Israel PM vows further Gaza campaign

webfact

Gaza conflict: Israel PM Netanyahu vows further campaign

JERUSALEM: -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has vowed a continued campaign against Gaza militants, amid renewed fighting between the two sides.

Israel's military says it carried out 92 air strikes on Wednesday in response to 137 rockets fired from Gaza.

Hamas says the wife and child of its military commander, Mohammed Deif, were killed in an Israeli strike on Tuesday.

Hostilities resumed on Tuesday, with both sides blaming each other for the collapse of peace talks in Cairo.

Six weeks of fierce fighting have left at least 2,103 people dead.

Egypt has expressed "profound regret" at the end of the 10-day period of calm during the talks, and said it will continue to try to secure a lasting truce.

Meanwhile, the 15-member UN Security Council has voiced "grave concern" at the resumption of the hostilities and "called upon the parties to resume negotiations to urgently reach a sustainable and lasting ceasefire".

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28871703

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-08-21

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been re-reading the letter of Menahem Begin to Jimmy Carter in 1981.

An example of courage and firm belief.

Bibi needs to change his nappies to raise up to the challenge.

For those interested - it is available on the net.

As long as Hamas keep violating ceasefires and keep shooting rockets into Israel, the military campaign will continue - as it should. Hamas are terrorists. Get 'em Bibi. thumbsup.gif

Maybe you should change your avatar. A big smiley face doesn't go well with your constant evil wishes for the murder of women and children and for war in general.

Maybe you should educate yourself on the REAL evil in this World......and its NOT Israel.

Yeah....repeat viewings of James Foley's decapitation video might help in that direction.coffee1.gif

James Foley's death is tragic but has nothing to do with Israel and Gaza. Isreal is the evil empire strutting around like a wolf in sheeps clothing. I wonder how long they would maintain their attitude if the western leaders stopped supporting them? And as a matter of fact I do not understand why well still support them.

• Like 1

I wonder how long they would maintain their attitude if the western leaders stopped supporting them?

They had very little help or support in the beginning, but when they were attacked, by 5 huge Arab armies, they kicked butt and took names. My guess is that they would not change their attitude at all, if Western leaders stopped supporting them - although they might stop being so careful about how they conduct strikes.

However, America will support them for the nest few decades - at least. Their economy has improved considerably and keeps getting better. Soon they will need no help.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Yeah....repeat viewings of James Foley's decapitation video might help in that direction.coffee1.gif

As long as Hamas keep violating ceasefires and keep shooting rockets into Israel, the military campaign will continue - as it should. Hamas are terrorists. Get 'em Bibi. thumbsup.gif

Maybe you should change your avatar. A big smiley face doesn't go well with your constant evil wishes for the murder of women and children and for war in general. Maybe you should educate yourself on the REAL evil in this World......and its NOT Israel.

James Foley's death is tragic but has nothing to do with Israel and Gaza. Isreal is the evil empire strutting around like a wolf in sheeps clothing. I wonder how long they would maintain their attitude if the western leaders stopped supporting them? And as a matter of fact I do not understand why well still support them.

Maybe they have their own interests in mind.

The question is why you support them?

They would never support you or your 'tribe'.

That would be unthinkable to them.

I don't support THEM. I defend their right to their homeland that was stolen from them and I would defend any tribe treated this way. And I am against terrorism in any form from any nation including the USA and the UK. Nato and the UK were initially responsible for this and have defended their unrighteous positions ever since. Maybe they would not support me or my tribe, but that fact does not change my beliefs.

Israel should never have been established in the first place.

Well it WAS and it is a thriving democracy with one of the best armies in the world. It is not going anywhere

I would not call it thriving nor a democracy. There are more than 50 Israeli laws that discriminate against Palestinian citizens of Israel in all areas of life, including their rights to political participation, access to land, education, state budget resources, and criminal procedures.

it's a paranoid,psychopathic, pariah country propped up by its sole ally the USA..and more young Americans educated via social media are beginning to question that blind allegiance too. Eventually the Boycott Israel campaign will bring it down.

So much for Israeli intelligence... when peace and prosperity is just an eviction of a few nutjob West Bank colonists away.

I agree..Israel is certainly not going anywhere

• Like 2

As long as Israel will not return the illegaly stolen lands I don't blame hamas for fighting. If I had the money I would give them weapons and traing equal to that of Israel, at least then it might be a fair fight. Netanyahu is nothing short of a terrorist leading an expansionist government

learning the history of the Mid east conflict will go a long way towards understanding the issue here,

NO LAND WAS STOLEN... there was a war in 1967 and the participating Arab countries has lost

ground and land... so what is stolen here???

• Like 1

Here's my last word on the subject. It the only fact we really need.

Nearly every country in the world evolved from another scenario. Would that we could fine tune allegiances to suit our individual fancies. Perhaps Manchuria would revert to being a state of Japan, Burma would be English, Ethiopia would be part of Italy, Tibet would be independent, Singapore would be part of Malaya, ....and so on. But for the brief 5,000 years that people have been the dominant species on Earth, military might has usually been the deciding factor. Israel is keeping that tradition going, though with slight alterations: Israel could have kept the Golan Heights which it took from Syria. It could have kept the Sinai Peninsula, instead of giving it back to Egypt. Israel, using military might, could expel all Palistinians from Gaza and the West Bank if chose to do so. It doesn't, because it's seeking a political solution. Palestinians aren't and prove it by continually not agreeing to options put forth by mediators. Or they appear to agree, then walk out of negotiations, and resume fighting. It's a like a boxer who loses a fight, but continues to get up and continues to get bloodied and knocked down.
  • Like 1

Well it WAS and it is a thriving democracy with one of the best armies in the world. It is not going anywhere

I would not call it thriving nor a democracy. There are more than 50 Israeli laws that discriminate against Palestinian citizens of Israel in all areas of life, including their rights to political participation, access to land, education, state budget resources, and criminal procedures.

it's a paranoid,psychopathic, pariah country propped up by its sole ally the USA..and more young Americans educated via social media are beginning to question that blind allegiance too. Eventually the Boycott Israel campaign will bring it down.

So much for Israeli intelligence... when peace and prosperity is just an eviction of a few nutjob West Bank colonists away.

People like the Op and his ilk, just can't see a Jew protect him self in his own country, they use to

see them persecuted, driven out, gassed, hanged, butchers and burned in oven and their body fat's

turned in to soap right??

you have got it right buddy, Israel isn't going anywhere, if the Palestinians want to be a part of peace

process and assimilate to the region modern day demography that be it, if not, they will keep on

dying like flies for the folly and power games of the Hamas leaders...

As long as Israel will not return the illegaly stolen lands I don't blame hamas for fighting. If I had the money I would give them weapons and traing equal to that of Israel, at least then it might be a fair fight. Netanyahu is nothing short of a terrorist leading an expansionist government

learning the history of the Mid east conflict will go a long way towards understanding the issue here,

NO LAND WAS STOLEN... there was a war in 1967 and the participating Arab countries has lost

There was an ATTEMPTED EVICTION in 1967 that sadly failed. But that does not change the wrongs or inequalities of the 1947 NATO agreement. A far greater number of Palestinians were left with a lot less land than a few Israelis. the land WAS STOLEN in 1947. This is not the jewish promised land which they oft quote as their right to be there. There is no bloody God that talks to mere humans now and there never has been. promised land, what a load of El Toro Poo Poo. And which history are you referring too? History is written by the winners and it is always biased. For instance, if you were to read the Japanes version of WW2 you will find it differs from the winning team's version. And as we have seen history is constantly being re-written.

There was an ATTEMPTED EVICTION in 1967 that sadly failed. But that does not change the wrongs or inequalities of the 1947 NATO agreement.

ALL the ATTEMPTED EVICTIONS have failed and the Palestinians REJECTED the UN Resolution that would have given them their own country for the first time in history. That is why they don't have a pot to piss in today.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

Even if Israel fit those adjectives you throw at it (which it doesn't), is that reason for its neighbors to want its demise? Would you like to do a comparative study of Middle East countries, to gauge their relative levels of decency and democracy? I didn't think so. We could even drag African and Asian countries in to the mix, but then we would really be opening a can of worms.
  • Like 2

The Palestinians did not willingly agree to give up the land in 1947.

The land was not theirs to "give up". It was Britain's and before that, the Ottoman Empire's. They refused the UN deal that would have given them their own nation and they have had nothing ever since.

• Like 2

There was an ATTEMPTED EVICTION in 1967 that sadly failed. But that does not change the wrongs or inequalities of the 1947 NATO agreement. A far greater number of Palestinians were left with a lot less land than a few Israelis. the land WAS STOLEN in 1947. This is not the jewish promised land which they oft quote as their right to be there. There is no bloody God that talks to mere humans now and there never has been. promised land, what a load of El Toro Poo Poo. And which history are you referring too? History is written by the winners and it is always biased. For instance, if you were to read the Japanes version of WW2 you will find it differs from the winning team's version. And as we have seen history is constantly being re-written.

History is written on TVF as well - there was no NATO in 1947.

• Like 1

So now, according to you, the Japanese were the oppressed one? the one that were done wrong to?

what on earth can a Japanese narrative can be? that they didn't pillage and massacred their way in to China and the far east? THERE WERE THE GOOD GUYS? your argument doesn't hold water and there

is no way to convince a hater, and that's is the different between the Israelis and the Arabs, the Israelis

don't hate the Arabs, while the same can't be said about the Arabs...

• Like 1

You would not call it a democracy only if you consider democracy to be a binary concept. I think most people would regard democracy as a matter of degree, and see some countries as more (or less) democratic than others. While relative to the Western standard of democracy, Israel is probably lacking, that does not quite make it undemocratic. At the same time, Israel's democracy operates on very different conditions compared with most Western countries, and therefore faces more challenges.

Blanket statements regarding Israeli laws, while linking to the home page of Adalah is not necessarily a strong argument. Nor did previous posts (on other topics) in which you tried to demonstrate this prove very knowledgeable about actual facts and conditions. There is a certain amount of discrimination toward the Arab minority in Israel - this much is true. It is not quite as horrid or state sponsored as some would portray, but obviously not on par with how things are done at the West.

The "few" illegal settlers count in the hundreds of thousands, and this is but one hurdle on the road to peace. Narrowing it all down to simple propositions does not make reality simple.