Honda Forza - Seat doesn't open

Ozgur

Thank you for your suggestion.

I know many dealers to go however I would appreciate if anyone has ever had or heard the same problem or have an idea which can be a guide before going to mechanic shop. Thus, I can know the problem and solution so that i can avoid being ripped off.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I know many dealers to go however I would appreciate if anyone has ever had or heard the same problem or have an idea which can be a guide before going to mechanic shop. Thus, I can know the problem and solution so that i can avoid being ripped off.

I am almost certain that it comes with a 3 year warranty that should cover the problem that you are having. And I don't think it has been 3 years since the Forza was first introduced in Thailand, so "being ripped off" should not be an issue -- just be sure to bring your warranty and maintenance book with you, which is probably locked in the compartment under your seat .....

The switch is mechanical rather than electronic, I think (at least it feels mechanical). So, I expect that the wire that connects the switch to the seat latch has come unfastened at the switch or latch end, and needs to be reconnected. Probably less than B100 to repair (assuming that the switch itself is not defective) if it is not covered by the warranty, so I would lose much sleep over it or worry about being ripped off. And the warranty is almost certain to cover the cost of the repair in any event.

I could manage my time to go to the dealer. It took them about 20mins to fix. I hope it wont be broken again and now will be afraid putting stuff under seat :)

Thanks for your replies.

The string got unhooked I believe. I just watched them. We couldnt communicate due to language issue :) One guy used a metal string and bended the tip as a hook and the other guy stuck something under the seat from the top and could open and fixed the string.

Kind Regards,

Ozzie

The string got unhooked I believe. I just watched them. We couldnt communicate due to language issue smile.png One guy used a metal string and bended the tip as a hook and the other guy stuck something under the seat from the top and could open and fixed the string.

Kind Regards,

Ozzie

Did the steel cable pull out of the end piece (meaning they had to fasten a new end piece on) or did the end piece of the steel cable come out of the latching mechanism?

The first part would indicate a manufacturing defect...the second could be a problem with something that was loaded under the seat and knocked it out.

I dont know exactly how they fixed and what happened. They were about to close and 4 technicians worked on the bike :). It was done 5 mins before they went home and they had to clean the place as well as to drag all the bikes(about 20) to the workshop. The language was another issue therefore we wouldnt be able to communicate anyway. I ll ask them somehow when I go there next time.

Kind Regards,

Ozzie