Update on 40 THB Large Leos.......

Thighlander

Can someone please clarify where this alleged place is?

I didn't see the last post, and I'm not sure on the where part reading this one.

dayli soi 11,dont bother mate,or less your just going with a gang for a good piss up.

that states more than I can.....

I didn't see the last post, and I'm not sure on the where part reading this one.

Off sirimangklajarn, a few metres up the right hand side of the Green hotel.

I was in a bar last week with a mate, and we both remarked that actually had a chatty pub atmosphere like my old days in England.

And the reason was very obvious; most folks were over 40 and not a phone in sight.

By contrast you go to the aforementioned babe bars, a group of friends arrive sit down and there is absolutely no social interaction with eachother, other than the group selfies and pathetic self preening.

Find me a bar with atmosphere, where phones are outlawed..

I'm with you 100% on that eyecatcher. I too, think mobile devices have destroyed any social interaction between friends, family, etc. I was in a restaurant two days ago where a family of 5 people were siting next to us. Both parents and the two children - one appeared to be about 11 while the other was about 17 spent the entire meal glued to their respective mobile devices, never saying a word to each other. Poor granny was totally alone and nobody said a word to her. The elderly mother of the restaurant owner came over to talk with granny - until her daughter angrily snapped at her "to sit down and not talk with the customers, they are not your family." Really quite sad how things have changed over the years. I saw on BBC about a restaurant owner in Los Angeles that offers a 10% discount to all patrons who shut off their mobiles and deposit them at the desk while dining at his popular restaurant;encouraging families and friends to actually interact with one another. I often see Thais in their mid 20's or early 30's on dates (often there is a very beautiful girl as the date) spend the entire date staring at their mobiles. What a crazy world this has become.

If the family sees each other at home for hours is it necessary to chat at the table also? But poor granny.

I assume he's talking about Dayl; Nimmanhamin Soi 11 very close to Thanon Sirimangkhlachan (spelling?). Big open air place on north side of the soi.

There may be other places with 5 Leos for 199 baht before 8 p.m., if anyone knows of them please feel free to post a review.

I couldn't agree more. But, you know how TV is; "Objections without alternatives"...........I have zero personal interest in the ownership of the place. Only my financial interests, as it saves me several hundred THB every time I go. Would love to hear other recs on good places.....but all we get is the same hot dogs and eggs BS.

I assume he's talking about Dayl; Nimmanhamin Soi 11 very close to Thanon Sirimangkhlachan (spelling?). Big open air place on north side of the soi.

There may be other places with 5 Leos for 199 baht before 8 p.m., if anyone knows of them please feel free to post a review.

I couldn't agree more. But, you know how TV is; "Objections without alternatives"...........I have zero personal interest in the ownership of the place. Only my financial interests, as it saves me several hundred THB every time I go. Would love to hear other recs on good places.....but all we get is the same hot dogs and eggs BS.
BS mate nearly every thai bar you go to around nimman sell 3 leos or chang for 189/199 thb,and singles for 70bht so you could save yourself 140bht,to sit in a big and empty beer garden, or 5 bucks,of your countrys (money,not for me son but each for his own.good luck keep downing them.i go out much later have 3 leos for 210bht,and i am happy,lol. ps you can go to kamaria next to 7/11 on nimman and get 3leos for 165bht,not for everyone but the place is friendly,okay for people watching,not much else,chock dee.

Had some good evenings at Kamrai....but they really act like they are doing us a favor and 1) there beer is often old 2) later on when they start folding up the tables at 11:30; the beer isn't cold enough (yes free ice). 3) no ventilation whatsoever, and the Thais will really crowd in there....one ceiling fan would work wonders 4) they refuse to give you a glass if you are drinking sodas; even if you drink 30 beers a week in there. 5) No toilet 6) and now they have a new menu, and just to show their disrespect to farang...there are two English words on it: french fries....which were actually excellent for 35 thb...but a smallish portion.

Other than that it's great, and the large potted plants around the north corner are a pretty good place to take a leak. Maybe someday they will come up with the 20 thb part necessary to fix the urinal in front of the Cotto showroom, which I believe is a higher end plumbing supply place.

So in summary--three large Leos for 165 baht sitting outside a liquor store with no toilet, or five large Leos for 199 baht in a restaurant with table service, live music, an extensive Thai menu, toilets and other niceties. Hmm, tough choice.

Off sirimangklajarn, a few metres up the right hand side of the Green hotel.

I was in a bar last week with a mate, and we both remarked that actually had a chatty pub atmosphere like my old days in England.

And the reason was very obvious; most folks were over 40 and not a phone in sight.

By contrast you go to the aforementioned babe bars, a group of friends arrive sit down and there is absolutely no social interaction with eachother, other than the group selfies and pathetic self preening.

Find me a bar with atmosphere, where phones are outlawed..

I'm with you 100% on that eyecatcher. I too, think mobile devices have destroyed any social interaction between friends, family, etc. I was in a restaurant two days ago where a family of 5 people were siting next to us. Both parents and the two children - one appeared to be about 11 while the other was about 17 spent the entire meal glued to their respective mobile devices, never saying a word to each other. Poor granny was totally alone and nobody said a word to her. The elderly mother of the restaurant owner came over to talk with granny - until her daughter angrily snapped at her "to sit down and not talk with the customers, they are not your family." Really quite sad how things have changed over the years. I saw on BBC about a restaurant owner in Los Angeles that offers a 10% discount to all patrons who shut off their mobiles and deposit them at the desk while dining at his popular restaurant;encouraging families and friends to actually interact with one another. I often see Thais in their mid 20's or early 30's on dates (often there is a very beautiful girl as the date) spend the entire date staring at their mobiles. What a crazy world this has become.

"I saw on BBC about a restaurant owner in Los Angeles that offers a 10% discount to all patrons who shut off their mobiles and deposit them at the desk while dining at his popular restaurant;encouraging families and friends to actually interact with one another."

Do you know why he can do that? (Offer 10% discount.) It's because those using mobile devices at restaurants tend to take much more time during their dining experience. There was an article where a restaurant (I think it was NYC) was wondering why the business was not as profitable even though his clientele numbers wasn't falling. It was because each diner was taking more time to eat and the business had to add additional servers.

People would arrive and take more time checking and using their mobile before ordering. Then when the food arrived they would be requesting the staff to take group pics of the food spread out in front of them. Many requested re-takes as the first ones weren't to their liking. Then after many minutes or so of doing this they would make a request to send their food back to the kitchen and have it re-heated as it had gotten cold.

• Like 1

I wonder how they do it, because I understand that 40 Baht for a large Leo, is below wholesale price.

They sell to favored establishments at different prices.

And provide them will free serving girls too.

(The girls in the beer dresses work for the beer company, not the bar)

According to the City Life article, "beer girls" are about to become extinct in Thailand.sad.png

• Like 1