Job change during Residency Permit Consideration

Guys, I have a situation which makes me to consider changing job.
However, I am under consideration of Residency Permit.
If I change job then what will happen to my application?

Will my application under current employer be cancelled?

Or is there other way to avoid this?

Your advise of suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

My experience:

Applied in Dec.'07;

Left job in March'08 (i.e. no work permit & no income);

Went overseas mid-09 for 1yr+, but returned to Bkk frequently (still no work permit);

Back to Bkk & new job & new work permit;

Residency finalised in Dec.'12 with absolutely no problems or even questions.

So, from my experience I can't see that you would have a problem, so long as you don't fall foul of the system (e.g. try working without a work permit).

Good luck. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

My experience:

Applied in Dec.'07;

Left job in March'08 (i.e. no work permit & no income);

Went overseas mid-09 for 1yr+, but returned to Bkk frequently (still no work permit);

Back to Bkk & new job & new work permit;

Residency finalised in Dec.'12 with absolutely no problems or even questions.

So, from my experience I can't see that you would have a problem, so long as you don't fall foul of the system (e.g. try working without a work permit).

Good luck. thumbsup.gif

Wow 5 years for approval....

My experience: I also changed my job after submitting my application. However, I had completed all of the paperwork and was in the 'waiting period' (nearly 6 years in my case) between the PR dept. confirming I had submitted all of the documents and that they were in order, and the actual granting of my PR.

I also went abroad to work for a period in this 6 years, but was back in Thailand working with a new company (with a new WP) when my PR was finally granted. I was asked for my current WP at the granting ceremony, but I think this was only for information, and it was certainly not compared to the one I had when I submitted my application.

I suggest you check with the PR department at CW, they are very helpful, as I'm sure you have already found out.

One thing is for certain, is that if you do not have a valid re-entry permit when you leave the country during your 'under consideration' period, your application will lapse, and you will have to start from the beginning again. I made sure that I was always back in Thailand to renew mine whenever it got close.

If you applied under category "foreign expert" then the application will be linked to that area of expertise and job at the time. Just fyi i left my job under which i had applied for Residency and informed them that i was looking anew prior their decision for PR (which was positive regardless a bit later)

If you applied under different category like "marriage" then a job change should matter less, but still, they may want to get copy of all new documents.

I'd recommend you visit them and ask their advice.

Thank you so much Guys.

First I thought that once applied with piles of documents and short interviews my application(marriage) is in que and they may not care for changed happened after. However I found information that WP is connected to Non-Immigrant (O) that if my current employer returned my WP then Non-Immigrant visa attached to WP will be expired within 7days.

My Non-Immigrant (O) which is in 6 month extension circle might be revoked unless I get new WP from new employer within 7 days I lose current visa or application ----- is what I'm afraid of.

Your comments really encourage me. smile.png

My situation is not very serious yet, although it's likely to be.

Once changing job is inevitable I will go to Cheang Watthana and ask to Immigration straightly.

And I will up their answer here.

Thank you very much for you all.wai.gif

I know of at least 2 cases where the applicant no longer had a WP when their Residence permit was issued. In my own case, on the morning I had to go to CW to receive the RP my lawyer was supposed to show up with my WP but he had lost it and I stupidly didn't have copy either. There was no problem and the PR officer handling it said that they only ask for the applicants WP to make sure the spelling of your name in Thai is the same on both documents.

Sure enough my name was spelt differently. However I suggested to my lawyer that he could fix that up for free - which he did.

In short, I'm quite sure you will have no problem.

Earlier this month I went to do my 6 month extension whilst waiting for final approval (2009 batch). I enquired was it a problem if I retired whilst still waiting. They advised me it would be no problem.