buying a new moped. steps involved..

davidst01

I write to ask what are the steps involved with buying a new moped. What docs does the dealer issue after payment. What do I have to take to the motor registry.

Does the dealer provide free insurances as the same when buying a new car?

Can you recommend the best brand of moped? I dont want such a big engine but unsure about engine sizes to be honest.

Any info is appreciated. I can ride auto or geared

When you buy a moped;

You need a certification of residence from the Immigration to register the bike on your name.

First, you will get the red garage license plate. After about 2 months, the white license plate should be ready and the shop will replace it for you. Also the government insurance should then be ready. The green book takes up to 3 months.

While you drive with the red plate, keep the invoice from your shop with you, in case, you get stopped in a checkpoint.

I bought 4 months ago the Yamaha Nouvo SX. 125ccm. At least for me, perfect for a city like Pattaya. I bought a theft insurance for 2500 Baht / 2 Years. If my bike get stolen, they would pay me back 80%.

Edited by alocacoc

Moped!!!!!

That's a funky name that I havnt heard of in the last few decades.

220px-NSU_Quickly.jpg

YES! That's the one, my mother used to bring me to school the first few times, just until I could remember the way. She inherited it from her father, but it was the grey model. It had saddle bags for my legs, safe from the rear wheel spokes... Oh man, the late 50's...

why buy new. a 6 to 9 month bike is a saving of easy 40% on new cost with about 4 t0 5000km on the clock. still under warranty!

dont bother with gears,auto is so easy. honda -yamaha- 100cc to 135cc cant go wrong.when you think you have found the one for you ,hire one for 3 days to see if you are happy.If you need help send me an email with pleasure

]

I always get a kick out of people that call these motorbikes "mopeds". Should be a comment on their age I would imagine. It was called a moped because it had pedals to get it going. Don't try to pedal one of these motorbikes. Please rent one near a large, empty parking lot first. Several times. Then enjoy and have fun....

If you need steps to drive a moped, you should not be driving. wink.png

Please read the WHOLE OP before making stupid comments, moron, he wasn't asking HOW to ride a small motorcycle, only how to buy one, his exact last words were to quote

"I can ride auto or geared"

Please read the WHOLE OP before making stupid comments, moron, he wasn't asking HOW to ride a small motorcycle, only how to buy one, his exact last words were to quote

Who is the MORON.

Did you not see the wink.png at the end? your the moron. Idiots like you, never see the funny side of anything.crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Who is the MORON.

Did you not see the wink.png at the end? your the moron. Idiots like you, never see the funny side of anything.crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

If your original post was supposed to be a funny joke, may I suggest you don't give up your day job, because you'll never make it as a comedian cheesy.gif

Has the OP complained?

63 posts and you consider yourself an expert. GROW UP. passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gi

Go on ebay and order yourself a sense of humour <deleted>. You know ebay don't you? it's where you bought that cheap Superman costume your wearing at the moment, you are, arn't you?

Thinking that the OP is in some sort of danger and you are the one to rescue him!

I don't have a day job, I retired at 46, with more than enough money and property to keep me and my family to which we are accustomed to.

I suggest, you stick your thumb up your ass and climb up to your elbow. mfr_closed1.gif.pagespeed.ce.UuJWYpOV2u.

Moped!!!!!

That's a funky name that I havnt heard of in the last few decades.

220px-NSU_Quickly.jpg

YES! That's the one, my mother used to bring me to school the first few times, just until I could remember the way. She inherited it from her father, but it was the grey model. It had saddle bags for my legs, safe from the rear wheel spokes... Oh man, the late 50's...

What I would not give to be able to buy one! That retro look is great not to mention that fact that it looks totally different from all the rest of the crowd... it has STYLE!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A moped can be peddled like a bicycle and is usually 50cc. I suggest the OP clarifies what he really wants?

That's the legal definition (still on the books) from my home State. Can get an operator's license for one at 14.

• Like 1