Nigerian man, Thai woman arrested for online fraud

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the one where a Princess from a rich miniature African country that nobody ever heard about before, need to access some bank account in Switzerland and need your help to get the money??

Shush, keep that between us two, we're the only ones who know about it. If everyone finds out we'll have to share the money.whistling.gif

What I want to know, is this Taiwanese company and it's directors so naïve as to transfer 4.6 million baht to the scammers accounts?

If, as I suspect, they are, I'm not sorry for them loosing the money.

Not everyone in the world is as sharp and alert as you. They don't give details of the scam but it must be a good one to land companies like that.

Some governments even fall victim to scammers - just look at the Eurozone for starters.

I hate to admit, I too fell for a scammer here in Thailand 9 years ago for an oil deal that never was. This, for a shiite load more money. Never to this day, have I forgot the day I met a notorious infamous muslim (unbeknown to me at the time) a certain so-called Dr ......

When your naive it can lead to a lot of misery however in my defence .... he was one of the biggest conmen to walk this planet earth .he set up an elaborate scam reminiscent of the movIe the STING ....... last time I heard anything about this evil man was on a New Zealand news program. He was trying to scam the government and its people to purchase the Cook islands for insane amounts of money .....

What I'm trying to get across ... you can be duped into scams - if you let your guard down .... ...

• Like 1

haha...nigerian man and scammmer in the same sentence...when will people wake up....these losers are raised to scam...as they tell all the bar girls they are footballers and rappers....get into your cage scammer...bye bye..

I've always been amazed at the fact that ANYONE would disclose their bank account number to someone they do not know. That said....I would LOVE to provide my boss' account number to these thugs. Scum should be scammed by other scum. Instant Karma's gonna getcha.

It must have been an elaborate scan to get a Taiwanese steel company hooked. One less scammer is great news.

Agreed. Unfortunately, the Nigerian couldn't phathom using his "obvious" brilliance(ability to con a Chinese business), for more honest pursuits. His stupidity was getting involved with a Thai, to run the scam, to begin. Guaranteed, she was the one who provided the names of accomplices.

Good to see two more of those @$$wipes go to the slammer. Just imagine a world without the Nigerian scam... how many hundreds of schools and hospitals could have been built in Nigeria if all those crooks would have used their "talents" for legal businesses and business ideas.

we need to know his name, date of birth, address and bank account number!

Need also how the heck did he/she/them do this ? I am looking for a part time job now that I am retired. One that can be done while in Thailand. Really, there is something to be learned hear.

What I want to know, is this Taiwanese company and it's directors so naïve as to transfer 4.6 million baht to the scammers accounts?

That's a bit harsh! Should we not have an expectation of decency from humans in general or do we always need to be living the 'Cynical' life, never trusting anyone. Not to mention that the best Scammers are very thorough and whilst I'm very glad one has been caught, I fail to understand how any evolved human being could be happy about the demise of the innocent and guiltless whose real error was only that of ignorance... I hope you don't have any children to keep your cynicism lineage going!

Dear Mr Empireboy,

I don't usually answer comments of that nature on TVF, not anything else but, being so many, I would have to employ a secretary to keep track of them.

But, because you sound a nice person and in need of guidance, I'll make an exception.

I do have children and grandchildren, Mr Empireboy, and I taught them in life, nothing is free.

If you are offered a deal, that sounds unbelievably good, don't let greed take over you, it's probably a scam.

You have to work hard, in life, to make money, nobody will give them to you for free.

Probably, you feel bitter about my thoughts, as you have fallen victim of a scam before.

I do feel sorry for you, and as I see from your profile you are running an online business (don't get alarmed, you don't need a WP, YET), you should be more vigilant in your transactions.

Although, I said, nothing is free in life, Mr Empireboy, I give you the benefit of my free advice.

Have a Happy Life, and be aware of scammers.

A Nigerian using email to scam? Say it ain't so. Good work Sherlock Holmes!

Hopefully ole Sherlock will put the same effort into tracking down all of the British, Swiss and the boatload of other European & Middle-East nationals running both internet, and street scams in Asia. The Nigerians get all the attention because of the "Negro-Phobia" that prevails within the news media, anymore. Just the facts, FYI- whistling.gif

That's a bit harsh! Should we not have an expectation of decency from humans in general or do we always need to be living the 'Cynical' life, never trusting anyone. Not to mention that the best Scammers are very thorough and whilst I'm very glad one has been caught, I fail to understand how any evolved human being could be happy about the demise of the innocent and guiltless whose real error was only that of ignorance... I hope you don't have any children to keep your cynicism lineage going!

I have to wonder if God had warned Eve about the Nigerian Apple ? Nice to think good thoughts about the world, but even God knew evil lurks. Yes, God invented the internet and evil.

It must have been an elaborate scan to get a Taiwanese steel company hooked. One less scammer is great news.

No I think this great amount of scammers is good. They keep you trained and alert.

If there would be -99% Scammer they could scam a lot more people because we would consider the email as real

Anyone notice all africans look alike. Could pass for any NFL player.

Also -notice the shifty eyes on the thai girl.

Edited by choochoo

Good to see two more of those @$$wipes go to the slammer. Just imagine a world without the Nigerian scam... how many hundreds of schools and hospitals could have been built in Nigeria if all those crooks would have used their "talents" for legal businesses and business ideas.

Again, the same "Rule of Thumb" shout apply equally to the more abundantly scam-artist demographic of Brits, Swiss, Eastern European, Middle_East & Thai scamsters operating in Thailand. Your targeting the Nigerians exclusively is nothing more than your innate Negro-Phobia, by posting your socialized, comfort-zone beliefs, not knowledgeable comments to this forum! THINK about what you have written, sir! whistling.gif

The perpetrators of Advance Fee Fraud (AFF), known internationally as "4-1-9" fraud after the section of the Nigerian penal code which addresses fraud schemes, are often very creative and innovative. The Nigerian Scam 419 has been ongoing for decades and people still fall for it. Check out: http://www.419eater.com/ thumbsup.gif

Most Africans will tell you, "Don't do business with West Africans, especially those Nigerians." Greedy, pushy and dishonest.

Fact. 65% of the African-American population, in the U.S., are of Nigerian heritage. Hence, the 60% disproportionate number of blacks within the prison system (look @ their facial/physical features),compared with the 12% proportion of blacks within the total population. A terrible waste of intelligence. Fortunately, I have (personally) met, quite a number of Nigerians, who absolutely do not fit into the negative category image, the world has come to have (via the mass news media) of African people. whistling.gif

Edited by NativeSon360

Its much bigger. Most of the Nigerians in the 90s were promised a dream and got nothing in return when the Oil was found in Nigeria.

The bigger scammers are Western oil Conglomerates like SHELL and BP who took over all Oil Fields in Nigeria while giving pennies to Nigerians.

When the oil fields were being built, they were told to study, go up in university and they will get a job. All they got was hope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum_industry_in_Nigeria

Nigeria's proven oil reserves are estimated by the U.S. United States Energy Information Administration (EIA) at between 16 and 22 billion barrels (3.5×109 m3),[4] but other sources claim there could be as much as 35.3 billion barrels (5.61×109 m3). Its reserves make Nigeria the tenth most petroleum-rich nation, and by the far the most affluent in Africa. In mid-2001 its crude oil production was averaging around 2.2 million barrels (350,000 m³) per day

Estimates suggest that 1,000 people are still killed every year.[16] While Nigeria’s oil revenue has totaled $340 billion in exports since the 1970s and it is the fifth largest producer, 70% of its population lives on less than $1 a day, and 43% have no access to clean water

One of the greatest threats facing the people of the Niger River Delta has actually been their own government. The Nigerian government has total control over property rights and they have the authority to seize any property for use by the oil companies. A majority of every dollar that comes out of the ground in the delta goes to the government of Nigeria. As a result of the enormous amounts of sweet light crude that comes out of the delta every day Nigeria has the second largest GDP in Sub-Saharan Africa[28]Despite the wealth flowing into the nation from oil revenues many of Nigeria’s socio-economic factors are worse now than they were 30 years ago.

----------------

Now tell me....One fine day..The British or American government comes knocking on your door and says...your house, land belongs to me..Because you got Oil ...?

As we can see...They were shortchanged by their own government and oil corporations. These guys are all smart and educated, that's why they know how companies operate etc, they are effective scammers because they are educated.

All the land they owned belongs to the government. They could just come and take all your land away....How many those became scammers?

All that being said...Cheating another human being is not right...but we must know the cause of it all..

If Nigerian oil money goes to people of Nigeria not to corrupt government and corporations. They wouldn't need to do this.

The lame stream western corporate media is very good at hiding facts. The bigger scammers are SHELL and BP who are scamming billions in Nigeria while giving away nothing to Nigerians themselves.

Edited by starchild5
  • Like 1

He said the suspects, nabbed at an apartment in Bangkok's Bueng Kum district on Tuesday, had allegedly joined other Nigerian gangsters to create an e-mail address similar to that of a Thai construction company to trick its Taiwanese client to wire Bt4.6 million for metal joints to Anchulee's bank account in April.

This is almost discrimination, as they usually "only" smuggle coke in their stomachs and sell it in Bangkok.

Nigerian gangsters have already taken over South Africa"s underworld and more. How many of them are living in Bangkok without visa, work permit, etc, but bribing the coppers?

​I'm sure that there're ways to "buy" their way out......facepalm.gif

Its much bigger. Most of the Nigerians in the 90s were promised a dream and got nothing in return when the Oil was found in Nigeria.

The bigger scammers are Western oil Conglomerates like SHELL and BP who took over all Oil Fields in Nigeria while giving pennies to Nigerians.

When the oil fields were being built, they were told to study, go up in university and they will get a job. All they got was hope.

Nigeria's proven oil reserves are estimated by the U.S. United States Energy Information Administration (EIA) at between 16 and 22 billion barrels (3.5×109 m3),[4] but other sources claim there could be as much as 35.3 billion barrels (5.61×109 m3). Its reserves make Nigeria the tenth most petroleum-rich nation, and by the far the most affluent in Africa. In mid-2001 its crude oil production was averaging around 2.2 million barrels (350,000 m³) per day

Estimates suggest that 1,000 people are still killed every year.[16] While Nigeria’s oil revenue has totaled $340 billion in exports since the 1970s and it is the fifth largest producer, 70% of its population lives on less than $1 a day, and 43% have no access to clean water

One of the greatest threats facing the people of the Niger River Delta has actually been their own government. The Nigerian government has total control over property rights and they have the authority to seize any property for use by the oil companies. A majority of every dollar that comes out of the ground in the delta goes to the government of Nigeria. As a result of the enormous amounts of sweet light crude that comes out of the delta every day Nigeria has the second largest GDP in Sub-Saharan Africa[28]Despite the wealth flowing into the nation from oil revenues many of Nigeria’s socio-economic factors are worse now than they were 30 years ago.

----------------

As we can see...They were shortchanged by their own government and oil corporations. These guys are all smart and educated, thats why they know how companies operate etc.

All the land they owned belongs to the government. They could just come and take all your land away....How many those became scammers?

All that being said...Cheating another human being is not right...but we must know the cause of it all..

If Nigerian oil money goes to people to Nigeria not to corrupt government and corporations. They wouldn't need to do this.

Thanks for the updated information. However, what do you say about the Nigerian-genetic base of people, born in The United States of America (the most dynamic free-enterprise system in human history), who, despite the opportunities afforded to black people, has a 200% proportionate prison population increase of convicted black criminals, since before the "racial oppressive", pre- 1960s Civil Rights Legislation, that totally eliminated that social oppression.

By 1970, the system in the U.S. became a level playing field for all people, regardless of skin-color, racial origin, nationality origin or religious affiliation. So what's the big black (non-progressive) excuse these days? Still living in the past, whining about historical institution of slavery, I suppose.whistling.gif

Nigerians, in Nigeria, I can understand. But North American Nigerians, all things considered, are a totally incomprehensible bunch of people. Note the physical features of the anson & looting participants, during the recent Ferguson, Missouri (USA) riots.

American-style Affirmative action, repeated in South Africa. Here is a mineral rich country, once, one of the world's strongest economies, with a unemployment rate nearly @ 0%, that has been TOTALLY destroyed since the African National Congress gained control of that country. Sub-Sahara Africa will probably be written into history as the greatest human tragedy, ever existing on this planet. The Jewish holocaust, (of the 1930s & 1940s) pales significantly, by comparison. Africa is like the symbolic snake devouring itself, for some unfathomable reason.coffee1.gif Sorry, but I did go way-off topic, didnt I?

Edited by NativeSon360

If Nigerian oil money goes to people of Nigeria not to corrupt government and corporations. They wouldn't need to do this.

The lame stream western corporate media is very good at hiding facts. The bigger scammers are SHELL and BP who are scamming billions in Nigeria while giving away nothing to Nigerians themselves.

We're in danger of straying off main topic ....

Most of the profit from the Nigerian oil fields does go to the Nigerian government - what they in turn do with the $$billions is up to the Nigerians.

If the Western oil companies were to pull out (e.g. if the oil fields were to be bought out by Nigeria), the production would come to a halt, as the locals would not be able to run nor maintain the facilities, and the pollution would be much worse. Besides, Nigeria does not have enough money to buy them out. Perhaps PetroChina might, but the Chinese can't get along with Nigerians either.

It's not a surprise that, for the employees of Western companies, the country with the highest "Location Factor" (multiples of basic salary to compensate for the hardship) is Nigeria.

• Like 1

I know I am indulging in a fantasy here, but I wish this was the same Nigerian who has been bugging me for years over the millions of dollars he needs to move from his war torn country. Tables are turned in this instance since most of the appeals come from gals living in a youth camp in Nigerian who are not old enouth, no matter their age to move money w/o a gullible accomplice.

A similar scam was in the news recently. Apparently they spoof an email address for a partner company here in TH that is doing business with the company in Taiwan. There is inside information (accomplices) gained about a business transfer (possibly fairly routine) and the scammers intercept and ask the Taiwanese to change the TT account to the scammers account in Bangkok. A savvy accountant will pick it up right away but some don't.

• Like 1

----------------

As we can see...They were shortchanged by their own government and oil corporations. These guys are all smart and educated, thats why they know how companies operate etc.

If Nigerian oil money goes to people to Nigeria not to corrupt government and corporations. They wouldn't need to do this.

Thanks for the updated information. However, what do you say about the Nigerian-genetic base of people, born in The United States of America (the most dynamic free-enterprise system in human history), who, despite the opportunities afforded to black people, has a 200% proportionate prison population increase of convicted black criminals, since before the "racial oppressive", pre- 1960s Civil Rights Legislation, that totally eliminated that social oppression.

By 1970, the system in the U.S. became a level playing field for all people, regardless of skin-color, racial origin, nationality origin or religious affiliation. So what's the big black (non-progressive) excuse these days? Still living in the past, whining about historical institution of slavery, I suppose.whistling.gif

Nigerians, in Nigeria, I can understand. But North American Nigerians, all things considered, are a totally incomprehensible bunch of people. Note the physical features of the anson & looting participants, during the recent Ferguson, Missouri (USA) riots.

American-style Affirmative action, repeated in South Africa. Here is a mineral rich country, once, one of the world's strongest economies, with a unemployment rate nearly @ 0%, that has been TOTALLY destroyed since the African National Congress gained control of that country. Sub-Sahara Africa will probably be written into history as the greatest human tragedy, ever existing on this planet. The Jewish holocaust, (of the 1930s & 1940s) pales significantly, by comparison. Africa is like the symbolic snake devouring itself, for some unfathomable reason.coffee1.gif Sorry, but I did go way-off topic, didnt I?

Oops! Second, to last paragraph typo-correction to previous post "arson & looting" participants. Sorry about that.

He said the suspects, nabbed at an apartment in Bangkok's Bueng Kum district on Tuesday, had allegedly joined other Nigerian gangsters to create an e-mail address similar to that of a Thai construction company to trick its Taiwanese client to wire Bt4.6 million for metal joints to Anchulee's bank account in April.

This is almost discrimination, as they usually "only" smuggle coke in their stomachs and sell it in Bangkok.

Nigerian gangsters have already taken over South Africa"s underworld and more. How many of them are living in Bangkok without visa, work permit, etc, but bribing the coppers?

​I'm sure that there're ways to "buy" their way out......facepalm.gif

FYI- LOSTinisaan, how many British expats are doing the exact same thing in Thailand? Do you have a clue?

Clean-up your own house first, Chappycoffee1.gif.

Try 'losing the money' Spelling and grammar squad strikes again! :)