How much coasts Hair transplanting in Thailand?

Sandman77

Just recognized that I beginning to loose hair , very little just to cm in circle at the top of my head!

Here in the eu it would costs between 2000€ for little transplant and up to 10k euro for bigger area!

How much is it in Thailand ?

Is it better to begin early with the transplanting , does it realy work or only loose of money and pain?

Sandman, my dearest friend.

Thailand and the TVF are so eager to see you coming back.

During your absence our studies on Sandmanese has suffered a lot.

About how much it will "coast" you for transplant, you better go to a skin doctor first and find out if you have alopecia.

Just a cm of clear scalp, does not indicate general loss of hair.

But for us, you will always be a very hansum man, with or without hair.

A friend if mine did it and I must say I was amazed by the result.

I can say that this technique really works (maybe the only one that really works?...)

Not sure about the specifics but my friend told me he had to do 2 sessions at an average cost of THB80,000 per session. He also told me that the more hairs you have left, the better it will look. Indeed, they basically cut a band of skin from behind your head (you'll keep this scar for life BTW), strip the bulbs and then transplant each bulb, one by one to the area you want.

Another technique is to remove bulb by bulb, thus not leaving you a scar but it takes hours...

After each surgery, my friend had his head wrapped in bandages and a swollen face for a couple of days.

6 month later as hairs grew back, it looked really natural and no one could see the scar on the back of his head.

One important thing is that it doesn't stop baldness. My friend is planning to do some more sessions in the future as other areas are starting to get affected.

I don't know anything about practices in Thailand, but there is a place in Udon just 1 minute walk from the bus station. The sign is all in Thai other than "FUE" (which is Follicle Unit Extraction - or basically meaning one hair at a time rather than "doll hair" where they used to take plugs.

I can't quote prices or quality, I just know the place is there, but could probably enquire if you're interested. When I was 21 and balding this was a huge issue for me and did a lot of study. Now I'm middle aged and in Thailand I don't really care, since I have an 'ATM and a pocket full of hansum' (and good reputation of course). But seriously, if you'd prefer this route, there is a place there, I just don't know anyone that is a customer to ask for opinion from, but if you can get to Udon via bus, you are in the most literal sense less than a minute away from the place. If I could read Thai properly then I'd give you the name, but probably easier if I went in there and did my best Thai spoken rather than trying to understand the sign outside.

It's the job of an artist though, not just a surgeon, be mindful of that.

Thx for input!

I try to find my own way to handle the problem!

What food I should it to support the hair grow and what is avoid?

I read something a special shampoo with silizium inside could also recovery!

First I must check the government health insurance here, not sure got a part of operation coasts refounded or not

Dear Sandman,

there really is no going back once the process of male pattern baldness starts - unless you get castrated, or take the drug finasteride to slow it down. (It is good to know that it is your testosterone that causes it!)

If you do get a transplant now, make sure it is planned with the future in mind, as you will keep losing hair, and don't want little tufts growing out of your head in odd places 10 years from now, and not enough hair left that can be transplanted to cover the mistakes.

I remember the horror when I first started losing hair. But thank god I never got around to a hair transplant. I totally agree with the "Vin Diesel" suggestion (above). Easy. Cheap. And acceptably fashionable now that half of the men in the world shave their heads. You will, like me, probably grow to love your naked bonce! Have a practice - get a No.1 for the next few months before you commit to a hair transplant. Nothing to lose.

Thx for input!

I try to find my own way to handle the problem!

What food I should it to support the hair grow and what is avoid?

I read something a special shampoo with silizium inside could also recovery!

First I must check the government health insurance here, not sure got a part of operation coasts refounded or not

Sandman, why dont you just get a complete head transplant, problem solved ?

BTW goverment or private health insurance will not pay to put hair back on your head...

• Like 1

There was an article on one of the Pattaya TV stations recently about hair replacement techniques. I didn't pay much attention, but like many of their other "programs" it was replayed over and over and over again to the point I probably saw it a dozen times in a week.

It was mainly about the new(er) technique of hair replacement where a tiny hand-held drill bores around a hair follicle and a vacuum sucks it up. The procedure is then reversed and they drill a new hole in the "bald" area and the machine pops the "harvested" follicle into the hole with a small blast of gas. (I think there was mention about the drill being perhaps .8 mm wide or something to that effect).

Because it is such a small hole apparently it heals quickly and doesn't leave much in the way of a scar (and is hidden by the remaining hair). The results of one such procedure were shown as the (doctor ?) examined a customer and showed the area that had been harvested and the formerly bald area.

Problem is, in order to harvest enough follicles to cover a large bald area, you'd likely end up defoliating the other parts of your head that still had hair ! In this article, it was a (female) Thai (doctor ?) that was explaining the process. Later in the article they went on about a robotic procedure in which a machine does the harvesting and "replanting" by itself (more or less) while the technician just selects the target areas.

IIRC - the procedure wasn't cheap (50,000+ baht) but a lot depends on the technology used and the size of the area being treated of course.

I don't recall them mentioning anything about whether or not the transplanted hair would eventually fall out like the original hair did (and not likely to have any guarantees either). I see on that ARTAS website though that they expect the transplanted hair to be permanent.

If the clinic is using the latest robotic equipment, the cost will be higher no doubt. Just like when I had my eyes done. Because they had installed a new laser system, the price of the procedure had increased (by about 5,000 baht).

I had surgery in March 2010 and have been very pleased with the results.

I used Dr Damkerng who is based in Thailand and is one of the world's leading experts. He works out of Bumrungrad and Bangkok Hospital but I used his own clinic near Ari which is probably 20 percent cheaper. http://www.dhthairclinic.com/home.php.

there is a lot of stuff on the internet. You can see some case studies for him (or other doctors) at the following link

http://www.hairtrans...r2.asp?DrID=502

The cost was typically 85-120THB per graft depending upon number of grafts (including post treatment) and the Dr you use. Number of grafts depends how much you need, how much you have available from the back of your head and how much money you have! Generally they would try and get 20-50 grafts per cm2 compared to a normal full head of hair which is around 100 hairs per cm2. Each graft is usually 1-3 hairs

For myself, I had 3700 grafts (slightly more than 7500 hairs). The experience itself was not too bad and lasted about 8 hours. Dr Damkerng and his team are superb. You are given local anaesethtic and sleeping pills but to be honest I slept for about 2 hours and then chose to be awake and chatted with the staff or listened to my IPOD. Some ppl watch movies too! If you start to feel pain, you tell them and they top-up the anaesethtic. We had a break for food half way through and you can have more breaks if you wish.

Afterwards I took pain killers for the first night and you get a headband to wear for a few days to prevent swelling around the face. You can also wear a hat. After 1 week they remove stiches from the donor area and if you don't live in BKK that is the last time you need to see the Dr. Since I lived in Bangkok I went for a few additional checks

I had some discomfort during the first night from the donor area which the painkillers fixed. If you have your hair >1cm long at the back, it is difficult/impossible to see the donor scar from day 1. Because my hair was thinning at the front, rather than bald, I let them shave the front so that they could increase the density of the graft transplants, which means I had some longer lasting visual effects immediately after surgery (just looked like I had receded slightly more)

I would recommend planning to take it easy for a week after the transplant but after a couple of days I really had no pain from the donor area whatsoever. I would say I could have returned to work after 1-2 weeks with minimum visual impact. I brushed some remaining hair over the shaved area and to be honest, it looked like I receded a little more than before the op, but people I know could not notice any difference. After 2-3 weeks, the transplanted hairs start to fall out.

For the first two months post op I did not experience any pain in the transplanted area although it felt slightly numb (a common side effect they say goes away within around 6 months). Within 2-3 months, the transplanted hair started to grow and within 4-6 months the impact was very significant, slightly earlier than the 8 months that the Dr had advised for full results. I have relatively thick hair.

I thought long and hard about doing this and was very apprehensive on the day. for me I felt there were very limited long term downsides to having this procedure done, especially having selected Dr Damkerng who seems to be recognised around the world for his skills

I may need to go back for a "top up" due to ongoing thinning on my crown as the first procedure focused on the front of the head. However, I was well aware of this before I did the first procedure due to the pattern of my baldness. The staff are also very honest with you about what you would require. They suggested I take hair restoration medication to minimise further hair loss/need for one further transplant but this was not something I wanted to do and I would rather have a second transplant if required but no plans yet. I was 39 when I had the transplant

• Like 2

Farjo Hair clinic in Manchester is one of the best in the world and Dr Farjo is the one who they have on embarrassing bodies TV Programme to put other clinics botched up transplants right etc. Hes done many stars and footballers, he's probably more expensive but you cant take no chances, so have the best.

He is one of only 3 people in Europe who uses the Artas Robot system too.

Edited by charliewolf

Actually you can do it yourself for free pour honey on spot with hair missing find a cow and let cow lick honey off. There is something about homones that the cow licking your scalp. But restrict it to scalp only wouldn't want furry peter.cheesy.gif

I knew a guy who had a hair transplant. I knew him for around 10 years,you could see his tufts of hair in his scalp. It never got any better looking in all those years.

The besy transplant I have seen was Eddie Charlton,s the snooker player. Umfortunatley he has passed on. I think he had the job done in America.

• 2 weeks later...

I had my hair transplant about 25 years ago in Oklahoma, USA. It took three sessions by a great doctor, and I was very pleased. I been very lucky the last 25 years. No one can tell I had a transplant done unless I tell them about it....including girlfriends, friends, and even barbers. After 25 years, I think I need to get one more surgery to replace my slowly receding hairline.

I've not got any bald spots but there's an inverted v-shape on my crown which is really thin.

I guess a transplant would work as there's plenty round the back but it just seems way too horrible. The thought of a robot harvesting my follicles is like some kind of sci-fi nightmare. Finasteride is also a no no as the, admittedly small, chance of irreversible impotence is a risk I won't take.

So I've gone down the gym, full-beard and suntan route which seems to work a treat. I guess if you met a buxom woman with Angelina Jolie lips, you might not be too hung up on her hairstyle.

Or maybe I just look like an orange Grizzly Adams with inflated pecs and Prince Williams hair.

Maybe I need to find a beekeeper and some cows. Not easy in Bangkok.

I've not got any bald spots but there's an inverted v-shape on my crown which is really thin.

I guess a transplant would work as there's plenty round the back but it just seems way too horrible. The thought of a robot harvesting my follicles is like some kind of sci-fi nightmare. Finasteride is also a no no as the, admittedly small, chance of irreversible impotence is a risk I won't take.

So I've gone down the gym, full-beard and suntan route which seems to work a treat. I guess if you met a buxom woman with Angelina Jolie lips, you might not be too hung up on her hairstyle.

Or maybe I just look like an orange Grizzly Adams with inflated pecs and Prince Williams hair.

Maybe I need to find a beekeeper and some cows. Not easy in Bangkok.

Best to wear a doo rag. They look cool:

post-14882-1273153307_thumb.jpg
post-14882-1273153204_thumb.jpg

cheesy.gif

Let me guess you guys are all meat eaters?

I enjoy reading how bald you are getting, and the extravagant amounts of cash you are ready to part with.

Funny how they never have black people bald in Africa, and how when African men come to the States and eat our food they too become bold.

But obviously it's the testosterone wink wink wink.png,it's well know that African men are less virile giggle.gif

Let me guess, you are a trolling fanatical vegetarian who will attribute baldness and all other ailments to the eating of meat. cheesy.gif

Next.

Edited by JSixpack

I had mine carried out 10 years ago in a reputable French run clinic in Mauritius. Fly in bald, fly out 7 days later with the first of the new hair pushing its way through. The clinic employs a dedicated team of about 20 people and they can only manage 1 or maybe 2 transplants a day.

Mine was the 'cut the donor hair slice out of the back of your head, separate out the follicles under microscopes and replant' technique.

The new individual follicle harvesting technique sounds great, as the previous method required a surgical procedure which would put many people off.

I am still very pleased with the results. When I look at photos of myself 25 years ago I cringe thinking what I would look like now without the transplant.

Definitely go for it!

Let me guess, you are a trolling fanatical vegetarian who will attribute baldness and all other ailments to the eating of meat. cheesy.gif

Next.

Duh

Thats the only thing that makes sense

Think !