Non-Immigrant B without workpermit still ok?

Are you using your 90 days and then a quick in and out? If so, you may look like you're working illegally.

OR

Are you leaving Thailand regularly for a period of a few weeks?

You don't need a work permit if you're not working. A non B will do fine.

But how does your story appear to the immigration agent. If it looks like you're only in Thailand...

well, you get my point.

Either way, tell us how it goes. First hand info is better then the barrage of rumors and misleading headlines.

just did my 90 day run with my non "B". no problems and no questions. Wasn't asked to show WP. The only questions (which are always asked) where was I going. I just said "Pom bai bon, khup" They asked where was home and I told them. And that was at the army check point.

On August 4th, I made the border run to Burma by Ranong. Passing the immigration pretend I show the work permit with the passport.

Thank god my wife had scanned the document and the officers downloaded it from her phone, otherwise they wanted to send me back to Samui with the excuse that these were the "new rules" in force from about a month before,

It's the first time. never happen before.

I have a multiple Non-B without work permit - same as for last several years - just went out/in again at Maesai/Tachileik a few days ago without any questions asked - everything normal as usual - except I was the only white caucasian person to be seen on both sides of the border

You will be Okay,That's the way I have done it last year. I had a Non Imm B with No WP stating that the Visa was for WORK AND OR TRAVEL.Now I have a Retirement Extension followed up on the non B..No problem on the 90 day border run if they ask you tell them that you;; traveling and on Private business;;

Yupp you can have a business visa without workpermit. No problem and can still do visa run. I just entered through suvarnabhumi with my buddy yesterday from his visa run yesterday no questions asked. If you don't want to do the visa run you can even get a sponsored workpermit and not take out a salary but pay the tax for that what a minimum salary would be for your nationality. If I remember correctly is about 2500 baht per month if your european and you don't have to do visaruns anymore only report to you local immigration office to confirm your address every now and then and a friend of mine does this and he just joined the club and got his recidency permit in the beginning of this year. Not cheap but now we never have to get a visa again as long we live.

Recidency + workpermit = no problem.

In the seven years I have had a multi-entry Non-Imm B visa I have twice been asked to show my WP. This was long before the current crack downs. Once was at the Sadao border and the second time was at Swampy. So you just never know. Luckily I always have it with me when I leave the country just in case.

I was asked to show my WP a few days ago on a border run to Andaman Club. I didn't have it but had a copy and some other WP paperwork and they let me pass. On the way back in, I saw another guy having the same problem...not sure if he made it through or not. I've been in and out of the country maybe 10 times with the same visa and never been asked to show my WP. The IO said the rules changed on 13 June.