So... how 'Good" is Thailand?

ozsamurai

Well if you consider that there are 196 countries in the world and Thailand is considered by many a 3rd world country (or at least a developing country)...53rd is not so bad...in fact, personally I think it's pretty good...Oh well....statistics are what they are ....just that ...and can be skewed to say what you want!

Edited by beachproperty

Well if you consider that there are 196 countries in the world and Thailand is considered by many a 3rd world country (or at least a developing country)...53rd is not so bad...in fact, personally I think it's pretty good...Oh well....statistics are what they are ....just that ...and can be skewed to say what you want!

Ohhhh no they can't. A certain member will be along shortly to put you right biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Ohhhh no they can't. A certain member will be along shortly to put you right biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

If you say so! coffee1.gif Just my point of view wai.gif

My sarcasm clearly went straight over your head

My sarcasm clearly went straight over your head

Statisticly speaking it may have...but so did my frankness for you whistling.gif

If you watched the video, you would see that it has very little to do with economics, in fact the opposite. Even Kenya comes in at 26... its an index of 'how useful' for want of better words a country is. Take that as you will.

Oz

If you watched the video, you would see that it has very little to do with economics, in fact the opposite. Even Kenya comes in at 26... its an index of 'how useful' for want of better words a country is. Take that as you will.

Oz

No matter what ....53rd out of 196 countries in the world is not so bad.

Is the point of this post ...to show how "useless" Thailand is?blink.png

No I'm not into Thai bashing, but calling a spade a spade. Too many here look at Thailand as if its the bees knees, when a objective report shows that in a grander scale maybe things aren't as rose colored, and I thought this was an interesting point to share. Maybe have a think about.

Oz

No I'm not into Thai bashing, but calling a spade a spade. Too many here look at Thailand as if its the bees knees, when a objective report shows that in a grander scale maybe things aren't as rose colored, and I thought this was an interesting point to share. Maybe have a think about.

Oz

An interesting point .....one which I don't disagree with....

BUT the parameters of said Study and what they use to gauge "good" are what I find faulty.....

Charity giving

Refugees Hosted

Refugees Generated

Population Growth

UN Trieaties signed (Not sure what that has to do with the time of day ....or more specificly why it makes a country "good")

Oh well ....slow day...coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Well ... lets see the positive aspect.

Thailand is 53rd out of 196 ... so it's better then 'average' ... almost making it into the top 25%.

Mind you ... it's an objective opinion.

I can find happiness and enjoyment in most places I travel to.

... but I haven't ever been to the Middle East, African Continent, nor South America.

Oz

Then I take it, that the video has little credibility. Kenya has some nice people, but like most of Africa, is a s**t hole. I doubt that very little positive is going on there, without western influence and direction.