New Sports Bar Kad Falang

PostmanPat

sat there for three hours and didn't leave a tip?

He could have been telling us the cost of everything minus whatever he wanted to leave as a tip .?

It looks good value for money including the sport to me.

• Like 1

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess u think its still Thailand 1980 before they taxed imported beer. Also do u know the thai govt. put a 14% sin tax on alcohol last yr???

14% Sin tax?

Now you're just taking the piss...

Went through the drinks menu during quarter and half time breaks today. The prices have come into line with most other places in town. The manager even said in line with UN Irish and The Pub prices. So they have been listening.

A pint of Guinness was 220, thats roughly what i pay elsewhere.

They do seem to be trying to make an effort for it to succeed. Good luck to them i say.

So they were taking the piss and got called out on it and aligned their prices accordingly because there's no such thing as a "14% sin tax on alcohol" that was introduced last year.

DaamNaam -- you left out the part about the aircon; nice clean, sturdy, smooth furniture that didn't snag your Mum's clothing and was comfortable for your manly body; and clean, modern toilet facilities -- all something you wouldn't have had at some of the places that are considered the "best" places to watch sports in Chiang Mai.

• Like 1

DaamNaam -- you left out the part about the aircon; nice clean, sturdy, smooth furniture that didn't snag your Mum's clothing and was comfortable for your manly body; and clean, modern toilet facilities -- all something you wouldn't have had at some of the places that are considered the "best" places to watch sports in Chiang Mai.

True Nancy. And plenty of car parking which some of the other places lack.

Edited by DaamNaam

There is no water park going in at Kad Farang. The one on the cards is opposite RimPing Mee Chock.

The other coffee shop going in is Tom Tom, the Korean franchise.

Play bot, robotics for kids, a muay thai gym, A Daiso (everything 60 baht Japanese) shop. It's due to open in December but they said last April and nothing is happening there at present, work has all stopped.

A huge bilingual school has opened up behind Kad Farang too. Impressive facilities.

It will never be a hive of activity but at least it offers the option for us southerners rather than going into town, and hence avoid the worsening traffic.

There goes the neighbourhood! "Jonny, g3a, time to go home", plus all the other school announcements at full volume w00t.gif

Nothing like that at this school. The announcements i heard were at a volume inline with the schools i went to.

Sorry, what did you say?

I guess u think its still Thailand 1980 before they taxed imported beer. Also do u know the thai govt. put a 14% sin tax on alcohol last yr???

14% Sin tax?

Now you're just taking the piss...

Went through the drinks menu during quarter and half time breaks today. The prices have come into line with most other places in town. The manager even said in line with UN Irish and The Pub prices. So they have been listening.

A pint of Guinness was 220, thats roughly what i pay elsewhere.

They do seem to be trying to make an effort for it to succeed. Good luck to them i say.

So they were taking the piss and got called out on it and aligned their prices accordingly because there's no such thing as a "14% sin tax on alcohol" that was introduced last year.

Actually, there was a big increase in taxes on alcoholic beverages imposed last year. It was widely reported on. I don't know the percentage. As I recall, it was even higher on imported alcoholic beverages.

Beer from 800 baht a carton to 1000 baht a carton is 20 % is it not?

Anyway, to keep the topic on track they have slashed their original prices, time will tell if that saves them or not. Just hope the food portions aren't sacrificed because of it.

An inflammatory post has been removed as well as the replies:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Anyway, to keep the topic on track they have slashed their original prices, time will tell if that saves them or not. Just hope the food portions aren't sacrificed because of it.

It is not. That would be 25%. Apparently, they didn't get the word at the place (that will remain unmentioned) I was last night. However, a couple of farangs walked out unhappy, because they were charging 210 THB for 4 bottles of Leo (630ml), or Singha (500 ml). They told me they had just been to 3 solid hours of all you can drink Tiger for 115 THB.

Unmentioned - lol There are probably no less than 200+ places that have pretty thai girls, decent thai food, and great beer promotions. There is no point in pretending you know some secret beer mecca because you have bothered venturing out past the moat.

If you want good thai food, cheap beer, pretty thai girls, and no AC then you could throw a dart at a map of chiang mai and find a place.

Some people feel uncomfortable with going to these types of Thai restaurants and so they choose to pay more for comfortable surroundings, AC, english menu, and a more familiar surroundings. Grow up.

• Like 2

It is not. That would be 25%. Apparently, they didn't get the word at the place (that will remain unmentioned) I was last night. However, a couple of farangs walked out unhappy, because they were charging 210 THB for 4 bottles of Leo (630ml), or Singha (500 ml). They told me they had just been to 3 solid hours of all you can drink Tiger for 115 THB.

Unmentioned - lol There are probably no less than 200+ places that have pretty thai girls, decent thai food, and great beer promotions. There is no point in pretending you know some secret beer mecca because you have bothered venturing out past the moat.

If you want good thai food, cheap beer, pretty thai girls, and no AC then you could throw a dart at a map of chiang mai and find a place.

Some people feel uncomfortable with going to these types of Thai restaurants and so they choose to pay more for comfortable surroundings, AC, english menu, and a more familiar surroundings. Grow up.

It's so secret; there have been two threads on it in the last 10 days..........Places that have promotions with cold/fresh beer and a decent restroom are really not that common.

Its amazing how negative and bitter one man can be. It makes you wonder what type of person is hiding behind that computer.

For me I am so glad I went and checked out "The Game" you really can tell they put a lot of money and time into this place even before you walk in the door its like being taken back home to a real sports bar. Now Im not the huge sports fan but i like beer and this place has the best beer selection outside the city from what i can tell and its not overdone like a lot of the sports bars back in america its classy and I found the prices very fair compared to Bangkok. I can see from the thread they had to fix that and I am sure glad they did.

Best thing for me is I don't speak Thai the menu was in English and the staff spoke English. As i said before Im not much into sports but I could see something different on all the TV's and they even put the monster truck jam on for me so i wasn't bored with football or rugby.

I highly recommend checking this place out. I am new to the Hang Dong area and glad I don't have to ride my little scooter into town when ever I want quick meal.

I live in town, so although it is out of my way I might be tempted to check the place out. I hope they do well because it looks like they're trying their best and they could be a welcome addition to the Chiang Mai bar scene, especially for those people living on that side of town.

• Like 1

When in Rome.. you visit an American Sports bar. wink.png

Please, Winnie, not this well trod tiresome "when in Thai only do Thai" malarkey again. What do you think the first thing Thai people do when they go abroad, thats right, look for Thai food, Ditto Chinese, and many other cultures too.

Many of us live a relatively Thai life here but we all have this thing inside us called "our own culture." We all have it. Even you, Winnie, and theres nothing wrong with having it, its genetic, its natural, and its OK. I live in Thailand but still proud to be British, nothing wrong with the mix !!

Suppose if you want to dress in a Sarong and have noodles for breakfast "upto you" but nothing wrong with toast and coffee, honestly, try it !!

Edited by PostmanPat
  • Like 2

When in Rome.. you visit an American Sports bar. wink.png

Please, Winnie, not this well trod tiresome "when in Thai only do Thai" malarkey again. What do you think the first thing Thai people do when they go abroad, thats right, look for Thai food, Ditto Chinese, and many other cultures too.

Many of us live a relatively Thai life here but we all have this thing inside us called "our own culture." We all have it. Even you, Winnie, and theres nothing wrong with having it, its genetic, its natural, and its OK. I live in Thailand but still proud to be British, nothing wrong with the mix !!

Suppose if you want to dress in a Sarong and have noodles for breakfast "upto you" but nothing wrong with toast and coffee, honestly, try it !!

I think the post was "tongue in cheek". Though i could be mistaken, first time for everything.

• Like 1

Right, just noticing the -admittedly slight- irony with the forum member name. ;)

Although generally speaking when a person new to Chiang Mai, who doesn't want to go completely native for food and drinks, and with just a moped for transportation asks me for ideas where to live then I would typically answer somewhere in or nearish to town, not too far out.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai