aircraft.

First, bring fares in line with other carriers, second, stop hiring too-good-for-this-job hi-so flight attendants, third, hire management because they know the airline business instead of hiring because they know someone, and fourth, stop buying new airplanes that you don't need.

Oh so you have been served by my nephew have you biggrin.png

May I make a bold and daring suggestion? My guess is it is something the Thai board has never considered.

Lower your prices to the level where you are competitive with other airlines. Oh my God. What a concept! Such bold and innovative thought. Why would we do that? Everyone wants to fly on Thai. Oh wait a minute. We have been flying at only 60% capacity, so maybe not everybody wants to fly on Thai, after all. Never thought about that. Wow. What a strange thought. We are not doing everything correctly? We are not super genius angels? We need to improve? Wow. Where does one start.

Idea number two. Hire a foreign CEO who is fluent in Thai, and has overseas experience.

Idea number three. Hire a firm to do a completely objective analysis of the airline from top to bottom. Make sure the firm is foreign, so there is no chance of contaminated results.

Agree on all points. However; with regard to idea three, how much cooperation do you think these foreigner's would get when they came to 'analyse ' Thai Airways ? Quite frankly i don't believe it's even possible to even sell the whole caboodle, as anyone who was fortunate enough to study 'the books' would be in for an almighty shock and would run as far away as possible with all due haste.

• Like 1

A post discussing the royal family has been removed from view and a member is no longer with us.

Please remember we are still operating in difficult times.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/479383-no-discussion-of-the-monarchy-in-political-context/

Many people have been losing their posting rights or receiving suspensions because they continue to make comments on the Monarchy, and members of the Thai Royal Family in a political context. This is in violation of Thai law which explicitly states that The Monarchy is above politics.

- Do not make any accusations about any individual's or groups' loyalty toward The Monarchy.

- Do not speculate on the opinions of any member of The Royal Family.

- Do not discuss succession or speculate on the future of The Monarchy.

This includes hinting at, joking about, or using innuendo about the above, or referring people to outside information containing such things.

While we do not wish to needlessly restrict discussion of current events in Thailand, it's necessary that we put the above restrictions in place to ensure that local laws and customs are honoured, and the forum remains a viable news source for Thailand's expat community.

You may see some news articles referring to such things, but remember that they have expensive legal teams that vet the quotations first, and you/we don't.

Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.

The moderating team.

• Like 2

A post discussing the royal family has been removed from view and a member is no longer with us.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/479383-no-discussion-of-the-monarchy-in-political-context/

Many people have been losing their posting rights or receiving suspensions because they continue to make comments on the Monarchy, and members of the Thai Royal Family in a political context. This is in violation of Thai law which explicitly states that The Monarchy is above politics.

- Do not make any accusations about any individual's or groups' loyalty toward The Monarchy.

- Do not speculate on the opinions of any member of The Royal Family.

- Do not discuss succession or speculate on the future of The Monarchy.

This includes hinting at, joking about, or using innuendo about the above, or referring people to outside information containing such things.

Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.

The moderating team.

Thank you for your actions and words.

:thumbsup:

<snip>

The Thai Business class cabins are full of old stewardesses in their 40's or even 50's, fluffing around with scorns on their faces, clearly not happy in their jobs.

<snip>

The long haul routes pay higher per-diem rates for layovers and are awarded based on seniority. The younger fresher cabin crew are left with the more difficult short haul flights.

Agree on all points. However; with regard to idea three, how much cooperation do you think these foreigner's would get when they came to 'analyse ' Thai Airways ? Quite frankly i don't believe it's even possible to even sell the whole caboodle, as anyone who was fortunate enough to study 'the books' would be in for an almighty shock and would run as far away as possible with all due haste.

There is not a single foreign manager at the Thai head office. Not one.

A few years ago they hired Booze Allen consulting firm to analyze their operations. Other than the commission or finders-fee paid to someone for that contract nothing happened.

Thai has never actually ever made a profit from its airline division. The other divisions' profits were always required to make up for heavy losses and show an overall profit. Thai is a diversified company, however the airline itself has always been a money losing enterprise. This was even so during the golden era of Thai.

Another misconception is that Thai staff have fabulous benefits and unlimited free tickets. They don't. Thai benefits for reduced rate travel for staff are stingy when compared with the industry average. Benefits for management are extremely generous.

There is not a single foreign manager at the Thai head office. Not one.

A few years ago they hired Booze Allen consulting firm to analyze their operations. Other than the commission or finders-fee paid to someone for that contract nothing happened.

Thai has never actually ever made a profit from its airline division. The other divisions' profits were always required to make up for heavy losses and show an overall profit. Thai is a diversified company, however the airline itself has always been a money losing enterprise. This was even so during the golden era of Thai.

Another misconception is that Thai staff have fabulous benefits and unlimited free tickets. They don't. Thai benefits for reduced rate travel for staff are stingy when compared with the industry average. Benefits for management are extremely generous.

I once met the Thai regional manager for Greece, balkans, turkey and Cyprus. Apartment and driver in athens , kids in charterhouse.

Senior airforcr guy who's dad was a general or something. In those days there was one code share flight per week with Austrian airlines via a then. Its a gravy train.

15years ago Thai were my preferred airline. These days I avoid them. My last experience was flying long haul in business, I'd slept through the meal service woke up starving and asked for a bite. 10 minutes later the guy came back with a bread roll. I kid you not. The first signs of troubles were the long faced, demotivated flight crews I started experiencing. Sad tale of wow brought on by poor management and freebies and corruption, in my view. Hope they turn it around.

• Like 1