Home multi gym where to buy Pattaya

Eddie01

Hi all I'm looking to buy a home gym in the Pattaya area, does anyone know of somewhere and can point me in the right direction. I want a machine that has all the normal stuff like lat pull down , bench press , leg extension. Anyone how has purchased something like this and can give me an idea on price too would be vary helpful. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

They tend to be not inexpensive here, you'll find some in Tesco and Big C but quality is not great and they're still not cheap. Have you considered putting the money towards a gym membership instead.

Hi I did consider a gym membership here but because I go to work 5-6 days a week and we are about to have a baby in a few month I wanted the convenience of working out at home. I'll have a look at what's out there but I suppose I could send one from Oz if the quality is really not great.

They tend to be not inexpensive here, you'll find some in Tesco and Big C but quality is not great and they're still not cheap. Have you considered putting the money towards a gym membership instead.

Hi I did consider a gym membership here but because I go to work 5-6 days a week and we are about to have a baby in a few month I wanted the convenience of working out at home. I'll have a look at what's out there but I suppose I could send one from Oz if the quality is really not great.

If you check around the hotels you'll find that many of them have gyms and they'll sell you a membership, often quite expensively. I've got one such membership here in CM that costs 10k baht a year so there's no great loss if I don't use it as often as I should. The other aspect with gym membership and a busy lifestyle is to try and arrange your schedules so that the gym visit becomes part of your daily routine, you only need 45 minutes to an hour - compare the 10k against the 90k or so you're likely to spend on equipment and it makes a lot of sense.

If you check around the hotels you'll find that many of them have gyms and they'll sell you a membership, often quite expensively. I've got one such membership here in CM that costs 10k baht a year so there's no great loss if I don't use it as often as I should. The other aspect with gym membership and a busy lifestyle is to try and arrange your schedules so that the gym visit becomes part of your daily routine, you only need 45 minutes to an hour - compare the 10k against the 90k or so you're likely to spend on equipment and it makes a lot of sense.

very good point I'll keep that in mind cheers

I had a multigym years ago. If I was going to do it again I'd just get a bench, bar bell, dumbbells, and buy one of the captains chairs with pull up bars.

I work on various oil rigs with all kinds of cheap and space saving gym set ups and these work well. Just gotta get a bit creative with your workouts. Look for second hand weights as the weights last for ever. As for the bench, if it wobbles don't buy it

Edited by eeeya

Well for 30.000-40.000 you get already a lot: http://www.gymware.com/gateway_strength6.html

So with the hotel for 10.000, it would be 3-4 years. Considering that you have the place at home, you would also safe time.

On the other hand, even a poor hotel gym has more options to use than what you can buy for 40K.