Japanese businessman meets with PM Prayuth

webfact

Japanese businessman meets with PM
By Digital Content

14092157875262.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 28 -- A leading Japanese businessman has met with Prime Minister Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha to discuss obstacles to doing business within Thailand.

Thai Air Force chief ACM Prachin Chantong, concurrently in charge of economic affairs for the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) led Shigenobu Nagomori, president and founder of Nidec Corporation, a distinguished business advisor to the Board of Investment (BoI), to meet Gen Prayuth to discuss policies and strategies to help promote foreign investment in Thailand at the Royal Thai Army headquarters in Bangkok.

The premier warmly welcomed the Japanese businessman and presented him with a gift on the occasion of his birthday.

He said the Thai economy is in good hands, as ACM Prachin oversees the national economy, with the help of Gen Chatchai Sarikalaya.

The Thai premier pointed out that Thailand and Japan have had a long and strong relationship in all aspects, including military ties.

In response, Mr Shigenobu said some regulations concerning foreign investment in Thailand have hampered efforts to conduct business here
He suggested that to create an amiable atmosphere for international investment in Thailand, some changes must be made to regulations to provide foreign business owners with better conveniences.

Nidec Electronics is a major Japanese producer of electronic parts with a large production base in Thailand.

The company began operating in Thailand in 1990, and has added nine subsidiaries in Thailand since then. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-08-28

I could not agree more. Under the previous regime changes were DAILY making business here troublesome and full of payouts for corrupt officials. now this is common in Asia but getting to such a high number in the percentage stakes was too much.

Now things are moving again and there are always TWEAKS that need to be made.

I am all for seeing what hs been proposed and I congratulate the general on his birthday!

But my wishes pale to those before me as I am but a speck in the ocean on this earth.

So all of you who come after demonising this General for trying to get things done, remember you too are nothing in the scheme of things.

This Japanese businessman is significant and this meeting symbolises that THAILAND MEANS business. i am all for it as this is a wonderful country with wonderful people despite the few negatives - it is still a great place or we would not be here.

Edited by marcusd
  • Like 1

For Heaven's sake! A non-story if ever there was one. I see it made filled a quarter front page of today's Thai Rath.

Can we look forward to stories about what the general had for his lunch, what toothpaste he uses, and which soap operas he (doesn't) watch?

I suppose with all real news being stifled, gagged or heavily censored, we must get used to this.

I could not agree more. Under the previous regime changes were DAILY making business here troublesome and full of payouts for corrupt officials. now this is common in Asia but getting to such a high number in the percentage stakes was too much.

Now things are moving again and there are always TWEAKS that need to be made.

I am all for seeing what hs been proposed and I congratulate the general on his birthday!

But my wishes pale to those before me as I am but a speck in the ocean on this earth.

So all of you who come after demonising this General for trying to get things done, remember you too are nothing in the scheme of things.

This Japanese businessman is significant and this meeting symbolises that THAILAND MEANS business. i am all for it as this is a wonderful country with wonderful people despite the few negatives - it is still a great place or we would not be here.

LOL - You should go line up to be the next for photo opportunity. I guess in one year you will be very quiet as nothing really got done. It's just photo opportunities.