Tennis Fans?

I've been watching the whole thing from the start. As much as I prefer Federer to win, I must say that from the what I've seen, I do not give Federer much of a chance. Nadal plays nearly the same quality as on clay (The grass courts have been redesigned to a slower ball speed) and given his incredible fighting spirit he will overcome whatever he lacks in specific grass experience.

I also noticed that Federer has a kind of build in fail trigger in his mental set up. He tends to loose concentration around the 2nd (half way) or the 3rd set. That is exactly the point where Nadal tends to grow into his best play...

But I sure hope it will be an exciting match, not such a disappointment as with Mauresmo-Henin.

I've been watching the whole thing from the start. As much as I prefer Federer to win, I must say that from the what I've seen, I do not give Federer much of a chance. Nadal plays nearly the same quality as on clay (The grass courts have been redesigned to a slower ball speed) and given his incredible fighting spirit he will overcome whatever he lacks in specific grass experience.

I also noticed that Federer has a kind of build in fail trigger in his mental set up. He tends to loose concentration around the 2nd (half way) or the 3rd set. That is exactly the point where Nadal tends to grow into his best play...

But I sure hope it will be an exciting match, not such a disappointment as with Mauresmo-Henin.

I see your point, but, the last 2 matches Federer has played near perfection, completely wiping out Henmen & the Swed..

This is his his favorite surface too. I must say I am anoid by nadal for his fist pumping on every point. I think there may be some mind games involved. But, I think nadal succeeds for his high topspin, which gives him a bigger margin for error than other players, & he's quick. So we will have to see tonight.. I prefer the humble Federer to win.

Wow you sure know your tennis!!! any other predictions?

By now you know I was wrong, i'm happy to say so...

But again the second set was very tight and in my mind Federer was a bit lucky to get away with it. The 3rd showed what both can do and not do and in the 4th Nadal simply made too many unforced(?) errors. The question mark is for my doubt on the classification of unforced. Experience from my active tennis time tells me that many of the so called unforced errors are actuale really enforced by your opponent.

Great match and the best man of the day won. Look forward to next year and hope Federer makes it 5 in a row...

YES !!

The Federer express does it again.

I think a lot of it comes down to the unforced errors.

I did not expect 6-0 in any set ! I was jumping for joy when I witnessed this psychological blow.

That made my night when the final point was won.

I am always amazed at how cool & calm Federer appears to be in all his matches, not to mention the finesse & grace he has. Sounds silly, but I find it very inspirational, & try to apply it to what I do.

capt.c7b443be9c294d4fac4c93e834ff7f92.britain_wimbledon_tennis_xwim181.jpg