Thai drivers license: big motorbike?

spoonzor

Today I converted my Dutch license to a two Thai driver licenses.
One has the icons for car, pickup truck and van, the other has an icon for a motorbike.

In the Netherlands we have 3 categories of motorbikes, my license is valid for all 3 of them (moped, light bike up to 25kw and big bike over 25kw).

Does Thailand have any categories for different types of motorcycles? (for example, under 125cc and over 125cc etc).

Am I allowed, just like in the Netherlands, to drive a 1300cc big bike with this license?

post-142914-0-69446600-1408442032_thumb.

post-142914-0-69446600-1408442032_thumb.

you converted your licence ? does that mean i can take my driving licence and go and just get it converted to a thai one with no tests or anything?

Secondly would i get a motor bike one too as I have the motor cycle ability on my licence, I can drive upto a 125 without L plates its a uk licence?

you converted your licence ? does that mean i can take my driving licence and go and just get it converted to a thai one with no tests or anything?

Secondly would i get a motor bike one too as I have the motor cycle ability on my licence, I can drive upto a 125 without L plates its a uk licence?

Yes you just go and convert, the only tests you take is the reaction and color vision tests.

However if you don't have a proper UK bike license, you can't get one here without taking a full test but it's easy so don't be discouraged.

• Like 1

Yes you just go and convert, the only tests you take is the reaction and color vision tests.

However if you don't have a proper UK bike license, you can't get one here without taking a full test but it's easy so don't be discouraged.

TY :) one more question were do you go to get this done and whats the cost im in Bangkok ?

TY smile.png one more question were do you go to get this done and whats the cost im in Bangkok ?

It's been some years since I got mine so don't remember, but search the forum, there are plenty of topics explaining what you need to get your license.

Last time I did mine in Chonburi, cost wise - don't worry about it, you'll need a medical certificate saying you're fit for riding/driving in Thailand (any clinic can provide you with one), as well you'll need your work permit or residence certificate

• Like 1

I converted my UK lic.(car + bike) some time ago. First, you get a 1-year lic, then you'll get the 5-year one.

Bring you passport, work permit or cert. of residence (from immigration or your embassy), health certificate + copies

Tests (color, periph. eyesight, reaction time) are quite easy

Total time: less than 2 hours

Additional benefit: you'll get the local tariff at some venues / events (zoo, oceanworld Siam Paragon, etc.). These "discounts" pay for the DL smile.png

Except of course that sometimes you can. I did, in Udon a year ago. Edited by Wong!

In Pattaya you need all the docs as described in earlier posts. You still need to do the eye test color chart , peripheral & reaction test . No actual driving test for either a car or bike if you have a current lic. in your country & I had to give my international permit as well. But I am not sure if that was cause my Motorcycle endorsement lapsed in Hawaii.Pretty painless if you have the right copies. Where a decent shirt they don't like Tank tops (at least in Pattaya area)