Big Budda

Phil Conners

The "big budda" on "budda hill" is apparently gone.

Anyone know the story?

I was told a new condo complex is going to be built on the site some time early next year.

and its all going through a re-location phase at present.

Have a nice day.

Has it actually gone?

Maybe it will be relocated, however my wife (Thai) says if they build condo, never do that number one bad luck. Thai would never do that. (her English :o )

A Thai would never build a house on the site.

Anyway as I am so far away can anyone in pattaya go see if it is there or not?

The "big budda" on "budda hill" is apparently gone.

Anyone know the story?

The guy who said it was gone was pissed out of his skull :D

Or Kerry is :D

I should be offended by that, but for some........hic.......reshon.....hic..... :D .......I luv youse guys..... :o

Sure is.......and, when I read the original post (on the day that it was posted), I looked out of my window just to check and the Big Buddha was still there. I thought that it has got to be a wind up!!

Edited by Artisan

Did you rearly drive all the way up there !!!!!

Yep drove all the way up there ( took about 7 minutes :o ) and took the photo as positive proof that it still exists..there is however some building going on to the right of the car park area

maybe thats the new condo block ??

post-2109-1152617985_thumb.jpg

Maybe David Copperfield was visiting the area!

:o:D:D

Just an aside to this. When I insisted on dragging the TGF up there on my last trip, she said it was very bad luck as all relationships finished after a visit to the Big Buddha. She refused to go all the way to the top and spent the time praying in the temple at the bottom of the stairs that we didn't break up.

Funnily enough, the next day, my friend and his TGF who had visited with us had a blazing row and split up. Got back together again the next though.

Anybody else hear about this superstition?

Anybody else hear about this superstition?

Well, considering that most of the farang men that go there, go with their BGs, and then shortly after they split up as the guy goes home or looks for a new squeeze.

I've gone up there a couple of times with the same girl and stayed together with her afterwards (until it was time to go home). Today was the first trip up there in over a year, and I was alone, so I guess it doesn't count !

Today was the first trip up there in over a year, and I was alone, so I guess it doesn't count !

Hi Kerry....wasn't your trip just to confirm it was still there?

Yeah, and I didn't go up the stairs, so it doesn't really count as a visit.