Reaction to Loud Music

luckizuchinni

I would have done what you did, though I would have stopped the car when they came running with fists. In any event, I can see a number of places where this may have gone very differently. I still have a lot to learn here, but I wonder if you did it correctly. Just wondering.

I had the same experience a few years ago....government official bought a house 300 meters away from mine because he was thrown out of his village 1.1K away due to his loud music - they threw rocks on his roof which is the Thai way to show their anger......he had two speaker stands with the stage type speakers on it elevated to two levels with 6 speakers on each (large each 5'x2') + other speakers so about 14 concert grade speakers.....when he used them the base would shake the slab floor on my house.....tried going over - was pulled away by a friend because I was getting hot.....he lorded/flaunted his government job over the nearby people and they were frightened of his power......went to the amphur 1 kilo away and complained (could hear the music there even though the speakers were aimed the other way).......

Finally - started a petition walking around the two nearby villages - everybody hated this guy but all were afraid - one ex-chief said "his pleasure is everyone elses pain" - he'd evidently threatened more than a few people along the way along with taunts and insults......but - got 13 signatures which we took to the authorities & they made a call on him....worked about 2 weeks.

We were having a party one night with fireworks to end it and he was on the microphone singing American go home over and over and over....I tilted the mortar towards his place and the round went off about 30 meters directly over his house/shack.....he went quiet for the rest of that night......

Had a friend that wrote articles and he took the information and notes and somehow got it into the paper & wrote cover letters to every ranking official he could think of locally and in Bangkok including the notes - petition - videos & pictures - within 6 months this guy had been re-assigned and sold his house (which is good because I was seriously thinking how unfortunate it would be if the bank of speakers caught fire) - that was actually some of the villagers comments - burn him out.....

Your problem is a big one....I guess I found a lucky way to get it handled - once the villagers saw other signatures on the petition it was easier to get others - even though he cost over 100's of people many sleepless nights it was hard to get them to sign.......everyone was impressed that we got that many people to sign.....

Somehow you've got to find a way to make them lose face over it publicly and make it so much trouble it's no longer a lark - because until you do everyone is captive and enslaved to them.......and once the bullies get entrenched it will get worse.....

You do it right!!! If shit like this happen call the police. Don't be scare like the most Thais and FARANGS on TV. If you show this idiots that you are not worry they are surprised. Maybe you have someone BIG in your backsite??? Show your balls!!!

We had the same problem some weeks ago. Me wife complaint 3 times very loud Music to the police in our village. They not come out and check. Than I drove with my wife to the Police station. My wife gone inside the station and me to a nearbe 7eleven. After I come out I gone to the Police too and what happen? I am SHOCKED. One of the policeman called my wife crazy and let do she a drug test. But they don't know that my wife work for the police too. ;-)

When we come home she complaint it to her Boss and than a lot of shit happens at the Police Station. Hehehe....!! This idiot who ordered the drug test gone the next day back to a issan police station.