Decent Tailor In Pattaya

BROWNY

Leaving all the crap I would advice to consult New Look Collection Custom Tailors located inside Areca Lodge.

They are well qualified, genuine and I would say the best Tailor in town as per my and my friends experience.

I am pretty sure you would like the work done by New Look Collection a lot.I found these guys to be honest, helpful and got a very genuine advice from them about what would suits my personality and what would not.

Sharing their address and contact details for reference:198/21-23 Moo 9, Soi Diana Inn, Inside Areca Lodge, Pattaya, Thailand 20150

Ph: 0066 (0) - 891385066Hope it helps.

i aways to same as Kerryd, go to ammeterial shop buy what quility you like and take to a thai tailor who actually makes them bypassing the shops who are a pain. i get material from shop near Naklua post office. 200 baht for 2 metres, and 300 baht to make trousers. xxl size. they fir perfect and much cheaper than tailors.

if you live in UK get a £40 one from asda, better quility and cheaper

Edited by NALAK

• 4 months later...

I know this great tailor located at central pattaya. AMAA Fashions. I made a pants first to see the quality and later made several suits as I was impressed with the service, quality and price. I have sent many friends who have all been satisfied. You can contact the owner Chris by email at REMOVED

Edited by Rimmer
as per forum rules

I go to Richies(Alaxander on the sign) fashion right in the arab section just off soi 17 and 2nd road Pattaya. The owner looks Indian but doesn't push and actually claims to be Thai by birth.

They are especially good for pants at reasonable prices. If I need something fancier than what I find in Big C (which does a fairly good job for many clothes) then I go there.

I have used President Tailors at the top end of Walking St for the past 23 years.

Good quality of work and will negotiate on the price. :rolleyes:

Every year he goes on a European work about to visit his customers with the orders that they have phoned in, for the final fittings.

His phone number is :- 038422659

And before you ask NO I have no connection with them.

I boycott all Indian tailor shops. True, they do not do the work themselves, they have the work done in sweat shops by poor Isaan workers who work for nothing and are not that well trained. If you want to see some of the shops, walk around the Sunnee Plaza -Day Night hotel sois. The reason I know this is because I knew an authentic "Thai tailor" who tried to survive/ compete with the Indian shops and could not. He did not outsource his work, but did it himself with interest and care. (HE moved to another city where the rent is cheaper and doesn't depend on tourist season).

I had a bedspread once made by an Indian tailor shop in Pattaya (my first year here). All I wanted was a bedspread of one color-- off white) When I went to pick it up, the three pieces of fabric they sewed together (because the width of the roll wasn't wide enough) did not match due to the "grain"/ the hue of the cloth. The Indian slime sales man tried to convince me with all kinds of excuses that it was to be that way... NOT.

I boycott all Indian tailor shops. True, they do not do the work themselves, they have the work done in sweat shops by poor Isaan workers who work for nothing and are not that well trained. If you want to see some of the shops, walk around the Sunnee Plaza -Day Night hotel sois. The reason I know this is because I knew an authentic "Thai tailor" who tried to survive/ compete with the Indian shops and could not. He did not outsource his work, but did it himself with interest and care. (HE moved to another city where the rent is cheaper and doesn't depend on tourist season).

I had a bedspread once made by an Indian tailor shop in Pattaya (my first year here). All I wanted was a bedspread of one color-- off white) When I went to pick it up, the three pieces of fabric they sewed together (because the width of the roll wasn't wide enough) did not match due to the "grain"/ the hue of the cloth. The Indian slime sales man tried to convince me with all kinds of excuses that it was to be that way... NOT.

We parked our car behind Tukcom a few weeks ago. The sois behind Tukcom are filled with tailor shops. I was amazed at how many "Indians" came and went on scooters. I'm guessing they were the sales guys delivering orders and checking up on things?

• 1 year later...

Thanks to everyone for great advice on finding a tailor in Pattaya. After reading this thread I found Burda Tailor on South Pattaya Rd across from Friendship Supermarket. This is a Chinese-Thai family that has owned the shop for decades.

They weren't cheap but they provided all the details and quality I asked for. I had time for several fittings and they made changes as I requested them, no complaints. I indicated requirements like sturdy, hand-stitched buttons and buttonholes; wool-cashmere blend, just a little polyester to make it easy to iron; preshrunk canvas chestpiece; perspiration piece and reinforcements; and special pockets for train tickets, passes, coins, etc.

For a two-piece suit with two pairs of trousers and four dress shirts I paid 12,000 baht. Your price may be less if you aren't as particular about details, or if you haggle (I focused on getting what I wanted and didn't bargain on the price). Excellent service and performance, I recommend them.

Edited by SiriusBlack1

Thanks to everyone for great advice on finding a tailor in Pattaya. After reading this thread I found Burda Tailor on South Pattaya Rd across from Friendship Supermarket. This is a Chinese-Thai family that has owned the shop for decades.

They weren't cheap but they provided all the details and quality I asked for. I had time for several fittings and they made changes as I requested them, no complaints. I indicated requirements like sturdy, hand-stitched buttons and buttonholes; wool-cashmere blend, just a little polyester to make it easy to iron; preshrunk canvas chestpiece; perspiration piece and reinforcements; and special pockets for train tickets, passes, coins, etc.

For a two-piece suit with two pairs of trousers and four dress shirts I paid 12,000 baht. Your price may be less if you aren't as particular about details, or if you haggle (I focused on getting what I wanted and didn't bargain on the price). Excellent service and performance, I recommend them.

I'm happy you had a good experience w/ Burda. I didn't. I love the shop, however, and everyone was quite nice. It would be a great place to have a silk dress made for your lady.

I did OK at Michelle's on Beach Rd. near Soi 13 and TQ, though the selection of material is limited. I gave detailed specs beforehand and example to copy w/ modifications. Did the same w/ Burda w/ more limited success.

If you want the best quality Thailand has to offer (and it ain't Savile Row), you'll need to find that in Bangkok and pay more.

Bit late for the op but for anyone else interested - Jas the tailor in Flipper Lodge on soi 8 is to be recommended. I've brought a few people to him over the years and the work has always been very good and very reasonable. If you want a certain style then bring him the details and if it can be done then he'll let you know and vice versa.