〓 Help please 〓 A 5000B bike, is it worth buying?

levenisme

Well, I bought a Kawa 150 stroker for less than 10 k. Then endless trouble began. The seller had been grinning like a maniac at the time.

I'vecome across such bikes and personally, wouldn't bother even for half the asking price. New piston and rings, new wheel and some other bearings. Brakes, ..., ... Forget it! Buy a decent Yamaha Spark or a Wave and you can get almost what you are paying now when you sell it a few years down the road.

• Like 1

My current scooter cost 5,000 baht, lots of broken bits, ran like a dog.

Got the local boys in the bike shop to fit a Thai (not Honda) replacement carb.

Goes like expletive deleted!

No one would even think of stealing it.

A brilliant bike.

PS

Forgot to say that I can carry a big gas bottle from the shops and a passenger as well.

I have had it loaded up with many bricks and a big bag of sand/cement and I don´t have to worry about scratching a nice paint job!

Finally

With a ride like this - Farang No Money!

Not worth robbing.....

Edited by laislica
  • Like 1

A brilliant bike.

PS

Forgot to say that I can carry a big gas bottle from the shops and a passenger as well.

I have had it loaded up with many bricks and a big bag of sand/cement and I don´t have to worry about scratching a nice paint job!

Finally

Not worth robbing.....

No beautiful gf either:lol:

A brilliant bike.

PS

Finally

Not worth robbing.....

How did you know?

I have a beautiful wife!

• Like 1

Well, I bought a Kawa 150 stroker for less than 10 k. Then endless trouble began. The seller had been grinning like a maniac at the time.

I'vecome across such bikes and personally, wouldn't bother even for half the asking price. New piston and rings, new wheel and some other bearings. Brakes, ..., ... Forget it! Buy a decent Yamaha Spark or a Wave and you can get almost what you are paying now when you sell it a few years down the road.

Apples and oranges, really. While old two strokes are in general better than four strokes, the key to what he's looking at is that it is a Honda Nova.

While far from my favorite old two stroke, the Honda Nova/Tena was probably the height of reliability and practicality for this technology, the Tena in particular being pretty much the last two stroke Honda made before the sad day when it was outlawed in Thailand.

Tenas still have lots of parts readily available, unlike your extremely rare Kawasaki. Replacing or rebuilding almost anything on either a Tena or the older Nova model (which can use mostly the same parts) is astonishingly cheap and easy.

Thus, while there is a high chance the old bike the OP is looking just needs to be driven hard every day to 'fix it', he really can't 'go wrong' since rebuilding every mechanical part of the bike to a functional standard would cost about 2,000 baht. And to my eye, in the pic he provided, the bike looked to be in very good shape for a 5,000 baht bike.

A brilliant bike.

PS

Finally

Not worth robbing.....

How did you know?

I have a beautiful wife!

how do we know? if you dont post a photo of your beautiful wifebiggrin.png

• Like 1