Rain gutters

sendbaht

Hi all, the time as come where I would like to have some rain gutters installed.

Any recommendations on installers here in Chiang Mai please let me know.

Will try Home Pro and other places if needed.

Like to have someone come out give me a quot and get it done.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by sendbaht

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can highly recommend this company http://www.altiraingutters.com

Ask for Allbert.

We did our place, was around 120,000 for 370 sqm. Works well, looks great, tough as nails, 15 year warranty.

attachicon.gifDSC01103.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC01104.JPG

I can only second DamNaam's recommendation. Not cheap but worth the money. In ten years - and as it looks also the next ten years - not a single problem.

Just want I needed DaamNaam, thanks a bunch!

and daam naam,price of 325 baht per lineal metre is a excellent for a very nice peice of work,in quality and fitting

sendbaht just a small tip,perhaps asked for a wire gauze cover,to fit over the main gutters ,to stop the birds building their nests,and tree leaves(if any)filling them up

and saves u from the ardous task of removing the leaves every year

a nice evening to allsmile.png

You are most welcome.

If you want cheap (aka galvanised) you may get 5-7 years out of it, if you're lucky.

Alti's are guaranteed for 15 years.

Out of all the things we had done building our new house Albert and Co were at the top of the list. 10/10

and daam naam,price of 325 baht per lineal metre is a excellent for a very nice peice of work,in quality and fitting

seems like you converted DaamNaam's square meters to lineal meters so maybe there is a little error here

suppose he did have 352 lineal meters, that would be a house of approximately 80 meters on a side if square which would be a very sizable house 6400 square meters!!

If it were rectangular say 40 meters on two sides and then the other two sides would be about 120 meters for area of 4800 square meters, still quite large.

Do you really think that guys with houses that size would be messing about on this forum? Do you think there are houses that size in CM?

Of course, I could be way off the mark considering that DaamNaam might have wrapped rain gutters around his house 8 or ten times accounting for the unusual length.

seems like you converted DaamNaam's square meters to lineal meters so maybe there is a little error here

suppose he did have 352 lineal meters, that would be a house of approximately 80 meters on a side if square which would be a very sizable house 6400 square meters!!

If it were rectangular say 40 meters on two sides and then the other two sides would be about 120 meters for area of 4800 square meters, still quite large.

Do you really think that guys with houses that size would be messing about on this forum? Do you think there are houses that size in CM?

Of course, I could be way off the mark considering that DaamNaam might have wrapped rain gutters around his house 8 or ten times accounting for the unusual length.

you are bang on dante,my appologies to all for my error

in fact laying back on my lazy boy,havng a icy cold beerlao dark, i said to myself i have fluffed up here big time etc etc on my post

perhaps daam naam can give the lineal metres to get the lineal price,at a guess at least double my botch up figure

but a super job done never the less, many thks dante 99 for bringing up my mistake , now for another beer lao darkbiggrin.png

My "el cheapo" "galvanized" gutter (only needed on one side) is still good after 8 years. If it fails tomorrow & I need to replace every 8 years I'll be happy & money in the bank (or investments earning money). Cost about 4000 baht for 15.5 m plus 2 storey down pipes.

Edited by MESmith

our galvo gutters (approx 250 lineal metres)are into their eighth year,and are in fine fettle,and i would suspect them to see me out

since doing our orignal planning(2006) other guttering products and companys have came onto the market in c/mai,(hence daam* get over it* naam,fine job)

which gives you a better range to choose from , plus good quality ,and a nice fit

i would follow, get over it lead here,instead of galvos,if your budget allows you to do so,but each to their own

j.m.o. and a nice morning to allbiggrin.png

I would also go with Albert's Alti Gutters:

1. These are better looking than the cheapo zinc things

2. They have large capacity to deal with monsson water

3. We've had ours 4 years and no problem.

4. Albert's a nice guy. He rides a bicycle.

I would also go with Albert's Alti Gutters:

1. These are better looking than the cheapo zinc things

2. They have large capacity to deal with monsson water

3. We've had ours 4 years and no problem.

4. Albert's a nice guy. He rides a bicycle.

And he roasts some of Northern Thailand's best coffee beans.. http://www.alti-coffee.com

and I bet his favorite color is Orange.:))

Happy to hear he rides bicycle. One of the buildings I want gutters on his a freshly built little bike shop.

our galvo gutters (approx 250 lineal metres)

this post is just for clarification purposes.to dispell the doubts of a member(whose post was removed) who disputes that the above number(approx 250 lineal metres)was bull dust

our property has 7 seperate buildings,as follows

gardiners /storage house

4 car garage

large sala

guest house

kitchen

laundry

main house

please note ,my approx lineal measurements.includes down pipessmile.png

over to you g/v resident

Edited by evenstevens

this post is just for clarification purposes.to dispell the doubts of a member(whose post was removed) who disputes that the above number(approx 250 lineal metres)was bull dust

gardiners /storage house

4 car garage

large house

kitchen

laundry

main house

over to you g/v resident

Like you evenstevens, ours are seperate buldings. Gardiners/storage house...I'm the gardner..3 car carport (wish it was a garage) Kitchen/sala on top and the guest house which we live in..we do not even have a main house yet...still wanted to get it started...I can see 250ms with all you have going on there...sounds like a nice place.

gardiners /storage house

4 car garage

large house

kitchen

laundry

main house

over to you g/v resident

Like you evenstevens, ours are seperate buldings. Gardiners/storage house...I'm the gardner..3 car carport (wish it was a garage) Kitchen/sala on top and the guest house which we live in..we do not even have a main house yet...still wanted to get it started...I can see 250ms with all you have going on there...sounds like a nice place.

yes it does nt take many seperate buildings to amass a cricket score in guttering lineal metres,the other member obviously cannot think outside the boxsmile.png

perhaps biased,but we do have a very nice place in the foothills of maerim (out in the boonies to our very lovely nancy Lbiggrin.pnglaugh.png )our builds sit on a two and half rai peice of dirt on a spur of a hill

made a enquiry y/day,a pal of mine quite sometime back , used daam naams recommended gutterer,and has nothing but kind words for them

the very best of luck, for the rest of your build,and a very nice morning to allbiggrin.png

If you get galvanised gutters water must NOT sit in them under old leaves they will get holes in no time I was surprised at their low quality...thoug I paid for the so called "better" quality. No doubt if they are perfectly clean and nicely sloped so they are nearly always dry they will last a while.

BTW I have twice patched multiple pinholes in mine with bitumastic paste (Flintkote?) and canvas to keep them going another couple of years at a time.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Edited by cheeryble

gardiners /storage house

4 car garage

large house

kitchen

laundry

main house

over to you g/v resident

yes it does nt take many seperate buildings to amass a cricket score in guttering lineal metres,the other member obviously cannot think outside the boxsmile.png

perhaps biased,but we do have a very nice place in the foothills of maerim (out in the boonies to our very lovely nancy Lbiggrin.pnglaugh.png )our builds sit on a two and half rai peice of dirt on a spur of a hill

made a enquiry y/day,a pal of mine quite sometime back , used daam naams recommended gutterer,and has nothing but kind words for them

the very best of luck, for the rest of your build,and a very nice morning to allbiggrin.png

Thanks so much...you know we are located near the Mae Rim foothills also..as a crow flies...1k from Mae Sa waterfall north..1k form the Sala Cafe south...maybe we are neighboors. ya never know...Will call Albert Monday thanks to all of you and daam naams recommendtation.

Well Arbert came out as planned. First..what a nice man. Very honest and up front. I don't think he was to impressed with my roof choice but

he being polite kept it to himself.smile.png

I need to do some modifications. Like cute about 7cm off the overhang where ever I want rain gutters. Not a big deal really.

Do want to say, when we build our house I will use tile not this sheet type roof but it was cost effective at the time. But, again this was just for a Thai sala and a little workshop....

I do look forward to doing business with Albert. Thanks again all for the recomantation.

post-10139-0-32667900-1409216249_thumb.j

post-10139-0-54893500-1409216266_thumb.j

Edited by sendbaht

• 8 months later...

Can anyone recommend where to get reasonably priced rain gutters here in CM.

Home Pro sell a vinyl product for 500 for a 3 m length ...... which is great. Only problem - you can have any colour so long as it is white.

I need brown. I think painting vinyl is probalby going to end in tears.

I'll even go for galvanized if I must ...... any suggestions where? I'm not in the market for the 900 baht / m version.

Thanks.

I have seen a brown vinyl guttering somewhere in CM. Give me a few days and Ill locate it. Its either Global or Home Mall out near Home Pro SanSai. Will come back with prices and location.

Edited by CMKiwi

Ok I tracked them down. Home Mall out San Sai way has the brown vinyl guttering. Brand is VG...and Im not saying that stands for very good. Its just the brand name. 4m length is 570 baht, corner brackets 280b, down mold 185b, gutter joiner 60b, hanger that joins to roof area 57b, down pipe 320b. Over all its not a cheap system but may prove more economical in the long term. Id also haggle if buying a house load of guttering.

Good luck

Edited by CMKiwi

Ok I tracked them down. Home Mall out San Sai way has the brown vinyl guttering. Brand is VG...and Im not saying that stands for very good. Its just the brand name. 4m length is 570 baht, corner brackets 280b, down mold 185b, gutter joiner 60b, hanger that joins to roof area 57b, down pipe 320b. Over all its not a cheap system but may prove more economical in the long term. Id also haggle if buying a house load of guttering.

Good luck

Thanks CMKiwi,

I pass Home Mall almost every day ....... I even go in and browse once in a while ...... this may be one occasion when I actually buy something there. It is a bit of an odd place.

Much appreciate your efforts.

mcm

Good luck

Thanks CMKiwi,

I pass Home Mall almost every day ....... I even go in and browse once in a while ...... this may be one occasion when I actually buy something there. It is a bit of an odd place.

Much appreciate your efforts.

mcm

Yes it is a strange place. Lots of staff doin fak all. As per normal in most big stores. But every now and then they actually have something that other stores dont. But again that's the exception.

Plastic? Ok do your own research on this one.( upvc)

Did you see it 5yr ago? 10yr ago?

Its a western money spinner in my opinion.

A bit like water and wood they dont go together.

Sunshine heat and plastic is the same. In the sun upvc degredates and becomes brittle. If it has a colour thats the first to disappear even in thr uk black becomes grey very quick.

Then theres the annoyance of the noisy expansion and contraction of plastic leading to leaking joints.

One piece rolled aluminium at circa 250bt/m to a profile of your choice is the way to go imho.

And you can paint it to any colour you want..

Zinc Galv steel also ok if the guage isnt too thin but aesthetically not as pleasing.

As with everything tastes and opinions dont suit everyone.

Plastic? Ok do your own research on this one.( upvc)

Did you see it 5yr ago? 10yr ago?

Its a western money spinner in my opinion.

A bit like water and wood they dont go together.

Sunshine heat and plastic is the same. In the sun upvc degredates and becomes brittle. If it has a colour thats the first to disappear even in thr uk black becomes grey very quick.

Then theres the annoyance of the noisy expansion and contraction of plastic leading to leaking joints.

One piece rolled aluminium at circa 250bt/m to a profile of your choice is the way to go imho.

And you can paint it to any colour you want..

Zinc Galv steel also ok if the guage isnt too thin but aesthetically not as pleasing.

As with everything tastes and opinions dont suit everyone.

Point taken, eyecatcher.

Can you suggest where I can get these aluminium gutters of which you speak?

Always good to have choices.

Cheers,