Barbeque

Tesco and Tops are good for steaks, chicken, pork chops etc.

Fish Market near Big Buddha is good for seafood.

Big Joes on the ring road oppostite the PTT filling station is good for sausages, burgers etc. He also has some really good ribs in vacuum packed bags that are marinated in bbq sauce - lovely.

Beer can be bought from most places.

Happy BBQ.

BIG JOES near Chaweng on the ring road opposite petrol station and next door to budget car rentals.

All things for BBQ and lots of pies.(personally I love the Jamacian pastys)

Yup the guy who runs it is called Joe and Yup he is big.......

Top bloke Top food.

:o

Ray,

Don's on left hand side of the Ring Road between Tesco and the Petrol Station is good, just like Big Joe's across the street from the Petrol Station.

Otherwise I agree with "justinnsamui" that Tesco and Tops are great too !!!

Have a nice bbq !!! :o

Tony

www.booze.com

F&B on the loop road between Tongkruht & Raja Ferry, sell wholesale meat too.You can pick some tenderloin or fillet steak there.It's New Zealand or Australian.Another place you can get some good beef is TOP HARVEST in Lamai,you can can get A grade beef there.

Edited by Rooo

Where can I get a bbq grill? Ive seen the small shop in Mai nam run by bbqthai.com but they are soooo expensive. Is this really the going rate for a grill in thailand?

In the usa we can get something simple for less them $100 but they dont seem to have anything under 15,000 baht.

Where can I get a bbq grill? Ive seen the small shop in Mai nam run by bbqthai.com but they are soooo expensive. Is this really the going rate for a grill in thailand?

In the usa we can get something simple for less them $100 but they dont seem to have anything under 15,000 baht.

Poor, the ones you see around the island on the ring road, can't remember the name of the shop (island living or similar) are imported from Australia.There is another shop at Bangrak that sells european type b/bques made in Thailand.Haven't checked the cost though.The shop is low key & it's on the left hand side heading to the airport.Another alternative is to ask Big Joe,he gets open grills made out of stainless for some of his customers,you can either get a full size or half size.Alternatively PM me & I might be able to get you one.

• 2 weeks later...

1/ Tesco now have a fresh meat section & you can get it cut to your own specs.

2/ Home pro have western style B/Bqs with stands etc.... charcoal power for Bht 1,390.00. You will find them in the Outdoor & Gardening section.

1/ Tesco now have a fresh meat section & you can get it cut to your own specs.

2/ Home pro have western style B/Bqs with stands etc.... charcoal power for Bht 1,390.00. You will find them in the Outdoor & Gardening section.

Really? How big is it? I'd love a charcoal bbq, but wouldn't want one of those huge ones.

They have a regular size for Bht 1,390.00 or the double size for Bht 3,590.00 I think. The smaller one is a good looking unit.

Whats a regular size? Some kind of reference please Rooo!

SBK about 18 inches in diamater, but I'll have a closer look for you in the next couple of days & let you know.

No stress Rooo, just curious what size "regular" was. 18 in diameter is not too bad. If I ever make it to Samui I'll go check out the Home pro and look for myself. That is, if my husband lets me in the door of the Home Pro. I am a home store junkie :o