Is there a market among expats for cheaper houses ?

tebee

The wife has decided she wants to sell her old Townhouse, which has been rented out for the last 15 years, when the current tenants leave at the end of the month. She has asked me to see if I can sell it on the English language sites.

But, given the restrictions on expats owning houses in Thailand and I don't think it's the sort of house many would buy, I wonder if it is worth doing this.

It's a 2 bed Townhouse in a very Thai area near Ramintra km 8 120sqm - not sure of price yet, would guess about 2 million, the unrestored one opposite went for 1.2 million post flood.

So is there a market for that sort of house on the English sites ? or would I be wasting my time.

Doesn't hurt to try, take a look at the ads here in the ThaiVisa Classifieds, some are free and I think even the premium, only 360 Baht. Granted it may not be what most westerners are interested in, but that may depend on a wife or girlfriend situation.

So it's too cheap then, maybe we need ask more for it wink_zpsd84bc3ba.gif

I've not much idea on prices of these things, certainly looking on here the nearest similar one was 3.5 million. As the man of the family I'm supposed to make the judgment call, although I'm only going on what my wife tells me. Still it means I can take the blame if we get it wrong, lucky me frying-pan-smash_zpsabc4c64b.gif

It's the pink one here .

Fullscreen%2520capture%252025082014%2520

Origin http://goo.gl/maps/Ws1yw

Is there a good thai site that list houses for sale so we can compare prices ?

post-143433-0-20106600-1408968120_thumb.

2 million would scare me off because it is to cheap for a decent house in BKK, even a condo costs more. Also i want to live in a moobaan only.

There are many farang brokers who sell houses in BKK, you can try them.

The price does seem a bit high for this but the area is OK and look good for it's age. We paid 1.69 for a new 3 bed semi 35 sq wah two years ago, just a crap area miles from anywhere.

Edited by jacky54

So it is a townhouse, they also go from 2-7 million baht but location is the key. For this one i have no idea about the price because i don't know the location exactly but if you want to sell it then start high and you can always give a special price only today much discount. That's how Thai sell something.

To sell this house i would offer to pay for a nice fence for the neighbour. It seems the neighbour don't care much about the looks and that might scare buyers off, especially farang i guess.

Also i would like to know if a car fits on the driveway and what happens in the street along the house. But i 'm a farang and the Thai look different at houses then me.

OP - in your smartphone if you have one .. you can turn on location services in the phone and in the camera app. take a photo of the house and capture the GPS coordinates.,.. which can be plugged into Google Maps or Earth allowing anyone to see where it is.. You can also do this by scanning with google maps or earth - but if you are not good at it ... could get tedious.

OP - in your smartphone if you have one .. you can turn on location services in the phone and in the camera app. take a photo of the house and capture the GPS coordinates.,.. which can be plugged into Google Maps or Earth allowing anyone to see where it is.. You can also do this by scanning with google maps or earth - but if you are not good at it ... could get tedious.

It is an end one though and they are more, I'd say it's worth about 1.7 but it's only worth what somebody is willing to pay.

Edited by jacky54

Location for sure is the key. I live in Ekamai and some people just bought a town house that is may 200 m3 for 15 million baht and just knocked it down. Must have money to build their new design. Not to many years ago the place was for sale for 7 million.

Yeah Ekami is another world 15 mill sounds pretty good for there, one thing is sure the oversupply is enormous. I wonder what the purchase price was for this one? about 900k - I mill I would think so she won't be losing out if she can sell it.

Edited by jacky54

Thanks CasualBiker DDproperty.com is the one I found before and could not remember.

Map to where it is was in that link http://goo.gl/maps/Ws1yw

Neighbours are a strange mix some houses look a bit shady and run down , others much improved and prosperous.

2 mil is what I thought after she said the one opposite went for 1.2 million flood damaged a couple of years ago. But she has since pointed out to me that , unlike Europe, it doesn't cost that much to fix up a house in Bangkok and you don't really get much capital appreciation in the suburbs. So she still expects to get around 1.2 million.