Triple entry Tourist visa question

Friends of mine, a British couple living in Bulgaria would like to take a tour of S.E.Asia based in Thailand. They are thinking of staying for a period of about 6 months, If they could get a triple entry tourist visa does that limit them to three departures/entries from/into Thailand. Would they lose one segment of the visa every time they leave Thailand or is there some kind of multi re-entry permit which would allow departure/re-entry within the life of each segment of the Triple entry visa?

Sounds complicated but I am just trying to confirm if it is a case of three strikes and you're out.

Obliged for any sensible help or suggestions.

It is possible to a apply for a single re-entry permit (1000 baht) for the 60 day permit to stay the visa allows. Unless they wanted to do at least 3 entries during the 60 days a multiple re-entry permit (3800 baht) would not practical.

Not sure waht you mean by the 3 strikes reference.

Other than needing a ticket out of the country within 30 days or arrival they could still possibley do their trip using 30 day visa exempt entries.

It is possible to a apply for a single re-entry permit (1000 baht) for the 60 day permit to stay the visa allows. Unless they wanted to do at least 3 entries during the 60 days a multiple re-entry permit (3800 baht) would not practical.

Other than needing a ticket out of the country within 30 days or arrival they could still possibley do their trip using 30 day visa exempt entries.

Thanks ubonjoe, I was referring to a Triple entry tourist visa and trying to ascertain whether it is possible to get re-entry permits within the duration of each segment of the triple entry visa without using up that segment before the end of the segments 60 day duration..

Thanks ubonjoe, I was referring to a Triple entry tourist visa and trying to ascertain whether it is possible to get re-entry permits within the duration of each segment of the triple entry visa without using up that segment before the end of the segments 60 day duration..

Yes, it is possible to do that.

Yes, it is possible to do that.

Thanks for the confirmation paz.