Robin Williams quotes

1. “You could talk about same-sex marriage, but people who have been married [say] ‘It’s the same sex all the time.’”
~Robin Williams, as Tom Cobb in “Man of the Year,” 2006
2. “It’s the end of the reign of George the 2nd. The reign of error is over. America is officially out of rehab…He’s a gift to comedy, though, he’s a comedy pinata. I’m going to miss him.”
~Robin Williams, Amused, United Kingdom 2008
3. “The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying, ‘Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.’ She’s got a baseball bat and yelling, ‘You want a piece of me?’”
~Robin Williams, on immigration
4. “Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed frequently.”
~Robin Williams, as Tom Dobbs in the 2006 film “Man of the Year”
5. “If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.”
~Robin Williams, An Evening At The Met, 1986
6. “To make fun of an administration, to make fun of anything, Mark Twain said, is the last defense of democracy.”
~Robin Williams, during an interview with Hollywood.com in 2006
7. “Having George W. Bush giving a lecture on business ethics is like having a leper give you a facial, it just doesn’t work!”
~Robin Williams, Live on Broadway, 2002
8. “We’ve had cloning in the South for years. It’s called cousins.”
~Robin Williams, on cloning
9. “We have a president for whom English is a second language. He’s like ‘We have to get rid of dictators,’ but he’s pretty much one himself.”
~Robin Williams, March 2003
10. “People say satire is dead. It’s not dead; it’s alive and living in the White House.”
~Robin Williams, during the Bush Administration
11. “The Second Amendment says we have the right to bear arms, not to bear artillery.”
~Robin Williams, on the gun debate
12. “When the media ask George W. Bush a question, he answers, ‘Can I use a lifeline?’”
~Robin Williams, on President Bush
13. “I believe Ronald Reagan can make this country what it once was… a large Arctic region covered with ice.”
~Robin Williams, on President Reagan
14. “Politics: “Poli” a Latin word meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking creatures”.”
~Robin Williams, on what ‘politics’ means
15. “Do you think God gets stoned? I think so… look at the platypus.”
~Robin Williams, An Evening At The Met, 1986
16. “[Ronald Reagan] is the world’s largest Muppet.”
~Robin Williams, according to the Lawrence Journal-World, January 25, 1989
17. “Dubya doesn’t speak while Cheney is drinking water.”
18. “John Ashcroft is a man who lost to a dead man in Missouri. Can’t forget that. Choices in Missouri were: John Ashcroft, dead man. And people in Missouri went ‘I’m sorry, John, but the dead man scares me less than you do.”
19. “What scares me is that Dubya almost died from a fuckin’ pretzel. We have billions of dollars of national defense and they want billions more for nation security to up the stakes, and he almost fuckin’ goes down from snack food. Secret Service are going ‘Game’s over man! Gilligan’s down, Gilligan’s down! Step away from the chip, sir!’”
20. “Compassionate conservative, that’s like having a gun rack on a Volvo.”
~Robin Williams, Amused, 2008
21. “I know about Russia because I can see it from my back yard! You have amazing eyesight, number one… Well, I can see San Quentin from my house, but that doesn’t make me an expert on prison reform.”
~Robin Williams, on Sarah Palin, Weapons of Self Destruction
22. “And if you’re looking for Sarah Palin’s new book, it is a bitch to find! I found it somewhere between fiction and non-fiction, in the fantasy aisle.”
~Robin Williams, Weapons of Self Destruction
23. “He starts to look like your uncle who’s on a new drug and he hasn’t got the dosage right. And you find him wondering around the mall going ‘I got a plan!”
~Robin Williams, on John McCain, Amused, 2008
24. “Did Ronald Reagan have a kid with Posh Spice? It’s like she came from some sort of reality show, Project Running Mate. ‘Here she comes. Here comes Sarah. Her hobbies are breastfeeding and helicopter hunting. She can skin a moose and balance a budget. Come on down.’ With that ‘shucks and aw’ kind of ‘Polar bears are not endangered, they’re unlucky.’”
~Robin Williams, roasting Sarah Palin, Amused 2008
And sadly prophetic
25. “If you want to die, don’t make a mistake and not quite kill yourself because the medical bills in America are hideous.”
~Robin Williams, after his heart surgery in 2009
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Over rated nerd!

Spot on I can't think of anyone I found more annoying or less talented. Hope he's at peace, but glad he won't be making any more films.

There is a very, very long list of people more annoying and less talented. It's just increased by 2.

• Like 1